iPhone 6s Plus battery issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikejackson1996, May 29, 2016.

1. mikejackson1996 Suspended

I have an iPhone 6s Plus I only get 8 hrs and 40 minutes of usage why not 11-12 hrs like apple claims.

Let's says its at 23% overnight i wake up seeing it at 18% why is jr draining

I see my iPhone drain faster when I'm not using sometimes in an hour I see the percent drop like 1-4% percentage with notification and without notifications

What can be the problem I have the Samsung chip

Is my battery defective

Only one day I got 9 hrs and 55 minutes of battery

Help me please

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Difficult to say. There is probably something in the background draining your battery. Facebook is a big one if you allow it to alert you depending on how often friends post and what your settings are.

Have a look under settings> battery and see what's using the juice. It should say "background activity" on items draining in the background.

8 hours 40 minutes usage isn't bad though depending what you do. I get about that but there is generally an hour of video streaming and maybe an hour of music in there depending on my commute.

3. Freakonomics101 macrumors 6502a

Freakonomics101

My problem was Facebook. This morning I woke up and saw my battery took a pretty decent hit overnight. Found out its Facebook. In the battery settings, it says Facebook was at 52%. Yikes! Deleted it right away and have noticed a big difference in the battery drain issue. I use Friendly now. Not as good but it's good for now. Will miss doing live video though. :/

4. mikejackson1996 thread starter Suspended

Found it what do you recommend and other issue I have the vibrate is low on the iPhone 6s Plus and even the 3D Touch is low But I can feel it is there something wrong with hardware

Can you help out

Attached Files:

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

So it looks like Facebook is the culprit. You only actively used it 38 minutes and its accounting for 21% of your battery drain. I'd work on that.

As far as 3D Touch and vibrate, it's hard to say. The vibrate is more subtle on a 6s series device than any previous model. The vibrate engine is actually quite different. It's more like a spring than a gyro.

I don't really know what you mean by 3D Touch being low.

6. mikejackson1996 thread starter Suspended

What I mean the vibrate is low compared to my loud one on my 6 4.7 I can feel the vibration but it's very low I barely hear it is that expected should it be low to hear

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Yes it should be almost inaudible. This is by design. It's apples Taptic Engine and it's different than the previous phones used before it.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

If you will throttle the Facebook use you will be fine. It is using most of your battery which is likely just fine.

10. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Sounds about right, you seem to be getting pretty good battery life. Remember that Apple builds stylish phones, slim and shiny are it's priorities. Battery life is secondary. Considering how thin my iPhone 6S Plus is, battery is about what I'd expect.

11. Freakonomics101 macrumors 6502a

Freakonomics101

OP: I will post results of my battery life for today once I get a good idea of how it is. I removed Facebook yesterday so today I'm starting out fresh. I think Facebook is your problem, at least one of the bigger ones.

12. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

How is your signal strength? This can also play a role in your battery life overnight, unless you put it on airplane mode. It is normal to lose 2-3% over night without even touching the phone. Mine loses about that much per night and I'm not concerned. Even though I only get 2-3 bars at my condo.

13. mikejackson1996 thread starter Suspended

I only get two bars in my house and wifi full strength