iPhone 6 Folio Case Discussion

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Glope, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Glope, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014

Glope macrumors member

Hi all

I was wondering which Folio cases you are going for?
    The reason being is because i'm totally stuck!

I finally found the perfect case for me:

http://www.jisoncase.com/product/Genuine-Cow-Leather-Folio-Standing-Case-For-iPhone-6.html

However I have never heard of the brand, the grammar across the website is a little off and I can't add to basket. Aside from the fact I live in the UK...

All I want in a case is something to protect the front and back. I hate screen protectors so a Folio is ideal for me.
    I don't mind if there is leather there or not, but I do love cases with a transparent element - when you open the flap, the hard case on either side of the phone is transparent ect.

This led me to find the x-doria cases:

http://shop.x-doria.com/products/engage-folio-for-iphone-6

My issue here is poor amazon reviews for x-doria iPhone 5/5s cases (cracking easily ect ect). I'm a student and my phone takes a little extra hammer than 'normal'. I did like this one as it has a slightly more elegant feel, almost 'feminine' rather than the norm-bulcky-man style :)

Can anyone help? I'm at the end of my tether here. Thankyou!

Edit:

This case-mate is nice though you can't see the edges. Does anybody have any feedback on the quality of their cases? Thanks

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Case-Mate-S...9219&sr=8-14&keywords=casemate+iPhone+6+folio

[​IMG]

2. Jazper macrumors 6502a

Case-Mate do make quite good cases, they also have a year warranty on all their cases and will replace them all you need to do is take a picture of the fault and email them it. Make sure you buy it directly from case-mate though as resellers might not have the same policies.

3. bigpika macrumors member

Im interested in these too. I normally try and get the tinniest and least bulky, but as I've ordered a 6 + not really much point now. And as the 6 + is so big, dropping it could be fatal so thinking of getting a folio case.

I would have loved if Apple had brought out a case that was like the iPad cases, would have been perfect imo.

4. sobucky macrumors 6502

5. maliu macrumors 6502a

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

It's so that you can still make phone calls whilst the case is closed.

7. sobucky macrumors 6502

You can quick check the time too without opening the cover.

8. maliu macrumors 6502a

I'll buy the time thing. The phone call thing would only require a tiny hole like the one I bought.

9. Mr.C macrumors 601

Sorry I thought you were referring to the case mate case. The other one looks like similar cases for the Samsung Galaxy phones I've seen people carry around where you can see the time.

10. Glope thread starter macrumors member

So, what are you guys going for?

I've decided I don't really mind if I can't see the edges, though it would be a bonus if I could.

I'm making 'slimness' a priority.
    I've also noticed how most cases have no magnetic clasp, or really anything to hold the flap down. Why?! :mad:

All the leather ones also seem too bulky.
    This is turning into a "right job"!

11. Glope, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014

Glope thread starter macrumors member

12. sobucky macrumors 6502

How can you buy it?

13. Lyn2012 macrumors 6502

I have a Jisoncase on my iPad Air and I'm very pleased with it. I'm also in the UK and these cases are usually available on Amazon, sometimes eBay as well.

14. Glope thread starter macrumors member

Thank you. It's a shame they don't come in other colours. I'll keep looking I think, I need to be 100% certain since I'm on a student budget :)

There is a 'shop' link to the left of the site, and underneath that is a list of retailers depending on where you are based.

I took the link down from my post since reading reviews of their iphone 5/5s cases on amazon - not very good! Scratching the colouring off the phone, and a lot of warping and shape changing.

Back to the drawing board!

15. sobucky macrumors 6502

Oh thanks for sharing .... It so hard to find a folio case that they actually cover the top and bottom on the phone ...

16. Glope thread starter macrumors member

I'm not too bothered about that part! I'm trying to find something slim, and VERY well hinged/magnet now

The card holding slots are a great idea! I never knew iphone cases had them :)

17. Glope thread starter macrumors member

18. Glope thread starter macrumors member

Me too, I love the second the most.
    There are no prices though.

I had linked to it earlier today but took it down a little later after reading reviews of Ozaki iphone 5/5cases on amazon.

They have pretty much put me off to be honest! People saying the inner casing scratching the silver/gold off their phone, and the case actually changed shape after a couple weeks.

19. kds786 macrumors regular

kds786

I bought the xdoria one, so I hope it's good. I'm only wanting it until vaja comes out with another flip for the 6 plus and/or I get a screen protector.

20. Chrsanthny5 macrumors regular

I bought both the x-doria and the spigen.
    I want wallet functionality with maintained sleekness:D

21. cbpelikan macrumors member

cbpelikan

22. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

This case (link below) was linked on another thread, I am thinking about using this (or something like it) and just stop carrying a wallet. Have any of you been able to replace your wallet completely with a case like this. If so, how has that worked out in everyday use. I do not make or receive many calls (maybe 2 or 3 a week) and i try to always have my bluetooth on so holding my "wallet" to my ear for a phone call should not come up. I also use the phone as my GPS in the van so I would need a car mount that could hold the folded open wallet case.

http://www.case-mate.com/iPhone-6-Plus-Cases/Case-Mate-iPhone-6-Plus-Wallet-Folio.asp#

23. Glope thread starter macrumors member

I can't comment about not using a wallet since I use a purse to hold all my cards, cash ect in :)
    I do use my phone as GPS occasionally too so am interested in cases that can hold back.

Personally I'd have to see a video with that one, just to see how well the front cover stays down. I know some Poetic cases have a strap but those things are darn ugly.

24. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

Are there any folio style cases for the iPhone 6 plus that doesn't have card slots? I want the stand and screen protection but I don't want the bulk of my cards.