iphone 6 gets hot

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 20, 2013
From Engadget "... the iPhone 6 got noticeably toastier than the Plus when playing games--in fact, I rarely had any problem with the Plus getting warm."

Glad I bought the Plus

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68030
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
From Engadget "... the iPhone 6 got noticeably toastier than the Plus when playing games--in fact, I rarely had any problem with the Plus getting warm."

Glad I bought the Plus
I'm curious to know what games they are playing on the phones. If I try to do anything really intensive on my 5s it gets warm, but not "hot". Could also be their review unit is defective in someway.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008

Glad I bought the Plus
Winter is coming, so it will keep my hands warm.

Glad I bought the 6 :)

accountforit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2014

Glad I bought the Plus
Glad I make money all day and use my phone for business. I guess the PLUS was designed for kids who play games.

Glad I bought the 6.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
and yet they still gave the iPhone 6 the higher score.

Engadget
iPhone 6: 90
iPhone 6 Plus: 87
Yeah but if the reviewer preferred a bigger phone they would've given the plus a higher score. They all stated they were biased towards the smaller phone.

Vihzel

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
OP must not think critically. The review doesn't state that the iPhone 6 gets hot. It states that it gets noticeably warmer than the iPhone 6 Plus because the 6 Plus has greater dissipation capabilities due to its larger surface area.

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
Yeah but if the reviewer preferred a bigger phone they would've given the plus a higher score. They all stated they were biased towards the smaller phone.
There's no real bias in that though. It's simply a subjective opinion in an otherwise subjective piece of article. A review will always cater to what the reviewer in mind feels about the product. The only thing they can't really "question" would be pure numbers in terms of benchmarks.

phobic99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
I really enjoy reading posts on how everyone has to 1-up each other based on which iPhone they purchased.

Never change Macrumors.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Glad I make money all day and use my phone for business. I guess the PLUS was designed for kids who play games.

Glad I bought the 6.
Overheating causes FASTER battery drain and doesn't apply to just playing games. LOL! Even many apps opened and downloading can cause overheat.

My HTC One M7 is nearly the same size as iPhone 6 gives me overheat just by playing 2D games like Candy Crush or PvZ2 after 20 minutes. It reaches 110+ degrees. I have to keep my Xiaomi Mi 3 in battery saving mode to play games to keep temperature down to 105 degrees. Ironic because High Performance mode vs Battery Saving, there is no effect on battery except OVERHEATING. I keep it high performance all the time unless I play games because I want it to perform faster.

OVERHEAT drains battery. More charge cycles. Faster battery degradation.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the iPhone 6 fanboys vs 6 Plus banter. Go argue among yourselves. I don't care for either, but I do think 6+ is "cooler" to own.

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
OP must not think critically. The review doesn't state that the iPhone 6 gets hot. It states that it gets noticeably warmer than the iPhone 6 Plus because the 6 Plus has greater dissipation capabilities due to its larger surface area.
Correct, but never underestimate the power of 'iphone 6 plus purchase justification reasons'

eoblaed

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2010
That's not good if true. When the phone gets hot the battery drains like crazy
Considering all the different review sites have been claiming pretty strong battery life, I doubt this is too much of an issue.