iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by max2, Feb 10, 2016.

1. max2 macrumors 68000

I can't decide which one to get? Is there any advantage of the iPhone 6s Plus except for the bigger screen?

2. dark_knight177 macrumors regular

dark_knight177

Don't buy the Plus, it has issues with lag and stutter plus i have problems with pocketability

3. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I like the 6s. But the another plus for the plus is battery life.

4. masands macrumors regular

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I have a 6S Plus and mine does not have any issues with lag and stutter.

6. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Batman is just here to ruffle feathers.

Go with the Plus if you can afford it. The battery life is spectacular

7. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Idk bout 3-4 times longer but the plus def has a better battery. I'd say at least 20%.

It depends on ur needs. If you value one handed operation the 6s is better. If you don't care as much about that then I'd say the plus is the way to go.

8. IHelpId10t5 macrumors 6502

Simple. Go to the Apple Store, pick up both and see which size you like better. That's the only difference worth consideration.

9. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

My 6s Plus has no lag or studded. I like the screen side, higher pixel count, and super battery life. Keep in pocket no problem. Get it from Apple Store have 14 days to exchange it.

10. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Yeah I have both the 6s and 6s plus. No lags or stuttering. The battery life is nice. But the 6s is good for one handed operation.

11. Skika macrumors 68030

12. max2 thread starter macrumors 68000

Uber, youtube video watching, music, and calendar.

13. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

If I was you and I know its a long way round it, but get the plus if you don't like it return it and grab the 6s.

At least that way you know you if it will be comfortable to have the plus, rather then getting 6s never testing the plus and maybe one day getting your hands on plus and regretting not buying it.

I jumped on the 6 plus and have never regretted it personally, don't think I would go the smaller iPhone either to be honest.

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The plus model offers a better camera and better battery life, the regular 6s is more holdable. Which do you want a form factor that probably works a bit better in your hand and carrying it around, or one that has superior components?

I got the 6 plus, but I've grown tired of always needing to pull it out of my pocket when I sit. I'm moving shortly to a smaller form factor - just my $.02 :)

15. CEmajr macrumors 601

No lag or stutter whatsoever on the 6s Plus. This thing flies in terms of performance. Biggest advantage over the 6s is battery life. With the Plus you don't have to worry about charging your phone throughout the day.

16. measel macrumors regular

measel

I'm with maflynn on that. It's nice phone but just too big for comfort. I settled with 6S. I couldn't be more happier. :)

17. pika2000 macrumors 68030

Go to a store, and hold them yourself.
    Can you use them comfortably? Imagine having a case as well. Can you whip out and use the phone quickly when it matters? (eg. taking pictures, answering calls, etc). Those are my early criteria, and I picked the 6S.

There are times when I wish I had the plus, but I have an iPad mini as well.

18. Applefan4 macrumors 6502

I have the 6S+ and it's absolutely buttery smooth. No issue whatsoever. As for pocketability, perhaps stop wearing skinny jeans?

19. dark_knight177 macrumors regular

dark_knight177

You guys must be unaware of 72 page thread about lag and stutter on 6S Plus

20. Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

I have both a 6 and 6S plus and switch them out, so I can provide from my experience:

6S Plus pros vs 6:

• Fastest phone I've ever used yet (no lag or stutter at all on this one). Touch ID is very quick. The 6s' speed may be similar though.

• Battery life is WAY better than my 6, easily a day to day 1/2 of heavy usage. I never worry about phone dying now.

• Excellent viewing screen for videos, pics, web pages etc. (or maybe my eyes are getting weaker ). Video size is so nice I don't use my iPad mini as much and may sell it down the road.

•Camera seems slightly better, but videos with OIS is noticeably improved.

Cons vs 6:

• Larger, heavier mass

• Harder to type one handed

• Gets more attention from other people for some reason (may not be a con for some).

21. tbgreen89 macrumors newbie

tbgreen89

Plus all the way. Battery life is incredible. No lag ever noticed on mine.

22. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

23. Ovedius macrumors 6502

Ovedius

I quite like my 6S Plus.

My last phone was an iPhone 5 so I was a little worried about "pocketability".
    I'm a man so I generally have large pockets in my trousers. I don't wear baggy jeans, not skinny jeans either, just regular straight Levi jeans (tight around the ass/thighs and loose around the ancles) and I find I can easily fit the Plus in my pocket.
    As long as it's positioned at the side of my thigh I can keep it in my pocket while sitting without discomfort.
    But it is a royal pain in the ass to get the phone out of my pockets while seated.

I really like the added screen real estate. Web browsing, looking at photos, playing games and reading e-mails really is a joy.
    As for one-handed use, I can easily use the phone one handed while standing still or sitting. I find Reachability helps me a lot. But I don't feel safe using it one handed while walking, it constantly feels like I'm about to drop it.

The optical stabilization in the camera gives it a subtle edge over the normal 6S.
    I've tried filming while riding along in the car and the stabilization can really make a huge difference.

I love that I can use it pretty much uninterrupted in landscape/horizontal mode.

I can't comment on how the battery life compares to the regular 6S, but I can say that it blows my old 5 out of the water. I can easily use it quite heavily all day and still have a good 30% left when I go to bed.
    With normal, non-intensive use I can actually go two days before needing to charge.
    -but, I don't really do "non-intensive", I find it very hard to not fiddle with it all day:p

One thing I hate though, is the keyboard in landscape mode.
    GOD HOW I HATE IT!
    Instead of giving you larger keys, it stuffs "handy shortcuts" around the sides and leaves the tiny-buttoned keyboard in the center.
    I have large hands and I can just reach the center keys with my thumbs but I can't write a sentence on it without hitting those damned useless shortcuts.
    Shortcuts like "undo" that is positioned one key away from "shift".
    Guess what happens when I want to type a capital letter?
    I undo EVERYTHING I just wrote :mad:
    Really hope Apple adds an option to just use a regular enlarged horizontal keyboard without using "zoomed" mode.

So as a guy with large hands and big pockets I can recommend the Plus :)

As for lag, I have experienced none.
    I set up my 6S Plus from my backup of my old 5.
    Read if you are worried: http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/6s-plus-pauses-freezes-lag-serious-issue.1921141/
    People on that thread are having issues with lag but I haven't taken the time to read through it.

24. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

Absolute rubbish. The 6s Plus has none of these issues for the large majority of users. Certainly mine doesn't. As for pocket ability, that depends on what you wear. I use a holster so I have no problem with that either.

25. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

I got the 6s Plus but I miss the size of my 6, will not be getting the Plus next time, I can live with the size until the next new iPhone.