6s Plus pauses / freezes / lag. Serious issue

TwoBytes

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
I've restored but getting this brief pauses and freezes. It looks like i need to setup as a new phone which is a PITA! Why do I have to setup as a fresh phone every time... so many threads of people saying 'yeah, it's ok, do a restore, it's totally fine'.

Is anyone else getting these issues?

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
More likely it has to do with iOS 9 than anything else.

A user in the JB forums just went back to using his iPhone 6 because his new 6s is in an unbootable state after restoring iOS 9.

Apple replaced my iPhone 6+ last Sunday for the price of a screen repair because restoring to iOS 9 caused a bootloop. The Apple genius told me that Apple is having a lot of issues with iOS 9 and restores right now.

I don't think iOS 9 was really ready yet.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
Thanks for the support eyoungren

Ok, any fresh installs on iOS 9 on the 6s plus suffer the same issues?

TwoBytes

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
Apple has some issues. Definitely having lag. Some apps are not responding. Wondering if apple are reading and want log files?

AbSoluTc

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2008
So I am noticing a few things on my new 6S Plus.

If I am on the lock screen and unlock, sometimes it acts like it didn't take and sits there for a second and boom, it then unlocks. Also noticed that sometimes when I unlock, the screen is frozen for a second after unlock and the bar with the info at the top is missing then comes back after it unfreezes.

I am assuming this is a software issue right now and hopefully it will get worked out. It's very weird.

I restored from a backup, from iTunes.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
So I am noticing a few things on my new 6S Plus.

If I am on the lock screen and unlock, sometimes it acts like it didn't take and sits there for a second and boom, it then unlocks. Also noticed that sometimes when I unlock, the screen is frozen for a second after unlock and the bar with the info at the top is missing then comes back after it unfreezes.

I am assuming this is a software issue right now and hopefully it will get worked out. It's very weird.

I restored from a backup, from iTunes.
We assumed that a sofware fix would cure this on the 6+ too...
If the 4.7" model does it too then expect a fix.

Cuechick

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
So Cal
Sometimes nothing is responsive. Literally can't click a thing. This is a serious issue.
Mine is frozen on the slide to upgrade screen, I already used iTunes to restore and now I am stuck? ECK!

How do I power it off?

Ron21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
Was just about to start a new thread and found this one.

There is definitely a bug in iOS 9 that is causing this freeze/stutter. Mine phone always freezes for a few seconds right after unlocking/touch id.

Hopefully Apple fixes soon.

Anyone on 9.1 seeing anything similar?

Reactions: cc00lltt00nn

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I restored from a backup and no problems. What apps are people experiencing this lag or stutter on. I have tried everything and it is buttery smooth. Everything is faster including regretting maps. The WiFi is now much faster as downloads are super quick.

Surfer13134

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
Florida
I restored from a backup and no problems. What apps are people experiencing this lag or stutter on. I have tried everything and it is buttery smooth. Everything is faster including regretting maps. The WiFi is now much faster as downloads are super quick.
Any app. Go unlock the phone and press an app. It will freeze and lag for a few seconds.

Reactions: tjleonard

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
If it's anything like the 6+ then the stutter, lag and freezing will be inconsistent. One minute smooth as anything and playing up the next. Scrolling down web pages and rotating the phone into portrait/landscape was a good trigger more often than not.

Sanlitun

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
My 6+S did a weird reset after doing an iTunes restore from a 6+. It seems to be doing ok now. Going to give it some time to "settle in"

The 6+S gets hot, and i feel my display is not as good as the old 6+ as the new phone has dim corners.

I think there is a bit of a learning curve here, between the force touch, the new fingerprint sensor and the blazing speed of the phone it feels a little out of control.

SeppelHut

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2015
I've the same issues. Clean install is no option for me since I do not want to lose all health / activity data from my watch.

Reactions: oneteam
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.