Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What size and configuration will you order

• iPhone 7 32 g

Votes: 90 3.2%
  • iPhone 7 128 g

Votes: 396 14.2%
  • iPhone 7 256 g

Votes: 82 2.9%
  • iPhone 7 Plus 32 g

Votes: 160 5.7%
  • iPhone 7 Plus 128 g

Votes: 1,427 51.3%
  • iPhone 7 Plus 256 g

Votes: 702 25.2%

• Total voters

ATEspo

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Question for all you Apple.com pre-order folks...
I reserved a phone to pickup in store today, as my online order is STILL processing. I am wondering when I should cancel my existing order so it doesn't interfere with the phone I am going to go pickup in store today. Should I wait until I get to the Apple Store to cancel my online order or does it take some time to process and I should cancel my online order now.

Thanks!

Wrog

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2014
PacNW
I called UPS and they said it was stuck at customs. How in the world are they having problems with iPhones at customs? You would think Apple or UPS would plan ahead and let China know what the deal is....
Probably an excuse because they don't know why it's stuck.

yankeebobo

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2014
Somewhere in my head
I reserved a phone to pickup in store today, as my online order is STILL processing. I am wondering when I should cancel my existing order so it doesn't interfere with the phone I am going to go pickup in store today. Should I wait until I get to the Apple Store to cancel my online order or does it take some time to process and I should cancel my online order now.

Thanks!
Go down, wait until they confirm they have one and then cancel. It's not along process at all. I've heard some canceling only to not have the one in the store and then back of the line.

Jimbo Asprilla

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2009
my tracking information is still unchanged but I just got an email from UPS alerting me that its scheduled to be delivered tomorrow......

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011

Thanks!
You certainly can cancel your pre-order when you are at the store, even if you ordered using the carrier finance option, those will reset on the spot.

ATEspo

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Go down, wait until they confirm they have one and then cancel. It's not along process at all. I've heard some canceling only to not have the one in the store and then back of the line.

You certainly can cancel your pre-order when you are at the store, even if you ordered using the carrier finance option, those will reset on the spot.

Thanks guys, I will wait until I get into the store and make sure they have what I reserved before I cancel.
Now, I just have to hope my luck isn't the worst and my phone get shipped today before I make it into the store.

infinitejest

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2016
Orange County, CA
Once it ships I have to wait to get it in my hands to return it, right?
Plus if it ships, I can't cancel the order, thus making my AT&T Next upgrade used up by the phone that I pre-ordered.

Well, go to the Apple store, tell them they have a phone waiting for you to be picked up, wait for the employee getting it for you, if you have it in your hands, put your phone out of your pocket (or use one of the Macs in the store) and go to the website, cancel your order, tell the employee you'd like to purchase the phone, have fun with your new iPhone 7 :)

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Once it ships I have to wait to get it in my hands to return it, right?
Plus if it ships, I can't cancel the order, thus making my AT&T Next upgrade used up by the phone that I pre-ordered.
If it ships, you can't cancel and your AT&T Next upgrade is used, and therefore the reserved one you will have to pay in full price or add to a different line.

Reactions: KdParker

rayricepudding

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012

Thanks!

WAIT UNTIL YOU GET TO THE STORE! I did the same thing (AT&T Next pre-order and wanted to switch the reserved in-store phone to Next). I waited to cancel until I got into the store, then changed my payment methodology. It all worked out, but if you've reserved the one in the store through the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program (IUP), you may get push back. That's what I did, and I got lucky - it sounds like they may have started cracking down on that in the last couple days (there was an article on this site about it, not sure how true it is though).

Just make sure the associate at the store has your back and will wait with you until your cancellation goes through. Mine went through within five minutes.

okdothis

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
I live in Louisville and my iPhone arrived on Saturday morning with everyone else. Out for delivery today, finally! Hoping to have the 7+ in my hands soon :)

Kilo-9

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
b5e3fc5f29637140665e95dd20f25920.jpg

Finally, my phone arrived this morning. Despite the saga that was the preorder/shipping process, it's one day earlier than what Apple quoted. Best of luck to all of you that are still waiting! See you all next preorder/launch/tracking cycle!

Reactions: Wrog

Wrog

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2014
PacNW
I have a package arriving from China today via UPS. Unfortunately, it's just my new laptop from work and not the package I would rather be getting. :confused: New phone and watch still processing, processing, processing. ETA for phone (AT&T 7+ 128GB Black, ordered 9/9/16): 10/4-10/10, ETA for watch (SS 42 S2 White band, ordered 9/13/16): 10/12-10/25.

Superx520

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
Still processing.

7+ 128gb MB AT&T
Email confirmation xx:41 on 9/9

What is the latest xx:xx time that has an updated status to shipped?

Yerimedrano

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2015
I wonder when is this going to change 16 almost 17 days and keeps processing. They should have put one month instead of 2-3 weeks, is this package coming from other world, ? Hurry up with that package before I get pisseed off

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    231.8 KB · Views: 99

ATEspo

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
WAIT UNTIL YOU GET TO THE STORE! I did the same thing (AT&T Next pre-order and wanted to switch the reserved in-store phone to Next). I waited to cancel until I got into the store, then changed my payment methodology. It all worked out, but if you've reserved the one in the store through the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program (IUP), you may get push back. That's what I did, and I got lucky - it sounds like they may have started cracking down on that in the last couple days (there was an article on this site about it, not sure how true it is though).

Just make sure the associate at the store has your back and will wait with you until your cancellation goes through. Mine went through within five minutes.

Well when I reserved it, it didn't ask me what method I wanted to use to pay for the phone, unless I skipped that at 12:30am with my half open eyes. In the email I got, it says I can change the form of payment up to carrier financing, or purchase at full price.

Thanks for everyone's input, I hope I finally have an iP7+ in my hands after work.

Bobby Boucher

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
According to iStocknow.com, the only Apple store in the US with any matte black or jet black 7+ iPhones with more than 32gb is in Miami Beach. So they get to live in Miami Beach and have iPhones!

Reactions: heather181

Wrog

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2014
PacNW
Well when I reserved it, it didn't ask me what method I wanted to use to pay for the phone, unless I skipped that at 12:30am with my half open eyes. In the email I got, it says I can change the form of payment up to carrier financing, or purchase at full price.

Thanks for everyone's input, I hope I finally have an iP7+ in my hands after work.
I think that reserving and purchasing online/in-store pickup are two different things. Purchasing locks in the use of the phone upgrade, the reservation just has them hold a phone they have in stock until it's paid for in the store.

pcomey06

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
my tracking information is still unchanged but I just got an email from UPS alerting me that its scheduled to be delivered tomorrow......
Same situation. Two location scans in ZhengZhou, no movement since then, and UPS is telling me I'll have my phone tomorrow... I find that a little hard to believe.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere

Thanks!
Did you do an upgrade from you carrier?

jsmitty

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
NC
Any reason why my wife couldn't return an ip7+ I purchased through iup without me present?

It was an att model and I decided to order a phone through sprint that arrived today. We're about 1.5 hrs from the nearest Apple Store and she is scheduled to be in Raleigh this week and I don't want to have to drive there if I don't have to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.