iPhone 6S Owners - Are you upgrading?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by heyyitssusan, Sep 5, 2016.

1. heyyitssusan, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016

heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

Would it be worth the upgrade going from 6S to 7 vs. 6S to 7S? I'm debating on it still since I'm finally eligible for an upgrade when launch day comes and to preorder, but since my phone is still so swift and powerful I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it.

2. BLUEBLASTER macrumors regular

BLUEBLASTER

3. Alexrat1996 Suspended

Yes I am I want the smaller iPhone 7 good bye iPhone 6s Plus

4. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

It all depends on how much you want to upgrade. I am because I'm in the Jump on Demand with T-Mobile, but if I wasn't, I probably wouldn't.

5. Carmenia83 macrumors 6502

If that glossy Space Black ends up being a thing, HELL YEAH

6. LasersGoPewPew macrumors regular

LasersGoPewPew

Is it worth it? Probably not. Will I still upgrade? Most likely.

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No. Just cannot get over that huge wart of a camera bump on the 7.

The antenna lines and camera bump on my perfectly functioning 6s+ are bad enough.

And for those who might suggest a case, I don't use cases.

8. Delolia macrumors newbie

Yes for an iPhone 7+ 32 or 64gb I don't know. I actually have an iPhone 6s+ 64gb with 34gb free so if the price is higher than last year I will take the 32gb. (Depend the color choices also)

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Funny how a new paint job can make one overlook all the other ugliness. :D

10. heyyitssusan thread starter macrumors 65816

Hahaha, then you probably wouldn't like the dual camera setup on the 7+ if that is what it looks like :p

11. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

Hell yeah I'm upgrading.

I can't imagine waiting 2 whole years for a new iPhone.

12. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No, and it would be the 7+ 256GB I'd be buying if I was buying.

But yeah. Triple fugly there. Reminds me of this…(note, I don't watch Futurama).

[​IMG]

13. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

6S Plus user here and will likely be using the 6S Plus for another year and get the 2017 model.

14. Carmenia83 macrumors 6502

Yup. Every phone of every major brand after the iPhone 4/4s has been ugly IMO. I've accepted it and moved on.

15. tommysm macrumors 6502a

tommysm

Definitely upgrading, the dual camera (if done correctly) will be a huge selling point for me.

16. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL!!!

I laugh because I specifically avoided the iPhone 4s by waiting a year when I had an upgrade in order to upgrade to the iPhone 5.

I have never had an affinity for the 4 series (that chrome band particularly offends my eye) whereas the 5 has that 2001 A Space Odyssey monolith look. Really drew me in.

Of course, Space Gray on the 5s killed the look and then Apple came out with the fugly camera bump and antenna lines on the 6 series. Now they double down on the fugly bump with the 7 so at this point I'm totally out until next year.

But yeah. Not a fan of the 4 series.

17. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

For what ...For a new color ? I will keep my phone in a case ( i hate transparent cases) - nope :D.
    For dual camera ? I am not that guy.. :D
    Foooooor no 3.5mm jack ? I am not that guy :D.
    But this is just me.

18. UAV macrumors regular

i upgraded my 6s the first month i got it to a note5 and now i can do everything i could not do with my iphone. finally a phone that just works thank you samsung.

19. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

I'm undecided. I will wait to see the whole announcement this week. I'd like to any yes but my 6s plus is doing great. I just don't know. I'll figure it out after the announcement I think.

20. Carmenia83 macrumors 6502

I can understand that. The black slate 5 was a great looking phone, very sleek. I was excited about the 5 when it came out because of the unibody aluminum. I was doing screen repairs and such as a side gig and everything after the 4s was SO MUCH EASIER to repair lol.

But IMO the iPhone 4, at a time when everything else was cheap and plasticky, was one of the most impressive pieces of engineering I had ever seen (especially when I opened it up). I loved the contrasting black glass and silver steel frame. It just felt very elegant, and everything after felt cheaper. The difference between the iPhone 4/4s and the iPhone 5 to me, feels like the difference between the Stainless Steel Apple Watch and the Sport. I had a Sport for a while but it never felt worth the money. I tried the black steel watch, and that had the premium feel I was looking for. Even though it's more expensive, that one felt worth it.

21. UAV macrumors regular

so basically it sounds like your saying apple is like your local drug dealer who gives you the best uncut drug only to have him water it down everytime after that and charge you more for it. but the drug dealer always hype's it up when you go and buy from him every time saying this is some really good stuff better than that last time. guess good'ol p.t. barnum was right.

22. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

At the time the 4s came out I was using an HTC Touch Pro.

[​IMG]

So, my appreciation of the 4s was less. The TP already had a chrome band and was black. I had also seriously modified it to how I wanted it to function so I was less inclined to get the 4s.

There were things about it I did NOT appreciate however. Had to use a stylus with it and the screen was plastic. But it was a tank and it survived three years of use.

Not that I thought it was such a great phone that I didn't want to ditch it for my iPhone 5, but to me it was a better alternative for a phone I didn't care for (4/4s) while doing some things Apple and the carriers didn't allow at the time.

All of that said, I did have a black iPhone 3GS at one point. Awesome phone, even though it was plastic. Put my Touch Pro which was my primary phone at the time to shame.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 5, 2016 ---
    Are you contributing in moving the conversation forward or are you just wanting to engage in a Samsung/Apple argument?

Let us know so we can respond appropriately!

23. MathersMahmood macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

Yes. I want the plus model this time for the better screen, size, camera & battery.

24. snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755

yes am going too buy the iphone 7 out right and save my upgrade for the iphone 7S or iphone 8 for 2017