iPhone 6 is the perfect size

acctman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
I held both the iPhone 6 and Plus prior to purchase (I was the first in line)... and wow the Plus was just too big for my taste. i'm loving the iPhone 6

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I held both the iPhone 6 and Plus prior to purchase (I was the first in line)... and wow the Plus was just too big for my taste. i'm loving the iPhone 6
Happy to hear it :). I pre-ordered the 6+, so I look forward to seeing how much I like the size. My case came in a few days ago so I was able to see that it fits perfectly in my pocket which was my biggest fear. For what I do though, I feel the real estate of the 6+ will be beneficial for me.

acctman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
Happy to hear it :). I pre-ordered the 6+, so I look forward to seeing how much I like the size. My case came in a few days ago so I was able to see that it fits perfectly in my pocket which was my biggest fear. For what I do though, I feel the real estate of the 6+ will be beneficial for me.
when is your 6+ going to arrive, also what color did you select?

iScone

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Totally agree with the OP. The 6 is really the optimum size for anybody who enjoys the convenience of one-handed use.

Do I have screen envy? Sure, but I'd take my 6 over the 6+ any day of the week. It really is a perfect fit in the hand, and for my thumb span.

I'll pop to a store to test the Plus but I think anything bigger than the 6 would be a struggle unless I want to use it with two hands, which is inconvenient and awkward to use.

My Name is URL

Suspended
Nov 18, 2013
UK
For me, the iPhone 6 is perfect for my needs. For others it will not be and they will love the 6+ but I don't need a thread to validate my purchase :p

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2009
Can you please elaborate? Too small or too big for you? Because I've read some people here think the 6 is too big.
Too small, and that's why calling anything "perfect" across the board is silly.

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I hope everyone on MacRumors posts a new thread sharing their individual perceptions of the size of their phone, and whether or not it's perfect for them. Because I have to know!

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I am loving the six... But part if me wishes I had a 6 plus. I just think I won't be able to use it one handed. The six is just perfect that way and I keep my phone in my pocket and it is great that way. Ugh! Decisions!!

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
I am loving the six... But part if me wishes I had a 6 plus. I just think I won't be able to use it one handed. The six is just perfect that way and I keep my phone in my pocket and it is great that way. Ugh! Decisions!!
The 6 plus looks really good next to the 6. Its weird how if you stand at a distance, it looks like the 6 plus isn't really that big compared to the 6. The closer you get however, the bigger you realize it actually is.

The one handed usability factor helped made it an easy decision for me.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
I feel as my iPhone 6 is the perfect size for ME. glad I made this choice.

bchreng

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
The 6 plus looks really good next to the 6. Its weird how if you stand at a distance, it looks like the 6 plus isn't really that big compared to the 6. The closer you get however, the bigger you realize it actually is.

The one handed usability factor helped made it an easy decision for me.
The OIS is keeping me torn between the two. If the smaller 6 had it, it'd be a no brainer for me. Now I have to weigh portability vs OIS vs waiting till next year.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
All these "perfect size" threads are stupid. Each person has his or her own perfect size. Enough already.

:apple:

1ONE

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2014
I'm just glad there is an option of sizes now and not just one unit.

I feel like, for me, right now in 2014 and for the foreseeable future... 4.7 inch is the 'sweet spot'.

cathyy

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2008
All these "perfect size" threads are stupid. Each person has his or her own perfect size. Enough already.

:apple:
That's funny. When Stevie was alive, I think >90% of the people here agreed with him that there was one perfect size for everyone.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
The OIS is keeping me torn between the two. If the smaller 6 had it, it'd be a no brainer for me. Now I have to weigh portability vs OIS vs waiting till next year.
That was actually the biggest factor for me too.... until I saw this review (scroll down to see comparison photos taken with both the 6 and the 6+ in low light conditions):

http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/17/life-is-tough/

and used both phones at the Apple store for picture taking. The image quality is practically indistinguishable, even in low light. The electronic OIS is not bad at all.

----------

I'm just glad there is an option of sizes now and not just one unit.

I feel like, for me, right now in 2014 and for the foreseeable future... 4.7 inch is the 'sweet spot'.
I think 5.0 inches is, as long as it is in the 4.7 chassis with less bezel. :)

bchreng

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
That was actually the biggest factor for me too.... until I saw this review (scroll down to see comparison photos taken with both the 6 and the 6+ in low light conditions):

http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/17/life-is-tough/

and used both phones at the Apple store for picture taking. The image quality is practically indistinguishable, even in low light. The electronic OIS is not bad at all.

----------

I think 5.0 inches is, as long as it is in the 4.7 chassis with less bezel. :)
This is nitpicky, but the photo from the 6 on that site has more noise in the ground and sky than the one from the 6 Plus. The windows on that Tower are also clearer on the 6 Plus. The camera on the 6 isn't bad at all, but it seems like the OIS makes it that much better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.