iPhone 6S Same Design?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by loon3y, Oct 11, 2014.

1. loon3y macrumors 65816

loon3y

I'm planning to get a Mophie battery case for the 6. i get it every other upgrade (last time i got it was with the 4S)

Im using a 6 Right now, and I'm going to upgrade to 6S next year.

Design should be the same right? i want to get the case knowing I'm going to use it for 4 years (i use old iPhones for overseas phones, I'm from the US so 2 year min wait for it to be unlocked)

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

If the follow the 5 to 5S and design in a touch home button, then cases which protected the previous home button no longer are ideal. Such as some with $80 lifeproof.

If they do like 4 to 4S and move sode controls, may not work..

If the may it thicker like 3G to 3Gs, may not work...

Track history not good for you...

3. terraphantm macrumors 68040

3G and 3GS were identical in thickness

Only the 4S was different (which at least shared its button placement with the CDMA iPhone 4)

4. Indecisi0n macrumors regular

Indecisi0n

5. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Yes. Apple has set a tick-tock precedent for sticking with the same design for two year cycles the last 6-years (3G/3Gs, 4/4s, 5/5s). Expect the 6s to be the same design as the 6.

6. Ashtar macrumors regular

It will probably be the same design with the interior a bit more supported becasue of the bend issue and then some different features.

7. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

The design itself will be the same. I do, however, expect a slight depth increase to reinforce the area of fatigue causing bend-gate.

By the was, is the Mophie 6 Battery Case out? Mophie has always been my #1 choice.

8. loon3y thread starter macrumors 65816

loon3y

not its not, I'm waiting for it. i have a Mophie Powerstation (which i got $25 bucks off, cuz microsoft stores gave you a $25 dollar coupon right when you got in :D) and Mophie Battery Pack Plus for the 4S.

That battery case, the outside is still in great condition and i dropped it more than a couple times. Other battery cases, the outside starts peeling and dirt, lint, and what not gets tuck to it like crazy.

Plus other cases might burn out the battery.

Mophie all the way. I'm thinking about getting the keychain Battery too.

The space pack is dope too, but i have 64GB and its really expensive.

like my 4S mophie case, I'm probably going to use this for about 5 years. (1 more year since my lil brother, for whatever reason didnt want his 6 upgrade, so i just took it, lol well i guess in the long run he wins because he doesnt have to pay for it)

9. mreg376 macrumors 6502a

mreg376

Get a $20 case and stop worrying about it.

10. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Nobody knows for sure, and nobody will know for sure, until the phone is released. Period. Dot.

11. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

I feel like if OP is rich enough to get a new phone every year, he/she should also be rich enough to buy a new battery case for it.:apple:

12. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

I would expect the design to stay the exact same.
    They're not going to make it thicker to fix the bending issue, they would make better interior reinforcement if anything.

13. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Nobody knows for sure. Apple has set a precedence for a tick-tock cadence of design and capability upgrades. But those were in the past. How Apple behaves in the future will be dictated by how the competitive landscape shapes up and Apple's determination of the impact of current design to future profits.

14. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

If I was a betting man, I would say it will be the same.

15. Rockies macrumors 6502

Likely the same design with improvement internal components.....camera, RAM, processor, etc......

16. loon3y thread starter macrumors 65816

loon3y

haha i dont get it every year, this year was a bit different because my lil bro didnt want to upgrade.

but its kind of a necessity for me to get newer phones because we're developers.

Huge difference between the actual device and Xcode's simulator.

anyways, its a $200 dollar upgrade. you cant afford to spend $200? thats like a weekend of drinking, if you're saving 2 weekends of drinking.

not that expensive. just stay in.

17. TheBonk macrumors 6502

TheBonk

I would expect that they'll make the camera flush with the back, as they'll likely find a way to shrink the camera. About the only design change I can think we'll see.

18. Zxxv macrumors 68040

same design better paint job on the back. They deliberately went with the attenna bands people dislike so they can tote the new look with the S model

/prediction