Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone 6 or 6 Plus?

• iPhone 6

Votes: 55 47.0%
  • iPhone 6 Plus

Votes: 61 52.1%

• Total voters

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I got the 6 Plus because, bigger screen, I like the landscape feature, better battery life.

Danform

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2013
How will app optimisation work? Do you think it will work well, or will there be lots of blurry apps on the 6+?

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
I want the iPhone 6 Minus with the 2.5" screen and 32MB storage.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I got the 6 because it fits my needs better. However, the 6+ is a beautiful device as well. I am not part of the "mine is better than yours" group. I think they are both really cool and bought the one that fits my needs.

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
I got the 6 Plus. Original reasons for doing so were for the larger, higher-res display for web browsing, larger battery because the one in my 4S sucks, and OIS because I love photography (and you know what Chase Jarvis says about cameras).

Since getting it, I've found that it delivers on all counts. For apps that haven't been 6 Plus-optimized yet, I'm also able to view them farther away from my eyes, which reduces eye strain.

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
I got the 6 Plus. Original reasons for doing so were for the larger, higher-res display for web browsing, larger battery because the one in my 4S sucks, and OIS because I love photography (and you know what Chase Jarvis says about cameras).

Since getting it, I've found that it delivers on all counts. For apps that haven't been 6 Plus-optimized yet, I'm also able to view them farther away from my eyes, which reduces eye strain.

You can also use zoomed mode under Settings > Display & Brightness to make everything a bit bigger so your eyes can relax more.
Concerning the 6 vs Plus debate, people who say "I win cause mine ...." kinda have a sucky attitude imho! It's not about which is better, it's about which is better FOR YOU and I personally prefer the bigger screen, OIS, battery life and landscape split screen. But I definitely get why people would want to have a more portable phone and like the smaller screen plus the thinner and lighter device. It's still a size upgrade from the 5s. Though I am not and I won't be one of those people I still accept their opinion. Other than people (not like Vladislav, that was a misunderstanding) who feel the need to pose as better than the other group. I could say "bigger screen hahah" but I wouldn't, cause it comes down to personal preference.

Last edited:

Vladislav

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
You can also use zoomed mode under Settings > Display & Brightness to make everything a bit bigger so your eyes can relax more.
Concerning the 6 vs Plus debate, people who say "I win cause mine ...." kinda have a sucky attitude imho! It's not about which is better, it's about which is better FOR YOU and I personally prefer the bigger screen, OIS, battery life and landscape split screen. But I definitely get why people would want to have a more portable phone and like the smaller screen plus the thinner and lighter device. It's still a size upgrade from the 5s. Though I am not and I won't be one of those people I still accept their opinion. Other than people like Vladisav who feel the need to pose as better than the other group. I could say "bigger screen hahah" but I wouldn't, cause it comes down to personal preference.

Hey i didnt mean that way :) I said =WIN, and i should of added "for me" :)

Surf Monkey

macrumors 68030
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
6 Plus. Bigger. Better battery. OIS in the camera. New landscape capable apps on the way. For my purposes it was the logical choice. It'll replace my iPad when I travel.

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2014
UK
To me the only area where the six plus is too big is to wear it as my running armband. Everything else it is absolutely fine and brilliant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.