Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moshe1010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
Chine is a "poor" country.....
So who's bitching that most people in China get $1/day?

pirateninjae

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
Chine is a "poor" country.....
So who's bitching that most people in China get $1/day?

4 million iPhones preordered out of China's 1,367,080,000 population.

Majority of those preorders are probably from the wealthy class.

Refer to the article http://www.clb.org.hk/en/content/wages-china.

Note that I don't really care about the state of wages in China. Your attitude prompted me to respond to your garbage.

Brandon263

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2009
Beaumont, CA
For clarity, in case you didn't know, Jingdong is an electronics goods store like BestBuy, not a reservation company. The 1.1 million iPhone 6 and 1.18 million iPhone 6 Plus reservations are for Jingdong only. The "more than 4 million" comes from reservations at all electronics goods stores and official Apple China figures.

The last sentence in the lead paragraph translates to "A comprehensive tally of all domestic preorders of Apple's two new phones that includes numbers from the physical stores of three main carriers, the three main carriers' websites and [the electronics goods stores] Suning, D.Phone and Jingdong shows that there are more than 4 million reservations."

The first part of the seventh paragraph translates to "Preliminary figures show that the three main carriers saw more than *1* million reservations within the first six hours of accepting preorders."

The next paragraph's first sentence translates to "At the time of publication, we received figures from Jingdong's website that indicated that reservations for the iPhone 6 amounted to 1,106,379 preorders while reservations for the iPhone 6 Plus amounted to 1,189,083 preorders."

Hope that clears things up!

amro

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2008
LOL..."Your attitude prompted me to respond to your garbage."

I'd like to use that statement if you don't mind.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina

SonicSoundVW

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2014
Michigan, USA
7-10 business days? where? Definitely not with AT&T, i ordered my 6 on the 30th of sept and the expected SHIP date is 10/29/14 - 11/18/14 my dads 6 Plus expected ship date is 11/07/14 - 11/18/14? 7-10 business days also ordered on sept 30th. HA!

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2004
4 million iPhones preordered out of China's 1,367,080,000 population.

Majority of those preorders are probably from the wealthy class.

Refer to the article http://www.clb.org.hk/en/content/wages-china.

Note that I don't really care about the state of wages in China. Your attitude prompted me to respond to your garbage.

LOL..."Your attitude prompted me to respond to your garbage."

I'd like to use that statement if you don't mind.
lol ditto

fallenjt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2013
7-10 business days? where? Definitely not with AT&T, i ordered my 6 on the 30th of sept and the expected SHIP date is 10/29/14 - 11/18/14 my dads 6 Plus expected ship date is 11/07/14 - 11/18/14? 7-10 business days also ordered on sept 30th. HA!

Ordered 6+ from Apple Store online and got delivery date from 10/13-10/20, but the phone arrived on 10/02.
I ordered another 6+ today and got 11/4-11/10, but I expect to receive it around 10/24-10/27. I'm with AT&T btw

mr666

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2009
Good! Maybe this will cut down the people buying them here and taking them back to China and selling them for 5X as much.

Locoboof, I've told you a million times not to exaggerate. I live in China, and never was the iPhone price as much as double the U.S. price. They were always unlocked, though, coming into mainland from Hong Kong.

SonicSoundVW

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2014
Michigan, USA
Ordered 6+ from Apple Store online and got delivery date from 10/13-10/20, but the phone arrived on 10/02.
I ordered another 6+ today and got 11/4-11/10, but I expect to receive it around 10/24-10/27. I'm with AT&T btw

Ah, i ordered them in an AT&T store. Im done with the fuss, looks like ill be waiting. lol

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville

Likewise. I ordered two 16GB iPhone 6s from AT&T on 9/26. The space grey shows a ship date between 10/7-10/16, and the silver is 10/16-10/27. If I'm lucky, one will come within ten business days, but the other is not likely to show up in less than 15 days.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Locoboof, I've told you a million times not to exaggerate. I live in China, and never was the iPhone price as much as double the U.S. price. They were always unlocked, though, coming into mainland from Hong Kong.

You told him a million times?

Well…I think you are exaggerating that number, my friend. :p

HalfNelson

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2010
1.189 + 1.106 does not = 4.

Read the article again. Those numbers were not given to indicate the total volume of iPhones, those numbers were given to show the balance between 6 and 6+ orders from reservation company JingDong. Says this right there in the article, clear as day.

