Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

majkom

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 3, 2011
I dont like X series, and have to buy new iPhone. Been thinking aboutio 8 plus but ip 7 plus is much cheaper... so, what do you think, will 7 plus be ok for at least 2 years?

Last edited:

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
If you’re looking for 2 years then yeah, but it really depends on your budget. Whatever works.

majkom

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Look, i do think that wireless charging is nice to have and i would really like true to e and hdr display BUT i need at least 128GB so i would have to buy 256 8plus so pri e sifferwnce would be 300USD (where I live) - not worth if 7 plus will be fine for 2 more years... and I dont feel comfortable paying too much for old models.
Thats my reasoning for now;)

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
Yeah, it would hold up for two years. I'd suggest keeping it in the iOS version it comes with. If you do so, I can assure you it would last for the two years you intend it to, without issues.

majkom

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Obviously I do plan upgr ios, thats what the question is about, whether 7 plus will be good witho ios 13 and 14:)

azbronco

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2018
I just bought a 7 a few months ago and updated it to current iOS. It works great--does everything I need it to do way cheaper than a Xs or Xr even... I expect it will last at least 2 or 3 years--and by then the Xs will probably be selling for $500.

Reactions: yaboid01

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
I'd pony up for the 8. It'll last longer. Probably worth getting Apple Care if it's available, too.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Obviously I do plan upgr ios, thats what the question is about, whether 7 plus will be good witho ios 13 and 14:)

No one can answer that question. The A10 fusion processor is still relevant, but to what extent and how will perform on iOS 13 or later? There are so many variables here, the only way of knowing is once that version of iOS is available to experience it firsthand.

Ixon2001

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2017
Wigan UK
I've just picked up an brand new iPhone 7 32GB couple of days ago to replace my SE, cost me £404 with the Wife discount.

To me this is a decent upgrade over the SE while not costing the earth & still remaining relatively compact, I don't need alot of storage I'm still left with over 17GB after installing the few apps i use & have 50GB of iCloud storage for photo's ect.

I still think the A10 good for another couple of years at least so iOS 13 & possibly 14 will run just fine on it as long as 2GB phones remain on the market which the iPhone 8 will take the iPhone 7 place after September this year..

I'll pick the XR next once that been on the market for couple of years probably around the price i just bought the iPhone 7 for.

Reactions: MikeS.7456

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
All of you will be in for a shock when iOS 13 is released. Expect your battery life to be reduced by 2 hrs with a fresh battery (which you won’t get). And I wouldn’t be surprised if anything older than an iPhone 8 is slowed down badly so people are forced to upgrade.

iOS 13 will likely be the worst optimised iOS in history to force people to upgrade. Don’t ask for proof, those who are smart enough know this already. Those who aren’t smart enough won’t understand this until their older phones are rendered useless.

I could be wrong. But I doubt it after this quarter’s results.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
All of you will be in for a shock when iOS 13 is released. Expect your battery life to be reduced by 2 hrs with a fresh battery (which you won’t get). And I wouldn’t be surprised if anything older than an iPhone 8 is slowed down badly so people are forced to upgrade.

iOS 13 will likely be the worst optimised iOS in history to force people to upgrade. Don’t ask for proof, those who are smart enough know this already. Those who aren’t smart enough won’t understand this until their older phones are rendered useless.

Don't ask for proof...but you could be wrong. So basically really nothing one way or another.

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
Don't ask for proof...but you could be wrong. So basically really nothing one way or another.

Yes. Possible. But very unlikely. Tim Cook has given all the hints we need. He wants people to upgrade.

iTurbo

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
I have had the 'normal' iPhone 7 since launch day in 2016. I still feel absolutely no reason to upgrade. In fact, it is far more phone than I actually need, but everybody's usage is different. It works. Works perfect. Still looks brand new. Kudos to Apple for that, but I have never felt the need for anything more.

I do wish it were actually smaller. If Apple made an "iPhone Nano" so to speak, I would probably buy that.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016

here you go again!

The earth is flat. Don’t ask for proof, smart people already know it!

Exactly!

KOTN91

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2017
Exactly the same? Don’t think so look at the spec sheet they clearly aren’t.

They are to all intents and purposes

My point still stands. The 8 offers no noticeable upgrade over the 7. Either get the 7 or XR/XS. Literally no point in the 8

macophile90

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2018
Im using the 7 Plus for more than 2 years now and will use it for at least another 2 years. Its just a really good phone and the performance is as good as in the first days.

I would recommend the 7 over the 8 in your case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.