iPhone 6S Plus - Impressive Battery!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AbSoluTc, Nov 12, 2015.

1. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

i usually keep my phone plugged in when I sleep and while I am at work at my desk. I decided not to do that and see how long my phone would last. I am very impressed. Here's what I have...

image.png

2. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Yes even though it's smaller than 6+ my side by side test reveals it gets almost 80% as much run time as my 6+. That's not bad for a smaller battery. If it could get as much as mine I would have bought one. My wife is enjoying her 6S+ because she is a light user and doesn't need a longer life.

3. Hunk4u macrumors member

Nice to know that the iPhone battery is performing well on 6S plus (Y)

4. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

The battery is noticeably better on the new 6S+.

5. crawltochina macrumors member

Do you know which Chip (Samsung / TSMC) it has?

6. AbSoluTc thread starter macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

TSMC

7. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

Only took 5 replies, and here we go again.

8. iMatt. macrumors 6502

9. Ritte macrumors regular

Just to kill the subject, Samsung 6s+ and equal or better battery than my 6+.

I've only 1-2 bars where I live, 3 at best.

Attached Files:

10. crawltochina macrumors member

Sorry my post did not match your requirements for adequate discussing.

I was asking just out of interest. I have a TSMC and a Samsung chipped 6S+ here and am not sure which to keep. I would keep the Samsung if battery really is the same. I don't have time to test batteries in both before I need to return one. This is why I asked.

11. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

I never said you can't talk about whatever you want... I was just pointing out that "here we go again". Most of the battery threads have ended up in the wasteland because people go off battling about what chip is better. Its been talked about to death. It would be great if people could just by an iPhone and enjoy it rather than overanalyzing it to death for fear someone got one that was slightly better than theres. Does the batter life meet your needs? That's really the most important question.

12. jtwlbz macrumors 6502a

Coming from nexus phones.. Battery from my 6s+ is very impressive

13. mhdena macrumors 6502

I am very impressed with my 6s+, I've never gone below 75%, I do keep it topped off though. Much better than my 5 and 6 I still have and use as ipods.

Don't know what chip don't care as I'm not like the bozo who says he's exchanged 6 phone and counting looking for a particular chip.

14. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I've been seeing this TSMC/Samsung chip thing around the forums. What exactly is the TSMC/Samsung chip thing about?

15. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

Its about a lot of OCD people that can't deal with the fact that electronic components vary from one to the other. They figured out that Apple has two suppliers for the processor and given certain scenarios of testing they can get one to last longer than the other when comparing 2 phones. The same would be true with the same processor supplier as well. Any two electronic components will test differently. There are a lot of components in an iPhone. There have been some formal tests and as far as I'm concerned the results are inconclusive because some tests show one being better, and some show the other. Battery life is going to be more impacted by how you use your phone than which processor manufacturer you have. The crazy thing is there are people on here that have admitted to buying and returning perfectly good iPhones over and over... 10 times... to try and find the processor they want. Stuff like this is what causes companies to make their return policy less liberal.

16. yaboyac29 macrumors 6502a

17. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

True, but many people who have done exchanges for faulty screens etc and ended up trying both chips report approx one hour longer usage time with the TSMC. I've had a TSMC and four Samsungs. Only one Samsung chip has equalled the TSMC, in fact slightly bettered it, the rest were significantly worse.

18. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

An apples to apples battery test with typical usage for any particular person would be near impossible to pull off. The battery in any non-defective iPhone 6s's is so good that the marginal difference is irrelevant. Any of these self run tests are completely suspect because normal usage is not repeatable, and a lot of people are trying to exaggerate the situation. You are going to get variance with any two iPhones, regardless who made the chips.

19. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The silicon lottery means that no two chips are the same so we agree there. However, it is absolutely possible to have the same usage patterns most days. It depends who you are and what you do, but my usage is pretty regimented.

20. S.T.A.R. macrumors regular

S.T.A.R.

At first I was not overly impressed by the 6S+ (Samsung CPU) battery life, but after a few settings tweaks, it's excellent now! I really like this phablet!!

21. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I have never got below 24 hours total

Normally between 24-35

22. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

What settings did you exactly do ?

23. S.T.A.R. macrumors regular

S.T.A.R.

I have a highly customized "configurement" and would not know where to start. Most of it is not for the sole purpose of battery life, although it may still help. But I do have some of the usual stuff turned off including but not limited to Siri Suggestions in Spotlight, Background App Refresh, and Fitness Tracking in Motion & Fitness (I didn't need it tracking my steps).

24. AYNOM macrumors regular

iPhone 6S+ battery life is almost as good as.my Galaxy Note 3. Might have to buy it.