iPhone 6 (painful 10 days)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Old geek 959, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Old geek 959 thread starter macrumors regular

Old geek 959

Because some people say it is impossible for Apple to make a bad one. see other comments hhhhh. look sir or Ma'am am not here to open discussions about the industry am here to tell you that even the best phone is sometime crap.
    YES I SAY IT RIGHT IPHONE IS CRAP SOMETIMES :)

2. timshundo macrumors regular

3. modernaccord macrumors 6502a

I don't deny that other phones aren't good. I had an HTC Touch diamond, Moto Q, Palm Treo 850, HTC Touch, etc.. in the past. All fantastic phones - but, the quality control simply isn't there. I don't tell people to buy Apple because I buy Apple - in the past 2 years, 15 of my close friends switched to Android because they got "bored" of iOS. 6 months to 2 years later they're back with iPhones because too many annoying things happened on their Android phones.

It sounds like you want an Android - go for it - but my money is that your next phone will be an iPhone 7 or 7S.

4. Old geek 959 thread starter macrumors regular

Old geek 959

Oh good here we go again. sir am just in love with Apple as much as you do. but sometimes they do make mistakes. and sometimes the others do make a good devices :) end it here

5. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Not many people are saying that every Apple phone is perfect. I'm sure not. Look at the problems people are posting in here about the latest and greatest phone to come out of the Apple plants.

But Apple is good about fixing their problems. People can return their phones because "the screen is too yellow" or "there's a miniscule dark spot that you can see if I squeeze the phone just right and then circle it". Good luck with most Android phones on that...

C

6. Old geek 959 thread starter macrumors regular

Old geek 959

If I wanted an Android I'll buy one :) And If my iPhone is crappy i'll say that too. am not loyal to any company am loyal to my daily use and my coins.

7. modernaccord macrumors 6502a

Well put - now go get the phone you want - all this doesn't matter anyway. :)

8. aristobrat macrumors G5

In accordance with the forum rules for debating (section below), I'm asking you to back that fact up by providing specific quotes.

9. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

I agree. Buy what makes you happy. But perhaps look at buying from a local reputable company, as I said many posts ago. It will likely decrease your odds of another bad experience.

C

10. Old geek 959 thread starter macrumors regular

Old geek 959

Yeah SUE ME ! hhhhhhh

11. cmichaelb, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015

cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

I don't disagree, but to have all those issues with a supposedly 'new' device is not common. Plus it was in an unsealed box. Someone dropped a lemon in there and took off with the good one.

-The box was unsealed.
    -The battery was dead (I've gotten refurbs from Apple before as replacements and they all had a battery with some charge).
    -One problem maybe, but all the evidence points to something else.

[​IMG]

12. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502a

SisterBlue22

The OP has claimed several times that the box was factory sealed when he received it.

13. karmamule macrumors 6502a

karmamule

What country are you in that someone who sold you a defective product doesn't have to take it back within the first few days of having sold it to you?!? I have never heard of a place that doesn't have at least SOME level of basic consumer protection like that.

14. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Oops I missed that. Just read it. Thanks. I'm not sure what's different about 'Apple sealed'- its cellophane.

I still stand by my conclusion.

15. brand macrumors 601

brand

Unless you bought the phone directly from Foxconn and picked it up directly from the factory it was not from Foxconn hands to yours.

16. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

When an OP proposes a problem, and at every turn of the corner, probable solution, they present you with a road block. I am out of the country. I am going to get an Android phone, because iPhone is no good. A person who knows and enjoys Apple products, does not simply give up on a bad unit. They don't give up, first sight of error, and their solution is to go Android.

Battery dead
    Slow download
    Static audio
    Ghost touch

Only logical thing to explain this, is the logic board. But I would think it would completely stop functioning by now. However the story is changing, isn't it?

This is troll behavior. They aren't here to seek answers, but instead, stir the pot.

mho.

What's up with WhatsApp? We know it's hacked software anyway.

17. unixphone macrumors regular

All i can say is OP iPhone is not normal Apple quality.

It is hard to believe a person did so much research prior purchase but didnt look into return or repair policy. If OP really being that unlucky, he should do more charity....

18. Max(IT), Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015

Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

You have got a lemon, mate.
    For start, any iPhone are about 50-60% charged when brand new and sealed. Anything below that level of charge means an used/refurbished/defective device and should be returned immediately

The lesson is: don't buy an iPhone in a country not directly supported by Apple...
    Btw here in Italy, even Premium resellers follow Apple support policy

19. Max(IT), Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015

Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Not even close...

Ok... After this post I understand the reason of your thread... Trolling

20. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

No, not sued ... Just reported for trolling

21. hutrebug macrumors regular

Let's see, you probably bought a refurbished model. Technically still 'brand new'. ;)

It was probably a defective phone which its previous owner had replaced. One year on, someone came along and wanted to buy last year's iPhone. With the factories in China now full speed ahead in churning out the 6S phones, where do you think the iPhone 6 came from? :D

No hard feelings, just raw capitalism. :cool:

22. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Out of interest, what country are you in that doesn't have any consumer protection legislation that would protect you from receiving a brand new faulty product that you can't return for refund or repair?

23. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Since the battery was at 0% charge, I even doubt it was new (if this story is true).
    No one manufacturer is so stupid to sell a lithium battery at 0%. The battery is ruined forever.

24. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Good point, I don't think I've ever seen a new lithium battery with 0% in before.

@Old geek 959

Please tell us, what country is this?

25. rantor49 macrumors 6502

Cool story bro.