iPhone 6's will be SHIPPING Friday - Not necessarily delivered

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jrcsh6, Sep 10, 2014.

1. jrcsh6, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014

jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

Just checked in with the Apple Store chat people and they say they will ship Friday. They MAY get to your door that day or (probably more likely) on Saturday. They'll of course come quick but not a sure thing.

Also according to him they are not doing in store pick up reservations but if you select in store pick up it'll basically just mean you prepaid. ie - hope they have a phone in stock that you can get.

2. gstevie macrumors 6502

gstevie

There would be anarchy in the stores if people pre-ordrerd and Apple were "hoping" they could get you one. The pre-order goes live a week before pick up, preorders will get delivery to store of the exact amount of pre-orders and then an allocation of stock for on the day purchase.

3. Rafterman macrumors 68000

"Them"? I doubt anyone with whom any of us who could 'check in with" would know for sure about any of this information.

4. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

According to WHO? Who is They or Him? Assumed knowledge is a sign of schizophrenia.

5. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Sorry, phones will arrive on Friday the 19th. On every Iphone release with pre-orders, the phone has arrived on release day. no different this time around.

6. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

This is factual information. All you have to do is look back on previous iPhone releases to find this information.

7. jrcsh6 thread starter macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

Let's hope the guy was wrong! I'm hoping regarding delivery!

8. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

is the same procedure every year.....come on guys

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Wasn't the initial batch of the iPhone 5s last year shipped early but the shippers were ordered not to deliver them until Friday?

10. jrcsh6 thread starter macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

Whoops. I corrected. That was the Apple online store chat helper outer people.

11. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

No, that is BS. They usually ship a few days early. Hell, some people get their iPhones early.

I know for a fact that iPhone pre-orders from Apple.com and AT&T are delivery on release day. At least the first batch of pre-orders are. The delivery date on Apple.com starts to slip from release day as the pre-orders start to pile up.

12. whiteshadoww macrumors 6502

whiteshadoww

I also found it odd that Phil Schiller said they will SHIP on the 19th. I wonder if Phil was mistaken. Pre-order history, as mentioned by slippery-pete, has always been delivery on the date they go on sale.

13. drober30 macrumors 6502a

In the past, phones going to stores have already shipped to distribution centers or will soon. They will be delivered to Apple stores a day or two before the 19th so they are ready on the 19th.

Pre ordered phones from China will ship early and be held by the shipper (UPS/FedEx) until Friday the 19th. Then they will be "out for delivery". A signature is usually required so keep that in mind.

In the past there have been people who have received their phone early, before the 19th in this case, because the shipper did not hold it like they were suppose to. This is rare but has happened.

I will wake up at 2:55am and order. I have done this once before. It may not be necessary but I'm not willing to wait 3 weeks after launch or chase down a phone (two for that sake)

14. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

They say this every year and every year they're on our doorsteps release day.

15. jrcsh6 thread starter macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

I know. I've always got it in the mail on the launch day but Phil did say SHIP and then the chat guy confirmed. Hoping for the best, if not, another day isn't going to kill anyone! (but it does sort of suck)

16. turbo350z macrumors newbie

Yup, happens every year. Normally shipped on Monday and arrives at a local hub on wed. It then sits there for 2 days until they are alowed to deliver. Per apples instructions. I was one of the lucky ones who got it a day early by accident on the ip5 release.

17. mantan macrumors 68000

And there will be threads with people tracking planes from Asia. There will be panicked threads from people who dont' see a status change on their phone. (Which will suddenly become active at a US distribution center midweek.) People will hound and harass Fed Ex drivers to give them their package early. People pester the people at the distribution site trying to get their device early. People will miss deliveries or have their package go somewhere else and rant and rave that Fed Ex/UPS is terrible. There will be a dozen 'got it' threads on Friday afternoon followed by the inevitable 'it's great!/'it sucks!'.

Wash, rinse and repeat.

18. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

They didn't have the 5s available for pre-order last year though... Maybe you're talking about the 5c?

19. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

He is just using the word "ship" generically to simplify things. Early pre-orders will arrive on the 19th, just like they always have.

Apple WANTS you to pre-order! They want you to be happy and not come to the store where you will wait on long lines, overload the already overloaded staff, and potentially be unhappy. There will be plenty of people waiting in line, but they don't want the headaches of the iPhone 4 (I think) and iPad 2 no pre-order debacles!

20. itjw macrumors 65816

Every year threads like this happen...

If you pre-order you will get your phone on launch day. Maybe a day early. PERIOD.

If an act of god makes you get your phone a day later, somehow, some way, maybe through the use of extensive medical technology: YOU WILL SURVIVE.

But there is no neeed to worry because it won't happen. Just pre-order. Sheesh.:rolleyes:

21. franpincho macrumors newbie

Guys, at what time do preorders start? I know it's September 12, but is there an actual timeframe? As in 12:01? Is that what it is?

If so, I'm assuming Pacific time?

Appreciate the help in advance.

22. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Going by previous years, he is wrong on both accounts. It will be delivered on the 19th, just like every other year. If store pickup is available at pre-order, there will be one reserved for you to pick up in store.

23. dave420 macrumors 65816

I wouldn't say "every other year" because it was different last year, as other posters have noted. Last year they did not start shipping online 5s orders until the day the phones were released in the stores. So you could get your phone from the store a week or so earlier than if you ordered online. Preorders were for the 5c only.

This year it sounds like they are going back to shipping them to arrive on release date.

24. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Bingo. Honestly, the logistics that Apple and the shipping companies use are amazing. The sheer amount of phones they need to move on launch day must be crazy, especially if Apple is instructing them to hold them, if they get there early.

25. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

It's all part of delivery day entertainment. :D