Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
I'd hazard a guess that my phone would get max 12 hours under those circumstances, maybe 13 depending on what you actually did in those screen on times on safari and nbc app. Depends on the amount of actual browsing and consistency of activity.
When browsing, I was browsing. With NBC, HBO, Netflix I was watching shows and movies. I was surprised at 16 hours, but I had a good Wi-Fi connection. Also having phone on Wi-Fi Calling allowed me to turn off cellular radio. My AT&T cellular get one and two dots. The Wi-Fi gets four and five dots. System services are set as follows.

image.jpeg

SparkFlash

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2013
Michigan
Hello, I am posting here in hopes of figuring out my battery life issues with my iPhone 6s Plus. I have had the phone for about 3-4 weeks. It was set up as a new iPhone as I just switched from a nexus 5.

I keep my brightness around 30-40%. Bluetooth is always off. Wifi is off as soon as I leave home. Nearly all of my apps have background data turned off.

I have tried resetting the phone, and draining the battery completely and recharging.

Yesterday I got 1hr 43min use and I was at 20%.
My gf 6S plus kills my 6S. Lasts a long time. I would assume you have some kind of app inbackground. Check the battery usage section in the settings.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
When browsing, I was browsing. With NBC, HBO, Netflix I was watching shows and movies. I was surprised at 16 hours, but I had a good Wi-Fi connection. Also having phone on Wi-Fi Calling allowed me to turn off cellular radio. My AT&T cellular get one and two dots. The Wi-Fi gets four and five dots. System services are set as follows.

View attachment 601026

That's it then, turning off cellular. I expect that I would get significantly longer battery life if I did that. With my old i5 I used to switch off 3G unless I needed it, because 2G gave me much extended battery life. With the 6+ and 6S+ I've left everything switched on.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
That's it then, turning off cellular. I expect that I would get significantly longer battery life if I did that. With my old i5 I used to switch off 3G unless I needed it, because 2G gave me much extended battery life. With the 6+ and 6S+ I've left everything switched on.
You do get better battery life turning off cellular when on wifi but wouldn't say it's loads better. I say extend the battery life by a few hours

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
The Wi-Fi Calling has been really working fantastic. Very clear connection. Funny part is having person answer with no ring or once. When at home with fast Wi-Fi I see no reason to run the cellular radio on top of the Wi-Fi and GPS. Now I'm in habit of turning cellular on as part of leaving the house. Doors locked, coffee maker off, keys, wallet, phone, turn cellular on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.