iPhone 6 Plus in pocket

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Milese3, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Milese3 macrumors 6502

Hi, I received my iPhone 6 Plus yesterday! It's amazing! However, ever since the BendGate controversy, I have been reluctant to put the phono in my trouser pocket as I am worried my phone may bend. Can some who has had experience with the 6+ in their pocket inform me of some of the implications it has had/not had on your device.

Thanks in advance, Miles.

2. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

I've had it in my front pocket since day one. Screen facing the body. No issues of bending.

3. Milese3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, thanks. I guess it should be okay, as long as the screen is facing my leg.

4. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

But be careful when you sit down or drive

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

As long as you don't put it on your back pocket, you should be fine.

6. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

I put it in my front pocket with screen facing away from me... No bending.

7. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Bending will be the least of your problems if you use the back pocket. Pickpockets favourite location.

8. chance675 macrumors newbie

Agreed, even in jeans riding my motorcycle the past few days it hasn't had any issues. Obviously it is noticeable that it is there but doesn't seem like there is too much pressure on it at all.

9. wxman2003 Suspended

Simple for me. If I have it in my front pants pocket, I always take it out before I sit down, and place it on table on put it in my shirt pocket.

10. andrewduff415 macrumors member

Im honestly not even thinking about my phone bending. Only 9 phones out of 10,000,000 phones have reported a bend in the frame. thats 0.0000009% of phones released so far.

Additionally I just helped a buddy unload a ton of DJ equipment last night for an event, and placed a lot of force on the phone while it was in my pocket (I do have a case on it though), and no bending.

You shouldn't worry about a thing.

11. Mr.C macrumors 601

I've had mine in my front pocket when out and about or at work quite a bit over the last week with the display side facing out and have had no issues. I do have a Spigen Ultra Hybrid case on it.

12. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

Echoing what others have said here but I also have been putting my 6plus in my front jeans pocket without a problem. I Also out it in my front shirt pocket. Lot of times, some shirt pockets are deeper than others but no problem with keeping it in any of them.

exercise caution when sitting/bending and just use common sense. If it feels like you are putting a lot of pressure on the phone put it somewhere else.

13. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

14. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

As long as you do not sit on it you should be good.

15. Tgrey macrumors regular

I don't think you are comfortable sitting with 6 plus in tight jeans, why do that? Loose pants are fine

16. thecurryman macrumors 6502

I know people say not to sit on it, but what if you wear scrubs often that only have the one back pocket? That basically forces you to sit on your phone doesn't it?

17. TJone macrumors 6502a

Why not put in your scrubs shirt pocket then? Just wondering

18. thecurryman macrumors 6502

oh it becomes too easy to fall out (large portion of the phone sticks out)

Im just trying to show that even though everyone keeps saying to just not sit on it or don't use the back pocket, sometimes there are specific types of clothing where that is unavoidable

19. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

Slim jeans are fine. I've tried it. It also depends on how deep the pockets are.

20. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

This. Works fine with no issues.

21. TJone macrumors 6502a

Good point. I exchanged mine because it was just too impractical for carrying and on handed use and got the 6. I tend to keep mine in my lab coat anyways but that does not work when you just have scrubs on. The screen on and battery on the + are epic thought.

22. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Unless someone is going to be forcibly bending your phone or you sit on your phone in your back pocket, you wont have any issues at all

23. sskhaliq macrumors newbie

Seems pretty easy to bend in my opinion.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=znK652H6yQM

24. jaypr macrumors member

I've had mine in my front pocket too with a casemate tough case on it. In fact I've sat down for hours with it in my pocket and when I drive and have no issues with bending yet.

The only issue I have with it in my front pocket is that is fairly uncomfortable to walk around with it in your pocket. Just the weight and size(possibly not helped with the attached case). So much so that I'm considering swopping it for a 6.

25. ray737 macrumors 6502

I have had the 6 plus for a few days now carrying it in my front jeans pocket as well as work suit pants no problems whatsoever. Awesome phone!!!