Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chips2481

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2012
Well all be damned. Try to use my camera today and bupkis. Black screen. Reset it and no help, coincidence that I had the reseting issue also, I think not. I actually think my games are loading slower now. Time to go to the apple store and bit$%!!!

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
iPhone 6 is a great phone.

iPhone 6 Plus is a BETTER phone.

I get alot of old phones given to me from my relatives. Junkie old phones from 6-7 years ago. I was just given the original BlackBerry Storm today. Looks new for its age. Just like last week when I was playing around with the iPhone 3Gs and iPhone 5 before that, I am now playing around with an older Storm (Verizon) from 2008. This screen is even smaller. Very, very difficult to go back to screens smaller than 4.5" but I remember how phones like this and iPhone from 2G to 5s were ideal for one-handed use. Now I find them difficult to really do anything. With the Apple Watch release next month, I think smaller phones (4" screens or below) probably wouldn't be needed as much either.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
iPhone 6 is a great phone.

iPhone 6 Plus is a BETTER phone.

I get alot of old phones given to me from my relatives. Junkie old phones from 6-7 years ago. I was just given the original BlackBerry Storm today. Looks new for its age. Just like last week when I was playing around with the iPhone 3Gs and iPhone 5 before that, I am now playing around with an older Storm (Verizon) from 2008. This screen is even smaller. Very, very difficult to go back to screens smaller than 4.5" but I remember how phones like this and iPhone from 2G to 5s were ideal for one-handed use. Now I find them difficult to really do anything. With the Apple Watch release next month, I think smaller phones (4" screens or below) probably wouldn't be needed as much either.
More accurately it would be that iPhone 6 is a great phone while iPhone 6 is a BIGGER phone (which in turn can make various aspects of it better for some, if not many, but perhaps not so much for many others).

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
8.2 still has random resprings? yikes.

hopefully 8.3 irons it out.

Are you guys on MLC or TLC NAND (if you're tech savvy enough to know or read that thread)

dfran1

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2008
The crapberry storm was the worst phone I have ever had hands down, reception was just pitiful, besides everything else about it.
Boy did that bring back really bad memories.

As for my Iphone 6+ (this is my 3rd replacement, last one was I think november) and it is great, no random resprings at all and I have loaded all updates within a day or release, so if you are then wipe and set up as a new phone and if it still happens get that iphone replaced and keep doing so until you get one that works, I know 4 of us that have no problems with our 6+'s, besides the 6+ being weak in reception on verizon. I was the only one that got respring issues and now its gone with the 3rd replacement for months now.

eoren1

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2007
So my iPhone 6 has been doing this more and more with each passing day. I think it did it 5 times today alone!

I'm on 8.2 and wondered if updating to 8.3 would clear any device info about 'resprings'. I would have taken it to the Apple Store after work today but didn't have a recent backup. Wondering if worth updating before going but don't want to lost the device memory of 10's or 100's of resprings in the process.

Thanks

cyberbiker6

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2014
IT has happened recently on my iPhone 6 / iOS 8.4. It seems to happen to me when I'm on Airplane mode using wifi, but since it's only happened a couple of times, I'll have to validate that.

when it reboots automatically, it requires the phone passcode, but not the SIM passcode, but that is probably due to Airplane mode since the SIM card is for phone networks.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Mine randomly freezes, and that sometimes leads to resets, though the resets are not common at all. Also a 128

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Same problem here :(

I really need to make it stop because ever time it reboots it makes my speakers not work :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.