iPhone 6 haters (can't afford Plus argument)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chraos, Sep 16, 2014.

1. chraos macrumors member

Can't believe all the Apple on Apple bashing going on in here. I am repeatedly seeing 6 Plus buyers bashing "vanilla" 6 buyers by saying they are too poor to afford one, but maybe its the 6 Plus buyers who are poor because they can't afford to buy an iPad so they opt for the Plus to get a tablet-like experience.....riiight. See how dumb that logic is? I just don't get all this Apple on Apple hate. Shouldn't we be hating on Android?...And finally the "flagship" argument. I can't say I know too much about Samsung products but I would assume their flagship products this year are the S5 and the Note 4. Why can't the iPhone 6 and the 6 Plus both be flagship products?

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

It's turning into an Android forum.

3. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Honestly, we shouldnt be "hating" on anything, we're talking about phones....

Its all so silly, I swear, what happened to just enjoying things we all buy?

4. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

Homeboy neglectin' on mah 5c

5. MyiBill macrumors 6502

Well technically the Plus costs more than an iPad.:)

6. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

They are different sizes. One is bigger than a Note 4 and yet has a smaller screen, and the other is the same size as a Galaxy Alpha yet has a smaller screen. Both are underpowered RAM-wise and neither offers anything of any substance over the 5S other than screen real estate. People get the one they like the size of best, and I would wager that if the 4.7" was the more expensive of the two that the same people who ordered it now would order it then too. Only teenagers and those with brains the size of an amoeba will think that their 6+ is 'better' than the i6.

7. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

Why should we be hating on anything? See how dumb your logic is?

If you want to hate, don't discriminate. Hate everything equally.

8. Dreday24 macrumors regular

Gotta love people telling some one they are too poor to afford something when they are buying something subsidized vs those of us who are paying $900 out of pocket.

9. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

10. Fleon85 macrumors member

We shouldn't be hating anyone. It just a phone with a limited time life, that we are going to use for 1 year. We are not discussing here why is better to be a lawyer instead of a doctor. It is just a phone that someone is making a lot of money with it.
    You bought the 6 congrats!
    You bought the 6 plus congrats as well!

11. Azzin macrumors 68040

No.

12. cymolia macrumors 6502a

13. itjw macrumors 65816

Wait.

It's not?

:eek:

14. chraos thread starter macrumors member

Burn you Nazi pig!

----------

I should have added a cheesy smiley to emphasize that Android bit was more of a joke. I don't bash on Android users, I respect their choice... I agree, the idea of hating on other people's purchasing choices is juvenile.

15. Cableguy1973 macrumors newbie

I was going to get the plus but for the same price I get 64gb instead of 16gb it was a no brainer

16. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I don't get the point of these threads. Why is one phone the mortal enemy of the other? Do you really have nothing else to worry about?

17. iPhoney Baloney macrumors member

iPhoney Baloney

I'm not too poor to afford the 6+. I went back and forth for days trying to decide which one to get. I decided on the 6 Plus and even ordered a Spigen Kickstand case for it. Well, the case came yesterday and it made me finally decide which phone I want. The 6+ is friggin' huge. There is no way in my line of work that I could comfortably carry the 6+ in one of my pockets. I think the Plus is almost ridiculously over sized now after holding the case in my hands. I just pictured myself with this huge slab up against my face when making a call. I just had to laugh out loud at what a dick I will look like talking into it. Hey, I love a big screen and the added features but, I had to go with the smaller 6. Its just more practical as a phone.

18. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

The more threads you make the higher the flame count goes.

They're both great phones. All these threads are childish.

:apple:

19. Raftysworld macrumors 6502

Wow, that was insightful. Thanks for your incredible words of wisdom. :rolleyes:

20. Fleon85 macrumors member

$645+tax (cheaper iPhone) is one-two weeks of work of a middle class American. Someone that can afford an iPhone I don't think is "too poor"

21. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

This is the first I've heard of it. I just opted for the 6 Plus because I felt it was a better value. In addition to a larger screen for $100, it has longer battery life, higher resolution, and optical image stabilization.

In regards to the iPad comment, technically every iPhone 6 costs more than an iPad, since off-contract pricing starts at $649 and you also need to pay for cell service for it to function properly.

I just figured people who got the 6 didn't want a massive phone (sweet spot seems to be 4.7-5.0", up from 4.3" a few years ago).

22. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

I purchased the iPhone 6 because the Plus was simply too big to be practical for me and my lifestyle. I want to be able to take my phone on a run occasionally, use it with one hand with ease, and fit it into my skinny jeans. Those were my reasons for not going with the Plus. I wanted the screen size badly, and I could have afforded whatever I wanted, but I went with an iPhone 6 for practicality.

23. averlus macrumors regular

Who ****ing cares what anybody thinks about anyone else's purchase. Grow the **** up.

24. Ann P macrumors 68020

Buy the one you want and mind your own. So much unnecessary drama.

25. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Thank you! You made my evening.

----------

My word! such language!