Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i_love_polt_havemybabies

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
CA
So I got 3 spare Lightning -> 3.5mm dongles. Guess what? THEY PASS AUDIO ONLY! Your in-line controls will NOT work, even though they worked with the 3.5mm jack on your iPhone 6s!

Now excuse me while I go flip a table... T_T

EDIT: Plug headphones into adapter and then adapter into phone, then the controls are detected!

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueline29

crisandria

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
CT
I ordered an extra one so I'd have one for each of my headsets. Don't have the new iPhone 7 yet. I did get the spare one and just tried it. My Bose earbuds controls work with my iPhone 6+ using it.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
This for real? Try another pair. If so there will be a lot of angry people.
Good thing I switched to Bluetooth years ago so doesn't bother me much. But damn

i_love_polt_havemybabies

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
CA
I connected another pair, and they didn't work either. Then on a whim I tried connecting the earbuds to the adapter and then the adapter to the phone: Behold, they work! Super psyched to see I was wrong, especially since I stocked up on Skullcandy Fixes a few months ago!

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Lol so you have to plug the adapter into the headphones first then into the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.