iPhone 6 Plus in pocket

Milese3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2014
Southampton - United Kingdom
Hi, I received my iPhone 6 Plus yesterday! It's amazing! However, ever since the BendGate controversy, I have been reluctant to put the phono in my trouser pocket as I am worried my phone may bend. Can some who has had experience with the 6+ in their pocket inform me of some of the implications it has had/not had on your device.

Thanks in advance, Miles.

kinster

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Hi, I received my iPhone 6 Plus yesterday! It's amazing! However, ever since the BendGate controversy, I have been reluctant to put the phono in my trouser pocket as I am worried my phone may bend. Can some who has had experience with the 6+ in their pocket inform me of some of the implications it has had/not had on your device.

I've had it in my front pocket since day one. Screen facing the body. No issues of bending.

chance675

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2014
Agreed, even in jeans riding my motorcycle the past few days it hasn't had any issues. Obviously it is noticeable that it is there but doesn't seem like there is too much pressure on it at all.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Simple for me. If I have it in my front pants pocket, I always take it out before I sit down, and place it on table on put it in my shirt pocket.

andrewduff415

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Im honestly not even thinking about my phone bending. Only 9 phones out of 10,000,000 phones have reported a bend in the frame. thats 0.0000009% of phones released so far.

Additionally I just helped a buddy unload a ton of DJ equipment last night for an event, and placed a lot of force on the phone while it was in my pocket (I do have a case on it though), and no bending.

You shouldn't worry about a thing.

Mr.C

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I've had mine in my front pocket when out and about or at work quite a bit over the last week with the display side facing out and have had no issues. I do have a Spigen Ultra Hybrid case on it.

McPc

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
CA
Echoing what others have said here but I also have been putting my 6plus in my front jeans pocket without a problem. I Also out it in my front shirt pocket. Lot of times, some shirt pockets are deeper than others but no problem with keeping it in any of them.

exercise caution when sitting/bending and just use common sense. If it feels like you are putting a lot of pressure on the phone put it somewhere else.

Tgrey

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2013

I don't think you are comfortable sitting with 6 plus in tight jeans, why do that? Loose pants are fine

thecurryman

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2012
I know people say not to sit on it, but what if you wear scrubs often that only have the one back pocket? That basically forces you to sit on your phone doesn't it?

TJone

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
I know people say not to sit on it, but what if you wear scrubs often that only have the one back pocket? That basically forces you to sit on your phone doesn't it?

Why not put in your scrubs shirt pocket then? Just wondering

thecurryman

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2012
Why not put in your scrubs shirt pocket then? Just wondering
oh it becomes too easy to fall out (large portion of the phone sticks out)

Im just trying to show that even though everyone keeps saying to just not sit on it or don't use the back pocket, sometimes there are specific types of clothing where that is unavoidable

TJone

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
oh it becomes too easy to fall out (large portion of the phone sticks out)

Im just trying to show that even though everyone keeps saying to just not sit on it or don't use the back pocket, sometimes there are specific types of clothing where that is unavoidable
Good point. I exchanged mine because it was just too impractical for carrying and on handed use and got the 6. I tend to keep mine in my lab coat anyways but that does not work when you just have scrubs on. The screen on and battery on the + are epic thought.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012

Unless someone is going to be forcibly bending your phone or you sit on your phone in your back pocket, you wont have any issues at all

sskhaliq

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2014
Im honestly not even thinking about my phone bending. Only 9 phones out of 10,000,000 phones have reported a bend in the frame. thats 0.0000009% of phones released so far.

Additionally I just helped a buddy unload a ton of DJ equipment last night for an event, and placed a lot of force on the phone while it was in my pocket (I do have a case on it though), and no bending.

You shouldn't worry about a thing.
Seems pretty easy to bend in my opinion.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=znK652H6yQM

jaypr

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2013
I've had mine in my front pocket too with a casemate tough case on it. In fact I've sat down for hours with it in my pocket and when I drive and have no issues with bending yet.

The only issue I have with it in my front pocket is that is fairly uncomfortable to walk around with it in your pocket. Just the weight and size(possibly not helped with the attached case). So much so that I'm considering swopping it for a 6.

ray737

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
I have had the 6 plus for a few days now carrying it in my front jeans pocket as well as work suit pants no problems whatsoever. Awesome phone!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.