iPhone 6 display loose?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by teknikal90, Sep 26, 2014.

1. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

Anyone else noticing that the top left portion of your iPhone 6 screen is not totally secured into the case? Like if you press the screen down on the top left corner, there's a bit of a give that lets the screen depress a little bit into the aluminium case? It seems like that corner of the screen is like raised half a millimimetre compared to any of the other 3 corners.

I've seen it on two iPhones...wondering if I'm being reasonable to sort of want this fixed or if this is just post iPhone purchase ocd....

2. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

there's a thread on this already. seems several phones are having this issue. mine seems ok though it's in a case at the moment so i can't be 100% sure. will have to look more closely later.

3. Grmnracing macrumors regular

My phone is not doing what you described. Any pictures or videos of what you are experiencing?

4. darkonex macrumors member

Damnit guys quit posting this stuff! My iPhone 6 will be ready to pick up Wednesday and now when I get it I'll be checking if it's bent, yellow screen, loose home button, creaky/loose screen, interlace issues, dead pixels, gap between case/screen, noisy home button, crappy camera, crooked print on back, instead of enjoying my new phone! :(

5. wermy macrumors regular

6. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

gah. if i return it, theres a risk ill get ugly a defective or uneven screen. and or dead pixels. id hate that.

7. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

8. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If it bothers you, take it back and exchange it for one that doesn't.

9. joepark89 macrumors newbie

Mine is doing this..... It's actually the entire left side if you look closely.. Well then. Off to the apple store it is. This will be my 2nd replacement already. I got this one because my first one had dust under the screen.

10. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

I just decided im actually going to keep it
    i have apple care + so if it gets worse, i can always return it later.
    it doesnt impede any of my usage. its not bad enough that its affecting my taps or anything like that
    id rather this than a dead pixel.

11. Jason1978 macrumors regular

Mine has this too also on my iPhone 5s, I just checked it. :/ don't know if I'm taking it back this would be my third time

12. Prissy macrumors 6502

check my thread. I exchanged mine.

13. Angriff macrumors member

My 4S had this problem. In retrospect I probably ought to have exchanged it, but i didn't.

14. Jason1978 macrumors regular

Ok so exchanged at jump plus this time and don't have the loose side issues :) after all the returning and exchanging I'm finally happy

15. winterton macrumors newbie

I had the issue but exchanged it today. The new one is absolutely perfect.

16. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

The display on my iPhone 6 is perfect. No issues at all with it.

17. jdh10475 macrumors newbie

I exchanged one for this issue today got home and the new one has the same issue. Joy

18. Jason1978 macrumors regular

Keep exchanging like I did because after 4 tries I got one that doesn't do that. Make some movement. We pay too much for these phones to be unhappy with it in the slightest

19. jdh10475 macrumors newbie

The replacement that was given to me just came in a small box no accessories they said it was new did yours come that way? Also I noticed that when my phone is unlocked and I place my finger on the home button it makes a fast ticking sound like a watch but much faster any else notice this (place the phone close to your ear)? My 5s does not do this.

20. Jason1978 macrumors regular

No mine came in a sealed box and as for the Touch ID I didnt hear that as I did now. Like I said replace... We pay good money for these phones and we should be satisfied

----------

When I click on mine or put my finger to it, it just makes a click sound

21. jdh10475 macrumors newbie

So you do hear the clicking sound? Edit: from the touch ID.Thanks

22. Jason1978 macrumors regular

I hear one click and that's when I press on it

23. brianjsw macrumors member

iPhone 6 display loose?

I hear the fast ticking sound. But I guess Apple figured nobody would hold the phone to the ear while touching the TouchID button. Sounds like an unshielded circuit pathway. Probably a design flaw but again, nobody will notice this in normal use so should be a nonissue.

24. Jason1978 macrumors regular

I just put the phone up to my ear and didn't hear that. I think that if it bugs you, you should take it back

25. Angriff, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014

Angriff macrumors member

I heard the ticking noise thing when i put my ear up to the iPhone and put my finger on the TouchID sensor with it unlocked. Interesting. I doubt it's anything to be concerned about.

More interesting though was that I noticed that my speaker makes a faint hissing when the phone is locked and whenever the on-screen keyboard is displayed. Has anyone else noticed THIS?

edit: Just tested and my iPad does this as well. I guess it's normal iOS device behavior, just never noticed it before since i never stuck the bottom of the phone to my ear.