iPhone 6 haters (can't afford Plus argument)

chraos

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Southeast
Can't believe all the Apple on Apple bashing going on in here. I am repeatedly seeing 6 Plus buyers bashing "vanilla" 6 buyers by saying they are too poor to afford one, but maybe its the 6 Plus buyers who are poor because they can't afford to buy an iPad so they opt for the Plus to get a tablet-like experience.....riiight. See how dumb that logic is? I just don't get all this Apple on Apple hate. Shouldn't we be hating on Android?...And finally the "flagship" argument. I can't say I know too much about Samsung products but I would assume their flagship products this year are the S5 and the Note 4. Why can't the iPhone 6 and the 6 Plus both be flagship products?

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
Can't believe all the Apple on Apple bashing going on in here. I am repeatedly seeing 6 Plus buyers bashing "vanilla" 6 buyers by saying they are too poor to afford one, but maybe its the 6 Plus buyers who are poor because they can't afford to buy an iPad so they opt for the Plus to get a tablet-like experience.....riiight. See how dumb that logic is? I just don't get all this Apple on Apple hate. Shouldn't we be hating on Android?...And finally the "flagship" argument. I can't say I know too much about Samsung products but I would assume their flagship products this year are the S5 and the Note 4. Why can't the iPhone 6 and the 6 Plus both be flagship products?
It's turning into an Android forum.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
Honestly, we shouldnt be "hating" on anything, we're talking about phones....

Its all so silly, I swear, what happened to just enjoying things we all buy?

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
They are different sizes. One is bigger than a Note 4 and yet has a smaller screen, and the other is the same size as a Galaxy Alpha yet has a smaller screen. Both are underpowered RAM-wise and neither offers anything of any substance over the 5S other than screen real estate. People get the one they like the size of best, and I would wager that if the 4.7" was the more expensive of the two that the same people who ordered it now would order it then too. Only teenagers and those with brains the size of an amoeba will think that their 6+ is 'better' than the i6.

IllIllIll

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2011
See how dumb that logic is? I just don't get all this Apple on Apple hate. Shouldn't we be hating on Android?
Why should we be hating on anything? See how dumb your logic is?

If you want to hate, don't discriminate. Hate everything equally.

Dreday24

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2012
Gotta love people telling some one they are too poor to afford something when they are buying something subsidized vs those of us who are paying $900 out of pocket.

Fleon85

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2011
New York
We shouldn't be hating anyone. It just a phone with a limited time life, that we are going to use for 1 year. We are not discussing here why is better to be a lawyer instead of a doctor. It is just a phone that someone is making a lot of money with it.
You bought the 6 congrats!
You bought the 6 plus congrats as well!

chraos

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Southeast
Why should we be hating on anything? See how dumb your logic is?

If you want to hate, don't discriminate. Hate everything equally.
Burn you Nazi pig!

----------

We shouldn't be hating anyone. It just a phone with a limited time life, that we are going to use for 1 year. We are not discussing here why is better to be a lawyer instead of a doctor. It is just a phone that someone is making a lot of money with it.
You bought the 6 congrats!
You bought the 6 plus congrats as well!
I should have added a cheesy smiley to emphasize that Android bit was more of a joke. I don't bash on Android users, I respect their choice... I agree, the idea of hating on other people's purchasing choices is juvenile.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I don't get the point of these threads. Why is one phone the mortal enemy of the other? Do you really have nothing else to worry about?

iPhoney Baloney

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
I'm not too poor to afford the 6+. I went back and forth for days trying to decide which one to get. I decided on the 6 Plus and even ordered a Spigen Kickstand case for it. Well, the case came yesterday and it made me finally decide which phone I want. The 6+ is friggin' huge. There is no way in my line of work that I could comfortably carry the 6+ in one of my pockets. I think the Plus is almost ridiculously over sized now after holding the case in my hands. I just pictured myself with this huge slab up against my face when making a call. I just had to laugh out loud at what a dick I will look like talking into it. Hey, I love a big screen and the added features but, I had to go with the smaller 6. Its just more practical as a phone.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
The more threads you make the higher the flame count goes.

They're both great phones. All these threads are childish.

:apple:

Fleon85

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2011
New York
$645+tax (cheaper iPhone) is one-two weeks of work of a middle class American. Someone that can afford an iPhone I don't think is "too poor"

myscrnnm

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
This is the first I've heard of it. I just opted for the 6 Plus because I felt it was a better value. In addition to a larger screen for $100, it has longer battery life, higher resolution, and optical image stabilization.

In regards to the iPad comment, technically every iPhone 6 costs more than an iPad, since off-contract pricing starts at $649 and you also need to pay for cell service for it to function properly.

I just figured people who got the 6 didn't want a massive phone (sweet spot seems to be 4.7-5.0", up from 4.3" a few years ago).

xanadeath

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
California
I purchased the iPhone 6 because the Plus was simply too big to be practical for me and my lifestyle. I want to be able to take my phone on a run occasionally, use it with one hand with ease, and fit it into my skinny jeans. Those were my reasons for not going with the Plus. I wanted the screen size badly, and I could have afforded whatever I wanted, but I went with an iPhone 6 for practicality.

averlus

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2013
Who ****ing cares what anybody thinks about anyone else's purchase. Grow the **** up.