iPhone 6S Front Facing LED Flash Wish

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lulla01, Aug 27, 2015.

1. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I hope that rumored front facing Flash is true, but more than that I hope if its there it doubles as a customizable LED notification light. Not the actual flash flashing for notifications because thats horrible but an actual small customizable LED.

What are the chances?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Apple, giving us a notification light?

Not going to happen:(

3. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

I think the rumor is that there is no LED for flash. Instead, the screen will flash bright white emulating flash.

4. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

Leaks have shown that we won't get front flash in the 6s. Plus, I doubt Apple would ever give us a notification light.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

"Rumored"? Where? According to whom? This has been on wish lists for ages, but never seen a shred of evidence that it's a priority of Apple's.

6. wilky76 macrumors regular

wilky76

If they move to OLED for the display then they could have something similar to what Motorola use for notification's which is just as good as having a LED, and doesn't use much battery life.

It one thing i hate the most with the iPhone having to pick it up and check for any messages, if i leave the phone for any length of time.

7. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

It would be cool if they incorporate the dual-tone concept into the screen as well. It could flash in a white or amber color depending on the lighting conditions.

8. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

Get an Apple Watch ;)

9. wilky76 macrumors regular

wilky76

Nah got a watch thanks it last 5 years without charging & comes with 10 years warranty, and it still do what it should and work just as good in 10 years time from now. :)

10. filakin macrumors newbie

I've been an Android user for years - 5 different manufacturers - and ALL of them had front facing LED notification lights. Not ridiculously bright flash-strength LEDs, but discreet low power-use versions. Not one person I know has ever turned them off - they are extremely useful. One of those androids allowed me to display different colours depending if it was a missed call, text, email, or just social media.

Since I got an iPhone, I have to constantly turn the phone on to see if I missed a call or message. It uses up considerably more battery life than a low powered LED.

Apple is so far behind the times on this one, its embarrassing. The rest of the world gets it, why doesn't Apple?

11. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Get the Watch and never wonder again.

12. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Hah, embarrassing? I assure you that there are aspects of Android that are far more embarrassing, but that's a topic for another thread.

13. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

But u don't get a notification light on ur current watch.

14. emilioestevez Suspended

emilioestevez

Jailbreakers have been able to do this for years. :cool::p

15. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Jail breaking installs an external LED for your iPhone? Wow, the JB community has really come a long way.

16. emilioestevez Suspended

emilioestevez

No, but tweaks that utilize the display as a flash and briefly illuminate the display for notifications have existed on Cydia for quite some time.

17. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

if I want a front flash, I use Camera+ app. though I'm not the "selfie" person.

18. noobinator macrumors 601

That's not an LED flash, which is being discussed here.

19. emilioestevez Suspended

emilioestevez

Apple's obviously not going to add an LED. They've even removed the battery and sleep LEDs from their notebooks. Jailbreak or become a big enough shareholder in Apple that you can voice your ideas to Tim personally.

20. C DM macrumors Westmere

Apple hasn't found that to be of enough use to add it. As unfortunate as that is. It seems using various recent Android phones don't have it either (using the screen itself). It would be useful to quite a few people, but not the design that iOS devices use.

21. filakin macrumors newbie

As a previous long time user of Android and now a iPhone user, I can't think of any that come to mind.
    iPhone users tend to think their phones are far superior, but the truth is that you can get similar spec'd Android phones but at a fraction of the cost (LG G4). And the OS is much more customisable, and in a lot of ways better.
    Nevertheless, the iPhone is a very good phone - its just that you are forced to buy the most expensive phones on the market (that don't even have a front LED), whereas Android manufacturers provide affordable versions too. But if you are prepared to pay top dollar, the best phone available on the market is an Android. The mobile world has changed, Apple has been slow to respond.

22. C DM macrumors Westmere

Best is subjective and thus different for everyone.

23. filakin macrumors newbie

Spend hundreds of dollars because Apply won't spend $1 to add a tiny LED? You're a marketers dream. Or perhaps you work for their marketing dept.

24. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

Just turn on LED Flash for Alerts under Accessibility.

25. C DM macrumors Westmere

Unfortunately not the same thing at all.