iPhone 6(S)(+) iPhone 6S battery depletion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Janeilfen, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Janeilfen macrumors newbie

Updated the phone to ios12 and now the battery drains about twice as fast as previously. Anyone else seeing this?

2. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

Yes, I have noticed a huge difference on my SE.

I posted this thread a few days ago about it.

3. jona2125 macrumors 6502a

I'm curious if this is secondary to iOS 12 "boosting" performance by changing processing usage and ramping to being full power initially and then normalizing to a lower level. Makes the phone feel snappier but it's probably putting a decent draw on these older devices more aged batteries. They reduced power last year so that big surges didn't shut the phone of spontaneously and then they increased initial performance this year, seems like a catch 22.

4. myrtlebee macrumors 68020

myrtlebee

Yes, my brand new SE’s battery life has tanked on iOS 12.

5. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

Maybe, but there were reports saying that the iOS 12 beta's battery usage was fine until just recently.

6. jona2125 macrumors 6502a

Oh okay I wasn't aware, could be something within iOS 12 itself then. I haven't put anything besides an X onto 12 yet. I'll check it out this weekend with some of my older stuff, I have a 7 with battery issues as it is so I'll see if it gets even worse.

7. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

That is what I am thinking, and the battery issue will most likely be corrected with a update.

I am pretty sure it is not battery health related.
    According to my SE, my maximum capacity is 100%, but my 24 hour screen on time is only 2H 44M.

I have put the brightness down lower than I would typically like to try to keep the phone up.

If the issue isn't corrected with the next update, I will probably just end up getting a charger for my desk at work.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 28, 2018 ---
    Does this "on screen time" include time on a charging source? because if that is the case, I have it on a charger for my daily commute which is about 1 hour total.

8. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge