iPhone 6 - The most beautiful phone ever built.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Skylitfly, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Skylitfly macrumors 6502a

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/28/7084041/the-former-head-of-android-calls-iphone-6-the-most-beautiful

I will have to agree with this guy. The more I spend time with my iPhone 6 the more I like it.

First I had mixed feelings about it after seeing only pictures. When I saw and hold it in person I was impressed. And now I think it's the best and most beautiful phone ever built.

Anyone else in the same boat? :D

PS. Yes I know this thread is useless. I'm just curious.

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

IMO it's not a useless thread. It's your opinion and you are stating your opinion.

Anyways, although i do have the 6 Plus. I love it. And I think it's the best one so far.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Disagree. ;)
    The most beautiful would be the iPhone 5! :)
    [​IMG]

4. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

5. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

If only they'd made the 5s with that pretty Slate color. I know what the reasons were for not having that color but man it was beautiful.

6. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

The 6 feels really nice in the hand. The back of the slate 5 is better, and the glass back of the 4 is nicer too. I'm enjoying the 6 but the front is butt ugly now with these huge bezels, it's just not modern enough for my tastes :)

7. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I realize the bezels on the 6 are pretty big, but if you take an iPhone 6 and put it up against the picture of that iphone 5 up above... Look how much the bezels have actually thinned down. They're moving towards less and less bezels. It's just that the bezels were so big that it takes time

8. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

I think the bezels are the same size, they just look smaller on the 6 because of the big screen. I get what you are saying though that it takes time. And until that time comes.. it's outdated. I predict the front of the iPhone 7 completely redesigns the front end.

9. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Heck you might be right lol ...but it does seem like the bezel above the home button is less on the 6 then it is on the 5

10. luked14 macrumors 6502

He was also sure to mention that the iPhone 6 was "very HTC-like."

11. CEmajr macrumors 601

It's pretty close. For me the slate 5 was the most beautiful phone ever but I would agree that the 6 feels better in the hand. If Apple made the 6 slate instead of Space Grey then it would've been hands down the best looking phone ever.

12. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

This was the best iPhone ever made. PERIOD. Everything about it was perfect. I loved it. Though I do wish it had LTE.

[​IMG]

13. Charadis macrumors 6502a

I like how you think. The 4 and 4s had solid designs.

Sorry, OP, but I'm just not seeing what you're seeing. I'll be honest, I wasn't a fan of the 6/plus leaked designs, and I'm still not a fan post release. I would like then to bring back the 4/4s with an A8 and M8 inside, and TouchID inbuilt. Or reintroduce the 5s with stainless steel body. Extra RAM a plus! Sent from my iPhone.

14. bushman4 macrumors 68000

If it didn't have those bezels I would have to go along and say it's the best. But those bezels are so yesterday looking especially when we see other cellphones that are bezeless or TVs that are bezeless.
    I think over the years the two biggest ongoing complaints are battery life and bezels

15. AnthonyS621 macrumors member

I have to agree with the OP, I have the 6+ and it is so beautiful and elegant to hold

16. UKapple macrumors regular

I don't see anything particularly attractive with the 6. I had the 4 and 5 and tbh the 4 was the best in my opinion. It had a solid quality feel to it. For some reason I'm just not drawn to the 6 and I've held one at my local phone store so I gave it a miss and went with a galaxy S5.

Apple definitely need to reduce those bezel sizes, they are just a waste of useful screen space.

17. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

18. andyx3x macrumors 65816

+1

It's a beautiful device.

19. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Personally, as I reflect back to my prior cell phones, this was by far the best. Because it was the thinnest then, and it was this type of phone that brought down the flip phones and revolutionized the candy bar look of the smartphones today. IMO.
    [​IMG]

20. Skylitfly thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I also love the design of 4/4S. And for some time even after I got the iPhone 6 I thought that 4/4S must still be the best phone design ever.

But somehow the design of iPhone 6 grew on me and now I think the iPhone 6 is even better than 4/4S. iPhone 6 feels smooth and elegant in hand. It looks nice and sleek. I don't know. I just like it more. :D

Now when ever I hold my old iPhone 4 or iPhone 5 they don't feel as premium as they did before I hold the iPhone 6. I've learned to hate those sharp corners and chamfered edges of the 5. The 6 feels so smooth and nice in my hand.

21. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I also wish they'd bring back the design. I think the iPhone 4S design with a 4.3" screen would be perfect. I thought the 4S was thin enough. I like there to be some thickness to the phone. It helps grip it and make it feel more premium. The 4S felt so premium and durable.

22. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

23. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Except that phone couldn't do the most basic things cell phones 10 years old at the time could do. ;)

24. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I think the rounded glass on 6/+ makes it really pop. I like the back because it looks similar to HTC One. That's the reason I bought a clear case. The 4 was stunning as well just not practical due to glass on both sides. It was a beauty to look at and had nice weight.

----------

I wish someone sold a rear skin for the 6 plus that looked like the Original iphone back