iPhone 6S Came With Carrier Pre-Installed Apps!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pathfinder3, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Pathfinder3 macrumors member

Who's 'fortunate' enough to have bloatware on their new iPhone 6S/6S+?

[​IMG]

2. Allin44 macrumors 6502

3. baileya1c macrumors member

I don't miss SoftBank at all. So happy to back stateside. 5 years of SoftBank was enough for me.

4. vlinkz macrumors regular

Wow, two pages as well... That's quite the collection they forced on you.

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

6. Kataran macrumors newbie

Kataran

That's some heavy bloat ware hopefully you can delete some of it

7. dmx macrumors 6502

There's no way Apple would allow this in the United States. Have they always allowed it elsewhere?

8. LLL1424 macrumors 6502

LLL1424

Exactly. Can you imagine if Apple did allow it? We would have junk from AT&T- Sprint- Verizon or worst, T-Mobile , preloaded with crap we don't need.

9. vlinkz macrumors regular

More reason to buy the SIM-free version in that case.

10. Mr.C macrumors 601

It's the same here in the UK. That said even Apple itself is guilty of including apps that cannot be deleted if not wanted.

11. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

True, but here in the US at least there aren't any pre installed carrier Apps like the OP has displayed above.

12. Mr.C macrumors 601

Yes. Like I said there aren't any carrier specific apps here in the UK either. That said it's not as bad as Android phone manufacturers using their own UI overlays on their phones which is even worse in my opinion. Though even Apple shouldn't be forcing apps on consumers by installing them with the OS especially when you can't even delete them.

13. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

Correct. The only way around manufacturers using their own UI overlays and carrier pre installed Apps on Android devices would be the Google Nexus line. Which is becoming more and more like Apple, with Google doing away with removable batteries and added storage. I see this year they are offing their own form of insurance on their devices that is very similar to Apple Care Plus.

14. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

I think there's a bit of a difference between possibly unauthorized (and against the contract) bloat-ware from third parties, and pre-installed apps by the developer, builder, and seller of the hardware and software (I mean Apple).

15. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I'm wondering that also.

16. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

I was forced to use Softbank for years (they were the only ones that sold the iPhone!) but I switched to AU for the 5S and 6, and now docomo for the 6S. The other carriers are VASTLY superior to Softbank in terms of network coverage, speed, traffic shaping (or the apparent lack thereof) and with the 6S Plus, even pricing. Softbank sucks, dude.

17. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Technically they don't appear to be actual preinstalled apps; the text at the top of each icon says "download" so presumably they're links to the App Store.

Having said that, when I bought my 4S from Telecom NZ back in 2011, it had a few things such as the "T-World" portal preconfigured.

18. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Connecting to itunes and clicking restore to factory default, and then upgrading to latest should wipe this - doesn't it get the source from Apple's servers?

19. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

With my 4S the Telecom icons remained after a restore as they were part of the "carrier settings" bundle.

20. bking10 macrumors member

Luckily in the US we only get Apple's bloatware

21. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

I'm with you. I got stuck on Softbank as well with all their crap. At least we can put it all in a folder and keep in on the back page.

22. jpgr15 macrumors 6502a

23. Mr.C macrumors 601

Not really. At the end of the day if neither is wanted and neither can be deleted it's pretty much the same thing for the most part irrespective whether they are official or unofficial.

24. I7guy macrumors G5

That's the way it is with iOS and that's, that. Personally I use most of the pre installed apps; which means I find them useful.

25. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

I would think being on The Rock would be bad enough,but having bloatware takes the cake.