iPhone 7 battery on eBay?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by huffy15, Oct 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. huffy15 macrumors regular

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I wouldn't do it. I would opt for an OEM Apple
    Battery. You might spend more, but You will have better results and longevity, and you will avoid any issues with third party batteries. There have been lots of threads of those trying to save money by purchasing third party batteries with issues later on and they regretted it.

3. huffy15 thread starter macrumors regular

Interesting thx

4. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

Do you actually have any issues that require a new battery? Apple says they’re built to last 1000 cycles.

5. Hater macrumors 6502a

Hater

If it's still under warranty and not performing well, Apple will replace it for free.

I've never had an eBay battery that wasn't crap, even "genuine" ones

6. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

I wouldn't bother with those. i went the iFixit route and just installed it myself yesterday on my iPhone 6 which had over 800 cycles and couldn't last an hour off the charger. 10x better today.

7. BenTrovato macrumors 68030

BenTrovato

Worth it to spend extra on an Apple battery. 100% - try eBay first if you need to learn your lesson.

8. Minho macrumors regular

Minho

I would avoid eBay batteries. Some eBay sellers have good quality products but most of the garbage that no other reputable vendor wants to sell ends up on eBay. That's why it has such a bad reputation. As yanki01 suggested, iFixit sells good quality batteries and it is a relatively easy DIY repair.

9. Billburns macrumors 6502

Billburns

Where can you buy actual OEM batteries for an iPhone?

All the ones on the net that claim OEM or genuine are nothing but HQ aftermarket to fool people

10. Minho macrumors regular

Minho

The only place to get a true OEM battery is via Apple. there are good quality batteries out there though. iFixit & eTradeSupply are places I have ordered from and I have been very satisfied. The problem with batteries right now is getting them shipped internationally.