iPhone 6s Plus crashed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by teeburd, Sep 29, 2015.

1. teeburd macrumors newbie

Today my brand new phone became a brick for a couple of hours.... The home button became seriously hot. Took it to Apple Store, by then it had cooled (2 hours later) they rebooted it, couldn't find any thing wrong with it... Guess I'll just have to wait and see!

2. Neobond macrumors regular

Mine (Verizon 6s+ 64GB) is in an infinite reboot... tried restoring through iTunes with no luck.... I'm without a phone... and an alarm clock until I can get to an Apple store.... Lame.

3. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

PSA: hold down both the Home + Sleep/Wake buttons until it reboots and shows the Apple logo is case of emergency situations.

4. Neobond macrumors regular

Been there... done that, it was the only way I could get iTunes to restore.

5. teeburd thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Neobond macrumors regular

No it did not. First swipe to unlock would not work and leave the time half way off the screen, then reboot loops. Same thing after 2 restores.

7. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I had a nightmare with my 6S+ yesterday. I needed to use Google maps whilst out and for some reason the mobile data toggle kept switching off as soon as I had switched it on. So I did a reset all settings and the phone got stuck in a bootloop at the Apple logo. A hard reset didn't cure it either and it again became stuck at the Apple logo.

I took it home and tried to restore through iTunes but it wouldn't respond. I then put it into DFU mode and the restore quit halfway through with an error code three attempts on the trot. I was getting seriously worried at this point and thought there was a hardware fault but luckily the restore was a success at the fourth attempt.

I've since found out that the data toggle issue is widespread but the bootloop when trying to reset all settings is worrying, as are the numerous attempts to restore.

8. paula6989 macrumors newbie

The same thing happened to me today. I was in a meeting. When it was done I went to check my messages and my phone turned off on it own. The home button was burning hot! I knew it was fully charged before the meeting. It was hot for about 30 minutes. Then I held the home and power buttons and booted it up. I had to use a napkin to not burn my finger. As soon as it booted up it cooled off. It was so bizarre! Hope it doesn't happen again.

9. Benched08 macrumors regular

This is bizarre. The exact thing happened to me today, but I hard reset it with power + home button. I noticed how hot the home button was tho, it gave me some concern but it restarted fine and went back to normal immediately.

10. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

Same thing happened to mine overnight. My alarm never went off this morning, when I went to grab my phone it would not turn on. I did not notice any heat, but it did require a force restart to get the phone working again. It also did this to me the night before while listening to music connected to the Bluetooth in my car.

11. paula6989 macrumors newbie

I hope this is not a common problem! I would hate to have to exchange the phone. :(

12. kellte2 macrumors regular

Same thing happened to me overnight last night. Also saw a discussion on the official apple forums. Guessing it is a software issue given how many phones seem to be affected.

13. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Looks like Apple has some problems to fix for sure.

14. bambooshots macrumors 6502a

This is preposterous!

I'm sure you've lost credibility with some people here because everyone knows that the iPhone 6S Plus has absolutely no lag or any other issues due to 2GB RAM and the speedy A9 processor!

;)

15. Neobond macrumors regular

Tried turing on my phone this morning, after 4 DFU restores last night, it turned on! Started setting everything up as a new phone... and before I got into iOS boot loop again.... ugh

16. teeburd thread starter macrumors newbie

So far phone is working fine today.
    Tech at store told me to turn off most of locations & clean off opened apps.
    Also that phone being so new there was no data on issue... He wrote a detailed problem note in his files, so hopefully if enough people complain, they can fix it.

17. Neobond macrumors regular

It turned on around 2pm today! Didn't restore backup, just started as a new phone. Was setting up all the settings... got to photos turned off My Photo Stream... and it crashed... won't boot up... just apple logo.

18. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

Looks like we have HomeButtonGate now! Uh oh!

19. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

have had it turn off twice now for no reason full battery. Once was over night, good thing I don't need an alarm, and one was randomly during the day. Both required hard reset to start back up (home and power button at same time for 10 sec). This is bad I really hope 9.1 fixes it and it isn't hardware related.

btw 128 gb 6S

20. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Shouldn't the OS create a crash log? How is Apple not able to see this under diagnostics? This isn't accusatory (of Apple
    Or the OP), but a serious question. I thought we've moved beyond having to prove a a bug is existent (in person) in order to get a replacement?

21. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

Since only a few are experiencing it, I'd say it's probably hardware related. Why else would the home button turn into a hot coal? It's hardware related. Mine doesn't.

All you guys who are having problems should look up which factory your phone was made in and compare results.

22. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

Some, like me, don't elect to send Apple anonymous diagnostic info.

23. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

my home button doesn't get hot.

24. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

Then perhaps your problem could be software. Is your phone working now?

These other people's phones don't work at all.

25. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

y
    yep just randomly shuts off. I don't know how twitter really works but I saw an article about people tweeting both scenarios today. Only saw it because it happened the second time yesterday and I just remembered to see if there was an issue known or not.

anyways, works awesome when it isn't shut off and I love the upgrade. Hope it doesn't happen again then I may bring it up to the apple store.