iPhone 6S needs a new battery.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KGB7, Aug 15, 2017.

1. x-man, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017

x-man macrumors newbie

x-man

What do you guys think about these coconut results?

Manufacture date: March 2016
    Cycle count: 570
    Design capacity: 76.4% (yellow bar)
    iPhone 6s 64GB

2. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502

QueenTyrone

The hotter your battery the lower the capacity.so If your phone was blazing hot it could show a lower amount.

Is this a phone? If so that's time for a replacement

3. x-man macrumors newbie

x-man

It’s an iPhone 6s yes - chat with Apple said the battery was healthy - the genius shared instructions to reset as new etc... which I did but haven’t seen any improvement - I will run iOS 11 for a few days and open another chat... thanks for the feedback

4. KGB7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

KGB7

If you see abnormal battery drain, than go ahead and replace the battery. Otherwise don't worry it about it.

5. Suckfest 9001 macrumors 6502a

Suckfest 9001

390 plus tax... argh.. you probably could have found a slightly used 7 for that much money.

6. MephistoZap macrumors newbie

MephistoZap

Battery life on the 6s is just not good at all. I just bought a Samsung 6s switching from a tsmc iPhone se that had a brand new battery installed and it's still really bad coming from my se. It was straight from apple because of the 6s battery issue. I'm looking forward to getting a Iphone 8 or maybe X if I can afford one.

7. KGB7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

KGB7

I wanted full factory warranty and not inherit some one else's issues.

8. SoYoung macrumors 6502

Ok I went to the Apple store last week, they said my battery health is at 87%, but my battery still drain very quickly after a DFU restore and set it as new. Coconut battery shows many variation of my battery health between 75%-86%, but more often they show around 75-80% battery health.

I really dont know what to do know. Is program like coconutBattery really reliable?

9. phillytim, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017

phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

I'm getting a 75% from CoconutBattery on my September 2015 6s Plus. Other times it may be 82%.

Apple tested it via their diagnostics and said the battery was reading "Healthy", and wouldn't offer a replacement while I was still in AppleCare warranty.

Honestly I don't know what to think, other than perhaps Apple is trying to weasel out of giving me a battery replacement.

10. rockonz macrumors newbie

Just go to the mall and have one of the screen fixing kiosk guys replace it for you. At the place by me they sell batteries right outside the apply store. I had my 6 battery replaced for $35 and it took 15 minutes compared to the days of waiting for apple to "diagnose" the issue and me paying more than double the price

11. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

went the route of iFitix and did it myself. have the iP6 and not the 6s. coconut battery showed north of 800 cycles and i think roughly a 10-20% battery life. the thing wouldn't last 30 minutes off the charger and the phone was very slow. I felt like 10.3.1/2 made it a ton worse. then iOS 11 didn't help. could not survive so had to use a Mophie battery case to at least get through the work day. ended up buying the iFixit battery last week and installed in Tuesday. should have done it a lot sooner and was crazy easy to swap out. I was trying to wait until the iPhone X was released but couldn't wait any longer. no need for a battery case now and can now last all day with heavy use. feels like a new phone too. works smooth and fast.

any novice can swap out the battery.

12. SoYoung macrumors 6502

I can't replace the battery myself so that's why I want another solution. I just want to understand why the coconut results are night and day with the Apple results.

13. FunkyTang macrumors 6502

The iFixIt battery kit is easy if you're handy. The 6s is like 4 screws to swap the battery if you keep the display connected.

14. Sigp232 macrumors member

Sigp232

30 to 40 bucks gets you a new shiny battery at the mall.