iPhone 6 vs. iPhone Air - which will you buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony T, Jul 4, 2014.

?

Which new iPhone are you now leaning toward?

1. iPhone 6 (4.7" model)

45 vote(s)
    61.6%
  2. iPhone Air (5.5" model)

28 vote(s)
    38.4%
  1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

Assuming these new reports/rumors are correct, which version of the 2 new iPhones currently captures your interest more? The 4.7" iPhone 6 or the 5.5" iPhone Air?

To sum it up:

-The "iPhone 6" is rumored to come with a 4.7" display and in 32GB and 64GB storage capacities only.

-The "iPhone Air" is rumored to be the larger 5.5" display model, with storage capacity options rumored at 32GB, 64GB and 128GB. Optical image stabilization is also reported to be an exclusive feature to the iPhone Air.

2. lovewd macrumors 6502

lovewd

I would chose the regular iPhone 6. I had the Galaxy Note II which was 5.5 inches, and that taught me that my hands were far to small for a screen of that size lol

3. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

I'll buy both for my collection. But I'm expecting to be rockin' the 4.7" as my daily driver.

4. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

5. Grmnracing macrumors regular

6. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

I'm leaning strongly toward the 4.7" model, but if I'm being completely honest I must say that I'll at least take a glance at the 5.5" model before making a final decision. I'd say there is an equal possibility that I'll stick with my 5s or get the 5.5" model. 90% I'll be sporting the 4.7" iPhone 6 on or near September 15th.

7. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'm not really sure - will depend on a lot of factors, like features and price. I'm leaning towards the 4.7", but the 5.5" may offer some nice extra stuff that may tempt me.

8. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Not only a few million threads... but they are all but useless since we do not even have the specs yet

9. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Leaning towards the 5.5 but it will depend on the final size. With Apple's home button it may make the device to large. Note 3 size I'm comfortable with but some of the mockups are a good bit larger than that so it may end up being the 4.7, will have to just wait and see.

10. apple-tea macrumors member

What is an iPhone Air? If it's anything like the iPad Air...... no

11. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I have two 64g. Cellular Air units now so a iPhone 6 will be good for me now. Not sure of which size but leaning towards the larger iPhone. To me they are two different devices which each having their own purpose.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm going to be going for the phablet, and to be honest, I really hope they don't name it iPhone air. I'm not liking that name at all.

13. cynics macrumors G4

Latest rumor is the 4.7" will be called the iPhone Women's and the 5.5" is the iPhone Men's!

Obviously I'm joking but I wonder how that would effect sales lol.

----------

Because it's the biggest and heaviest iPhone yet duh! Oh wait....

14. maccompaq macrumors 65816

maccompaq

15. jhtrico1850 macrumors regular

I would buy a 4 inch model if they made it. I just want a better camera, front and back, better battery life, better CPU, better motion sensing M7.

16. apple-tea macrumors member

All I know is I went to the store to try the iPad Air and I was like. "Still heavy. This isn't deserving of the title."

Apple is acting like their new iPad is the ****. But it's still not the weight that a tablet should be.

17. Ifti macrumors 68000

Leaning towards the 4.7, but depending on price difference I may be tempted for the 5.5. I would like the bigger screen but not sure how I would carry it around as it wouldn't be very comfortable in the pocket I assume!

18. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

It's called marketing. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll probably give the bigger one a shot if indeed it's more than just a bigger screen. I'm not sure I want a phone that big, but won't know until I actually try it.

19. cynics macrumors G4

While it's not the thinnest or lightest tablet available it's still pretty close. It's a pretty good piece of engineering from a design aspect.

How light do you feel a full size tablet should be?

20. ajiuo macrumors 65816

Apple would not call the biggest version of something in a product line "air"

Neither the 4.7 or the 5.5 (if it's even real) will be called the iPhone air

21. apple-tea macrumors member

The iPad Air is weird. How much should it weigh?

It should weigh less than a 100 sheet composition school notebook. And it shouldn't get hot.

22. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

Make some new battery tech, give it to Apple

23. apple-tea macrumors member

Apple owns more cash than the U.S. government, but even that's not enough to invent new battery tech.

We need a breakthrough.

24. Jardins de Vin macrumors 6502a

Jardins de Vin

Both are way too big … unless you have American Hulk-Hands of course and huge baggy pants with enormous pockets haha

Apple needs to learn that there's other important markets out there where people have different body sizes and wear different clothes. The 5/5S is already too big for most people I know. Everyone has at least once let it fall already, which wasn't the case with previous iPhones …

I'm not sure if Apple has some kind of inferiority complex towards other companies making huge phones, but the argument "bigger = better" is, as we know, the weakest way of thinking that exists. :rolleyes:

Plus, I bet the "smaller" iPhone will in fact be inferior to the bigger one (a bit like the 5C to the 5S) which means you HAVE to buy the bigger one if you want a quality phone. That's a bit like: you'd like to have a Fiat 500 for the city with leather seats and panoramic roof and heated seats and all that stuff but WAIT nope you can only get that in a fat ugly 7.0 litre sedan with 150 hp that goes straight into the slightest corners. That's more or less the same way of thinking.
    (Of course you can get all those options I listed in the Fiat 500 in case you were wondering.)

25. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Whichever of the two looks the best.

Now, if the iPhone Air looked like this compared to the rumored iPhone 6 leaks I've been seeing, this is what I want.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]