iPhone 6 Plus: The Real World

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dantracht, Sep 21, 2014.

1. dantracht macrumors regular

dantracht

I've had every model iPhone, to me getting the new iPhone is my annual ritual. I stress until I have it, and then I read about it endlessly and chase these forums for a few weeks until I go back to my normal existence.

Call me an iSheep if you will.

That being said, here are my real world observations of the 6 Plus:

-It's beautiful, and I love the gold color, even though it looks more bronze to me.
    -I miss the metal edges of the 4-5S models, though this one is easier to hold.
    -The screen is fantastic, although I can't tell a difference between retina and retina HD.
    -Geek benches, bench marks, park benches, whatever. They never seem any faster than the year before to me. Maybe it's so subtle I never notice it since I upgrade every year.
    -The protruding lense does not bother me.
    -So far the only picture I've taken with it is the omelet I had for breakfast this morning and it looks as good as my 5S camera.
    -The best part of this upgrade? I was able to give my 5S to my son, who is beyond happy to upgrade from his 4S.

There ya go. :):apple:

2. mjschabow macrumors 65816

Could you please share pictures of your omelette? I'm trying to decide what to do for breakfast. Thanks!

3. dantracht thread starter macrumors regular

dantracht

How do I add a picture here? I only see how to add a URL of an image.

4. doasis23 macrumors regular

doasis23

Hit the paperclip.

5. caesarp macrumors 6502a

What about portability and pocket ability?

6. dantracht thread starter macrumors regular

dantracht

Here ya go!

1780723_10152644289768190_2918442162355479014_n.jpg

7. dantracht thread starter macrumors regular

dantracht

Fits into my cargo shorts without issues, I will let you know how it fits into khakis tomorrow when I go to work. I don't forsee an issue.

Definitely takes a little getting used to in terms of needing 2 hands, but the double tap reachability and zoom screen options come in handy.

8. Big Dawg 23 macrumors regular

As an owner of a Note 3, and ordered 6+ it's all pocket size dependent. Since I am 6FT with 2XL shorts and shorts pockets fit just fine. Now I have a few shirts with tiny pockets that it feels like my iPhone 5 will just fall out.

9. sprungson macrumors member

You know what is funny? I've been having the problem of it being to light and I freak out that its not in my pocket because I can't feel it

10. sprungson macrumors member

Good point. I have a big problem with the phone size when my running shorts have no pockets.

11. caesarp macrumors 6502a

2 hands is not an issue. I do 2 hands with my 5.

12. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Went to a wedding anniversary this weekend. My Plus has been in the front pocket of loose-fit jeans, chinos and suit trousers for many many hours. Survived dancing, sitting for meals, drunken texting/facebook/selfies/emails etc etc. Absolutely no issue with the size at all, and it's in an apple leather case.