iPhone 6 Plus Buyers: When Are You Lining Up?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anti.Hero, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Anti.Hero macrumors member

Anti.Hero

Time you will be lining up?
    Shop?: Apple, AT&T, etc.
    Model?: Color (Grey, Silver, Gold)? Memory (16GB, 64GB, 128GB)?
    Carrier?: AT&T, TMobile, etc.

I'm curious, anyone else worried about very limited availability for the Plus?

2. syclick macrumors regular

I plan on camping out for the 6 Plus, and I'm very concerned about availability. I'll be getting to the local mall around 9PM, but having done this two years ago, I'm sure that there will already be a decent amount of people camping out in their cars by then (mall won't let us line up until around 4-6AM).

Two years ago, availability for the 5 32GB wasn't an issue, but I have a feeling things will be different this time around with the Plus. I don't want to camp out overnight to be told the next morning that I'm out of luck.

3. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

I think there is a line to even start a thread on lining up now. Please search. There are multiple threads on this topic.

4. mellofello macrumors 65816

You guys are nuts. FedEx will have probably dropped mine off by the time you get yours. Why bother camping?

5. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Verizon store.. Probably like 3am. They open at 8.

6. 2IS macrumors 68030

I'm sitting my ass at home and waiting for fedex to deliver. Once I get it, i'll go to the Apple store and check out the lines.

7. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Maybe because we got screwed by the pre-order system? :p I was up most the night trying to pre-order but couldn't get the app to go through until 2:30 PST. Sitting on MR reading all the success stories while my iPhone and iPad apps said "unavailable" was a very frustrating experience to say the least, hahah.

8. Shabbis macrumors regular

I will be "lining up" sometime in November when the dust settles.

9. rwkleinjr macrumors regular

Probably around 3:30-4AM.

Call various carrier stores on Thursday night and see if they can tell you how much stock they'll have in the morning. Drive a little further to go to a store that's around less populated areas.

10. robostig macrumors member

I know it's crazy to "camp" but I pre ordered and got my order in before 2:20 am PST on apple.com for a TMO phone. Still i got bumped to october 1-6. My order has NO sign of activity, so either I get in line or wait til October. TMO customers were screwed since we couldn't even order off the app.

Shop?: Apple,
    Model?: Color (Grey, Memory 128GB)
    Carrier?: TMobile,
    Time?: Probably midnight, or 1am

11. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

We wait. In a month or so the phones will be in all the stores available for pickup at my leisure. By then I will have read all the threads about scuff gate or whatever other issues people have and be able to make a more intelligent decision seeing what real world experience is.

12. nathanalf macrumors regular

nathanalf

Still trying to decide when I should actually show up... Probably going to just try and stay up through the night and do some drive bys throughout the night...

Verizon store
    6 Plus / Space Grey / 64 GB
    Verizon (obviously, haha):D

13. griffinmeyer macrumors member

I'm looking for a 128GB Space Gray 6+, so I'm gonna camp out at my Verizon store (if I call and they say they have any in their inventory) the day before around 4 PM and spend the night there. I live in a medium sized wealthy Southern California town, if it makes any difference

14. KieranDotW macrumors 6502a

Apple Store around midnight. Worried that might be too late, thoughts?

15. psymac macrumors 6502

Last year I was there about 11:30pm, and was 40th in line. This year I don't know, maybe about 9pm.

16. nathanalf macrumors regular

nathanalf

Apple Store or at a carrier's store?

17. psymac macrumors 6502

Apple Store, just don't trust carrier store to have enough stock.

18. Gooberton macrumors 65816

I'm more curious where were you people at 12am pacific time on Tuesday? Did you read a yahoo article how great the plus is and now you want it? Was your baby being born when preorders started? Serious question, if you guys are wiling to line up the night before why not willing to wake up in the middle of the night to pre order the elusive PLUS?

19. rwkleinjr macrumors regular

I'm also curious as to the alternate universe you're living in where preordering went smoothly for everyone? Because from what I can gather, many people (myself included) were bombarded with constant errors and blank pages when the preorders started which didn't go away until the shipping dates were pushed back quite a bit.

20. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Why so early? I've done 5-6AM. Can't imagine staying there longer than that.

21. nathanalf macrumors regular

nathanalf

I was actually awake trying over and over to order a 6 Plus. Verizon's site was just a freaking crap-show. Slow loading, errors loading pages, and then for the cherry on top anytime I got to the point where I could actually order the phone it would throw up an "error retrieving ECDP from account" (which apparently was because of the corporate discount on our account, and a lot of people were getting it...)

It seemed to be fixed by 8/9AM that morning, but the shipping dates were already in late October/early November. Decided it'd be easier and faster to just show up at the store and hope for the best.

A lot of people are acting like it's dumb to wait at the store. For some people, it's fun. For others, it was necessary this time around. I would have preferred to pre order online, but it just didn't work out.

22. RyanG macrumors 6502

23. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I was up on pre-order night but couldn't get an order through until 12:45am. By then, shipping dates had slipped, but pick-up in-store was available for 9/19.

Couldn't even get the 64gb 6 Plus that I wanted -- it was completely unavailable, so I went for the 128gb Plus.

I have no idea what time I need to line up for the pre-order line, either -- here's hoping they *have* a pre-order pick-up line. I was guessing I'd get to the mall around 7am and see what's going on.

24. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

I have the iphone 6 being delivered to my house on the 19th. I am in the october 1-6th for the plus. The plan is to try out the 6 for roughly 10 days, and then when I get the six compare the two. Keep the one I want and return the other.

I am pretty sure I will end up keeping the 6 plus.

As such...I will most likely call up the near by apple store, as well as the tmobile store, and see what there stock is like (assuming my order of the 6 plus hasn't moved past processing). If they have any available, I probably go buy one, since I am impatient.

I won't be lining up. The 3am debacle on preorder day was bad enough.