iPhone 6S charges ever sooooo slooowly.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
Hi guys, I've not posted on here for such a long time, it took me a while to log in.. haha

Anyway, yesterday like so many thousands of iPhone users have upgraded to iPhone6S but today I'm learning the device takes an eternity to recharge from a complete flat battery. Has anyone else notice this or am I the only one?

Reactions: Kenyon Hicks

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
Are you plugging into wall? Get a faster charger than the default iPhone one.
Yes, was on the stock charger for the greater part of the night, after charging the phone all night, nearly 8 hours, I decided to plug it into a 2 Amp Samsung charger and it's been over six hours now and it's still not fully charged. What gives? :/

Last edited:

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
I had my phone go dead over night charging but it wasn't battery dead, I just had to hard reset to get it to start again...weird.. I will say something seems off about the new batteries.

Conan86

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Singapore
Yes, was on the stock charger for the greater part of the night, after charging the phone all night, nearly 8 hours, I decided to plug it into a 2 Amp Samsung charger and it's been over six hours now and it's still not fully charged. What gives? :/
your charge time sounds abnormal.. mine took about 3hrs to charge from dead with the 5w charger that came with it.

its widely known that the 10/12w charger that comes with the iPad cuts charging time in half

HippieMagic

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2011
Yeah mine seems to have normal battery life and charge time.

I would make sure it's not doing anything in the background first. If it just takes forever I would get it replaced.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
your charge time sounds abnormal.. mine took about 3hrs to charge from dead with the 5w charger that came with it.

its widely known that the 10/12w charger that comes with the iPad cuts charging time in half
Wish I got an iPad charger. That would make for a good testing to see is this thing 'normal' or 'abnormal' as someone else suggested.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
Yeah mine seems to have normal battery life and charge time.

I would make sure it's not doing anything in the background first. If it just takes forever I would get it replaced.
Since switching on the LOW POWER MODE, it's actually charging faster between 81% to 99% but it's still not stopped charging. How weird is this.. and why aren't there more people coming forward?

Conan86

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Singapore
Since switching on the LOW POWER MODE, it's actually charging faster between 81% to 99% but it's still not stopped charging. How weird is this.. and why aren't there more people coming forward?
And how long is it from 81% to 99% this time? Are you using that 6s or 6s+?

I charged my 6s from 76% to 100% i about 1.5 hour while syncing and transferring music with my MBP around

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
People may not be coming forward because they are not having a problem. Could be a software or hardware problem for you. Restore iPhone and see if that helps. If not get a replacement.

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
If you're phone isn't charged in 8 hours something is seriously wrong. It should take 1/4 of that. Exchange it with the charger too for a totally new setup.

People aren't coming forward because you got a fluke one. Not ever issue 1 person is seeing it extrapolates to everyone else.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
iPhones don't have very high capacity batteries and don't typically take long to charge. Anything beyond about 2 hours is abnormal.

magbarn

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2008
Don't use the Samsung charger! Android and iPhone use totally different signals for charging so by using that Samsung charger you're only charging at 0.5 amps which is half the rate of the crappy 1 amp stock charger. My iPad 2.1 amp charger charges my 6s+ almost twice as fast as the stock 1 amp charger.

dmx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
What lightning cable are you using? Do you have another cable you can try?

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
Don't use the Samsung charger! Android and iPhone use totally different signals for charging so by using that Samsung charger you're only charging at 0.5 amps which is half the rate of the crappy 1 amp stock charger. My iPad 2.1 amp charger charges my 6s+ almost twice as fast as the stock 1 amp charger.
Yeah...plus Samsung designs their chargers to damage iPhones when plugged in. True story

Zune55

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2015
Hi guys, I've not posted on here for such a long time, it took me a while to log in.. haha

Anyway, yesterday like so many thousands of iPhone users have upgraded to iPhone6S but today I'm learning the device takes an eternity to recharge from a complete flat battery. Has anyone else notice this or am I the only one?
Make sure your outlets are working properly. Also only use Apple branded wall charger otherwise iPhone will charge slow. I just charged iPhone and it was really fast. Could be hardware issue, if convenient go to Apple Store and show it if tech.

megalaser

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2009
charge time on mine is fast, sounds like there may be a problem, possibly the cable between the charger (if it's an Apple one) - cheap lightning cables do cause this exact problem.

MattXDA

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2014
UK
It's so slow on my 6s Plus, and when I reboot the battery sometimes jumps up 20%. Quite annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.