Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmazingTechGeek

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Mar 6, 2015
Los Angeles
After having the iPhone 6 for a week, I can say that I really like the device. As far as design goes, I personally like the rounded look with the antenna bands. As much as I liked the design of the 5/5s, the chamfered edges where distracting without a case on. I don't have to worry about that. That is not to say the six is without its quirks, as it is more fragile and slippery to hold without a case. Appearance wise, it is a great design.

Reactions: Dennison

Dennison

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2015
United States
Whew! Glad I'm not alone. I love the new look (Gold specifically) over the dated 5/5S design, the antenna bands never bothered me, and I know why they're there.

The new Space Gray on the other hand, no. Apple needs to make it a lot darker and blacker like the Watch. It honestly just looks like Silver. I sold my Space Gray 6 Plus last November for a Gold 6. So very glad I did!

Reactions: AmazingTechGeek

AmazingTechGeek

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Mar 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Whew! Glad I'm not alone. I love the new look (Gold specifically) over the dated 5/5S design, the antenna bands never bothered me, and I know why they're there.

The new Space Gray on the other hand, no. Apple needs to make it a lot darker and blacker like the Watch. It honestly just looks like Silver. I sold my Space Gray 6 Plus last November for a Gold 6. So very glad I did!
Gold looks great. I honestly though I would return my space gray 6 for silver, but the color free on me and I'm now very fond of it. But I'm glad you like your change in preference. I respect your decision.

Flow39

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2014
The Apple Store

I love the look of the Space Gray, but I wish they would go back the the Space Gray they had on the 5s. It looked much better and was darker do differentiate it from the silver.

Reactions: AmazingTechGeek

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
After having the iPhone 6 for a week, I can say that I really like the device. As far as design goes, I personally like the rounded look with the antenna bands. As much as I liked the design of the 5/5s, the chamfered edges where distracting without a case on. I don't have to worry about that. That is not to say the six is without its quirks, as it is more fragile and slippery to hold without a case. Appearance wise, it is a great design.
Wow. I'm just like almost the complete opposite of this.

I like my 6+, but I also like my 5. Particularly the edges on the 5 and the fact that it's Black/Slate.

I've owned my 6+ for about three months. Still hate the bands, still hate Space Gray. However, I don't use cases so it's better looking than it would be in a case. And there is more surface area to grab if the phone slips.

If I could have a 5 with the 6+ size and internals AND in black that would be great. Unfortunately, Apple does not agree with me.

P.S. My wife has the gold 6. She likes it. I don't care for the color.

CYKBC

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2014
Hate is such an abused, grade school level word.

I like the 6 design as well, but Apple build quality truly suffered here. Screen still clicks on some units. Camera crescent.

I'd love a 6 in a 5 size. Please keep it thin.

Trickhot3102

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2013
I love the look of the Space Gray, but I wish they would go back the the Space Gray they had on the 5s. It looked much better and was darker do differentiate it from the silver.

I'm glad other people noticed this too! Space gray has gotten a bit lighter from 2013 to 2014. I noticed it on my iPad Air 2 coming from a mini 2. I personally like the darker space gray, but it still looks good :) only thing I don't like about the lighter space gray is that in certain lighting, it looks almost as light as silver!

Reactions: Flow39

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
You like the antenna bands? Overall I find the design good but the antenna bands are anything but pretty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.