Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Its sad to see so many posts on this forum like, "here's why i chose the 6 over the plus!"

Actually, its hilarious. So many grown adults trying to justify why, for whatever reason, they couldn't get the 6 plus.

Obviously its a better phone than the regular 6. You think there was an actual small supply of 6+'s? Apple purposefully bottlenecked/delayed the 6+'s because they knew everyone was clamoring for them.

So they made the 4.7's readily available for the impatient people.

C'mon guys be real with yourselves. :rolleyes:

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
People are excited about what they have chosen to buy, and aren't exactly interested in a bunch of anonymous highly negative criticism of something they're excited about.

How about we just let everyone be happy for what they're getting, and let them express why it excites them.

Primus84

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2005
UK
People choose their mobile phone for a whole variety of reasons, hence there being so much choice in the market. There is no single one "best" phone.

BingoBlue

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2014
Philly
Of course the iPhone 6 Plus is better technically but it doesn't mean it is better suited. What suited me was the smaller phone - I could have bought any of the models.

l3uddz

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Its sad to see so many posts on this forum like, "here's why i chose the 6 over the plus!"

Actually, its hilarious. So many grown adults trying to justify why, for whatever reason, they couldn't get the 6 plus.

Obviously its a better phone than the regular 6. You think there was an actual small supply of 6+'s? Apple purposefully bottlenecked/delayed the 6+'s because they knew everyone was clamoring for them.

Wont be saying that when 6+ is struggling due to its 1GB RAM being eaten by the 401 PPI display. Have fun =)

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
I don't want a 5'5 inch screen at all. Why would you care anyways? People have different tastes, and you shouldn't care.

magpie maniac

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2007
It's called cognitive dissonance. They're either hipsters who can't fit the 6+ in their skinny jeans or they're too poor to pony up the extra cash.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Apple have caused an issue here, hehe :)
They should have made the specs identical and had only the sizes different. The 6+ has optical image stabilisation and a bigger battery. It may yet turn out to have more RAM. It that's true then the 4.7" will be a poor relation...

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013

Let me first state that I have not pre-ordered the 6 or 6+. I can easily afford to buy either option.

It's not clear to me that the 6+ is in fact "better" than the 6. Yes, the 6+ has the advantages of a 1080p display, OIS, and more battery life.

However, the 6 is easier to use with one hand, and it doesn't have to scale down its graphics to fit the display. On this later point, Ars Technica noted in its hands-on writeup that the 6 felt smoother to use than the 6+.

I'm still on the fence.

Going to try in person at the store before making a decision.

InternetDude08

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2009
It's hilarious now that all the Apple fan bois are trash talking the screen size they didn't get. One phone isn't any better than the other in the aspect of they're both upgrades, and both good phones. I put the scale size cardboard 6+ phone in my pocket for a day and it's unnecessarily tall and would be uncomfortable at times.

I went for the 6 because it's still an upgrade from my 5S. Perhaps next year Apple will fix the too-tall bezels and I'll be in the 6S Plus camp, but until then who cares if you have a 6 or 6+, they're both better than Goofle spyware phones, er I mean Android.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
It doesn't have to do with one being better than the other. I would like to know who is getting the Plus who never had a smartphone larger than 5" before? I had a Note, no more.

The Plus is a phablet. What percentage of sales do phablets make up overall? The percentage may change and it will be liked but we'll see regardless if it is from Apple. I smell returns.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Although the 6+ is the superior phone, there is nothing wrong with the 6 or the people that bought them.

This is basically it. You know it's funny, with the Macbook Pro line, the 15" and 17" models were always superior (higher resolution, dedicated GPU, more RAM, longer battery, etc) however people did not feel bad about getting the 13", as it was the best combo of portability and power for most. Why is the same compromise not felt to be as acceptable with the iPhone?

The 6 objectively has less than the 6 plus, for sure, but not only is there nothing wrong with the 6, it's actually a better balance for some people.

Lindsford

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2012

Your reasoning is somewhat hypocritical of your statement.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
It's hilarious now that all the Apple fan bois are trash talking the screen size they didn't get. One phone isn't any better than the other in the aspect of they're both upgrades, and both good phones. I put the scale size cardboard 6+ phone in my pocket for a day and it's unnecessarily tall and would be uncomfortable at times.

I went for the 6 because it's still an upgrade from my 5S. Perhaps next year Apple will fix the too-tall bezels and I'll be in the 6S Plus camp, but until then who cares if you have a 6 or 6+, they're both better than Goofle spyware phones, er I mean Android.

The i6 isn't much of an upgrade at all on the 5S actually. You're really only getting a bigger screen and an uglier phone. Most iPhone owners were perfectly happy with a smaller screen, right? Otherwise they wouldn't have bought the 5S. So why is a bigger screen now an 'upgrade'? The rest of the spec will make zero difference in real world usage.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
The funniest part is that they want people like me who prefer a bigger screen to feel like they are wrong for choosing it? Like apple made some kind of mistake by even creating it? It personally offends them. The other hilarious thing is all the defensive arguments are coming from the guys who prefer the smaller phone. It's like the little guy who's picking a fight with the bigger guy because he feels threatened. I'm enjoying all the drama this being my first iPhone and all:D

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
This is basically it. You know it's funny, with the Macbook Pro line, the 15" and 17" models were always superior (higher resolution, dedicated GPU, more RAM, longer battery, etc) however people did not feel bad about getting the 13", as it was the best combo of portability and power for most. Why is the same compromise not felt to be as acceptable with the iPhone?

The 6 objectively has less than the 6 plus, for sure, but not only is there nothing wrong with the 6, it's actually a better balance for some people.

Yup. Looks like we still have a few logical people in this world.

King Shady

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2010
San Jose, CA
To be honest, the only reason I'm getting the Plus is for the better specs. Had they not gimped out on the 6 - 720p screen in 2014, slightly inferior camera and battery life, I would have bought the 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.