According to reservation company Jingdong, reservations are almost evenly split between the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. The iPhone 6 Plus has accounted for 1,189,083 reservations, edging out the iPhone 6 with 1,106,379 reservations. Apple announced earlier this week that the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus will go on sale in China starting October 17.

kdarling

macrumors P6
6 million and counting according to Philip Elmer Dewitt. Poor Samsung. :D

http://fortune.com/2014/10/03/the-iphone-66-in-china-4-million-and-counting/

As Dewitt keeps noting in his articles on this topic, reservations and pre-orders are not the same thing.

These are simply numbered reservations to get a place in line on a waiting list to make a pre-order. A lot of people making reservations will be scalpers hoping to sell their position.

Dewitt also points out that the effect of seeing long lines of scalpers at US Apple Stores, might've promoted the massive uptick in reservations.

(Last year, China Unicom only got 100,000 iPhone 5S/5C reservations after an entire week.)

--

PS. It's up to six million now. Either a lot are bogus reservations, or Tim Cook was incredibly mistaken when he said about 4" screens, "We've put a lot of thinking into screen size and we think we've picked the right one."

PPS re: Jingdong. As someone noted, it's not a reservation company. It's an online store, like Amazon.

Keirasplace

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2014
Montreal
As Dewitt keeps noting in his articles on this topic, reservations and pre-orders are not the same thing.

These are simply numbered reservations to get a place in line on a waiting list to make a pre-order. A lot of people making reservations will be scalpers hoping to sell their position.

Dewitt also points out that the effect of seeing long lines of scalpers at US Apple Stores, might've promoted the massive uptick in reservations.

(Last year, China Unicom only got 100,000 iPhone 5S/5C reservations after an entire week.)

--

PS. It's up to six million now. Either a lot are bogus reservations, or Tim Cook was incredibly mistaken when he said about 4" screens, "We've put a lot of thinking into screen size and we think we've picked the right one."

PPS re: Jingdong. As someone noted, it's not a reservation company. It's an online store, like Amazon.

They are going to sell a big bundle and Samsung will suffer were it counts, the pocketbook, that is all that matters :).

osofast240sx

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2011

--

I went to the Apple Store today. :eek: a long line for the 6. 6+ out of stock.

----------

They are going to sell a big bundle and Samsung will suffer were it counts, the pocketbook, that is all that matters :).
2 reasons why the note 4 will fail in China.

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...reasons-samsungs-galaxy-note-4-will-fail.aspx

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14...r-graphics-performance-vs-apple-iphone-6-plus

Tumbleweed666

macrumors 68000
Mar 20, 2009
Near London, UK.
You told him a million times?

Well…I think you are exaggerating that number, my friend. :p

I think you are missing the humour in the OP. :p

----------

Make that close on 8 million now. Still at a 50/50 ratio which will do wonders for Apples bottom line since it ramps up the average price and profit.

saab9573

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2009
8M!!!!

I do feel sorry for Samesung.

All this well planned campaign against Apple with the bendgate.....for nothing!

liegate

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2014
But.. but.. I thought Apple is losing steams in China and Android is winning there. :eek:

kdarling

macrumors P6
Make that close on 8 million now. Still at a 50/50 ratio which will do wonders for Apples bottom line since it ramps up the average price and profit.

Yep. Pretty amazing, if reservations end up as sales.

Huawei got 9 million reservations for one of their phones last Christmas, which I think was a record for them at the time.

I do feel sorry for Samesung. All this well planned campaign against Apple with the bendgate.....for nothing!

Heh. You keep trying to push your agenda that bending was made up by Samsung. If they had a "well planned campaign", I think they would've done better.

But.. but.. I thought Apple is losing steams in China and Android is winning there. :eek:

Indeed, Apple was losing steam, and Android is still the most popular. Apple wasn't even in the top five sellers last quarter.

One of the primary reasons was because Apple didn't have a larger screened model. Now they do. No doubt China was a major reason for their change of heart about screen sizes.

2014_q2_china_smartphone_sales.png

Moorepheus

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
Niagara Falls, NY
This iPhone 6 plus really sold out fast with the preorders, and not because Apple kept the supply low. The Demand was just under estimated and I would even venture to guess that alot of people got the iPhone 6 simply because the plus was not available.

Typical APPLE under estimating their product. Same excuse every year. While they keep demand up, our 1 our 2 year phone are not worth as much as they were 2 years ago. When I upgrade my iPhone 4 to a iPhone 5 2 years ago, I got $220 for a 2 year old 16GB model. Now, I will be lucky to get the same thing for a 2 year old iPhone 5 with 64GB in it, even though I paid $200 more for the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.