iPhone 6 Lines and the Chinese Mafia

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Samar7, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Samar7 macrumors member

2. Ezra923 macrumors regular

Thats no way of speaking to them. I live on that street and saw americans sleeping there for days also, have they heard of soap?

3. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

They really need to use a reservation only system next year.

4. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

Wow, unbelievable. You know damn well 89 years old grandma don't need 2 iPhones. But got to give it to them, old Chinese still knows how to hustle.

5. Ezra923 macrumors regular

If all these ppl knew how to reserve we will never have a chance. Lol

6. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

damn shame. it was obvious on every major city's "waiting in line" photos for the iPhone at the apple store. can't do much when there's a demand for them everywhere.

7. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

Wow!!! That video is insane!!! How much do you think they make on the hand off? Clearly they have to buy them without contract.

That video is just nuts!!! Its like Apple produces legal drugs for Chinese techies and these peopke export them back to China for consumption!

Crazy.

8. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I wonder if the iPhone 6 and 6+ will be on any chinese menu, in Chinatown, for a limited offer. It'll be under the Side Dishes category.

9. illutionz macrumors 65816

This happened around the world. My friend in Paris said there were a bunch of Russians asking to buy their new iPhone because they would bring it back to Russia to resell.

Another friend in Japan also told me that the lines there were dominated by these scalpers/professional line sitters buying the phone to bring back to China

10. icowboys macrumors newbie

Apple loves those lineups. And the media coverage that goes with it.

11. meechy macrumors 6502

Do they ship them to China and sell them there? There must be huge profit margins if all this is going on.

12. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Yup.

Boston was just as bad. The non-pre order line was basically Chinese. Everyone else were in the pre-order line

13. Tachion macrumors member

This happened (to a lesser extent) in the line I waited for... in King of Prussia, PA (a rather small suburb of Philadelphia approximately 2 hours from NYC).

When I got in line at midnight, there were about 50 obvious Chinese scalpers. It really pissed off everyone else in line and the entire night, the scalpers were quite loud and obnoxious, and cars/vans with more of them kept showing up and cutting in line with their fellow scalpers.

Hopefully Apple will do something to curtail this in the future. It was really pretty awful.

14. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Thank you for posting this. This video is invaluable. It proves several things:

1. Overpopulation is rampant and disgusting.

2. It's not "racist" to speak about Asian iPhone scalpers. It is pure fact.

3. Welcome to the ghost of Christmas present and future.

15. Samar7 thread starter macrumors member

Next year, Apple should implement a system whereby you have to place a reservation with your Apple ID in order to secure an iPhone on launch day. This will surely stop a lot of scalpers?

16. pubmix macrumors newbie

I could never imagine going to a country and not speaking a single word of the dialect.

17. rockitdog macrumors 68020

18. westcoastcyc macrumors regular

My friend in Cambodia said the iPhone 6/6s were selling between $1,800 and $2,000 there.

19. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

I saw some Jews too.

BJ

20. rockitdog macrumors 68020

And that cops are just dicks sometimes for no reason at all!

21. GoSh4rks macrumors 6502

1 usd = 7.8 hkd
    I don't know what the second column is for but you get the idea. These are PURCHASE (ie how much *you* get) prices, not how much the dealer will sell them for.

Attached Files:

22. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

The police were honest. Some of those people haven't showered in days, it is beyond disgusting. Does the truth hurt you?

23. WilliamG macrumors G3

24. AverageBob macrumors member

25. AdonisSMU, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014

AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Not everyone is scalping. The chinese government needs to approve the iPhones. They need to go reservation only for new iPhone purchases for the first few weeks of a new release so people arent displacing other surrounding businesses. At w14 you had the scalper line and the other people line. People were literally sleeping in garbage for days and blocking patrons from entering surrounding businesses.