iPhone 6s Plus crashed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by teeburd, Sep 29, 2015.

1. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I am talking about an OS crash log. All operating systems (should) log this in order to tell you what happened.bthis isn't the crash log that is anonymously sent, but something the OS logs and keeps on your device until that information is needed. In theory, Apple should be able to plug it into their diagnostic machine (when you take it to the Apple Store) and see what, if anything, went wrong. I know for a fact cellular radios are logged in this manner. I had a phone dropping calls, took it incl, they confirmed the system logged a dozen dropped calls (that day alone) and they swapped it out.

2. sunking101 macrumors 604

sunking101

The scorching home button might not be a hardware fault. It could be some software process keeping the Touch ID switched on and thus heating up the ring. The phone might then shutdown due to a temp warning?

3. Neobond macrumors regular

keeping everyone updated...

Turned on again, so I'm doing another full restore to iOS 9.0.2 that was just released... hope this works, and it was software, because I do not have time for an apple store trip... and they wont do anything if its not being faulty while I'm there.

Fingers Crossed.

4. MrJM macrumors 6502

MrJM

I've got a 6S and something similar happened to me! Pulled it out my pocket to check for any notifications in a training class in work (even though I have an Apple Watch, lol) the phone appeared dead. The only way to get it back on was to hold the home button and power button down at the same time. I don't recall the home button being warm but I wasn't really paying attention. Its been fine since!

5. samcheezay macrumors regular

put it in DFU mode and set it up as new OP. don't restore from backup ;)

6. Neobond macrumors regular

Finally brought my phone into apple, they could not fix it. Gave me a new one... Yay!

7. The Tos macrumors 6502a

I had the same issues with my 6s plus. Phone would not wake up and the home button was extemely hot. Held the power and home buttons until the phone reset. This was 4-5 days ago and I havent had a problem since. I will most likely take it to Apple if it happens again.