Iphone 7 image quality patchy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lohon, Oct 25, 2016.

1. lohon macrumors newbie

Hi, got the iPhone 7 last week and notice that when taking photos indoor the face appears over retouched or quite patchy. E.g. in the photo of my daughter, zoomed in to show you what I mean. I know lighting is an issue since it's evening time and in the kitchen. Is this normal?

Attached Files:

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Looks like the photo was taken using the Digital Zoom. Can you screen shot and post a picture of the current settings of the camera when the app is open?

3. yomnym, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016

yomnym macrumors 6502

yomnym

My pictures, in low light conditions, look the same when zooming in. No using digital zoom or any form of zoom while taking photos. I think it's always been this way. Android camera's in my opinion have always been better in this section.

Just took this right now, not zoom. Inside my job with fluorescent lights. See the patchyness.

[​IMG]

4. techspin macrumors 6502a

Jesus. Is that granola? A chewed up tamale? Cookie dough? Foie gras? Wet dog food?

What was your question again? Oh yes, low light + zoom on a camera phone = crappy photos.

5. zeejaydee macrumors member

there's certainly something going on with the processing of photos when it comes to skin tone. it's trying to even out the skin tone and it's making it look off. I'm not a fan

6. tvbi macrumors member

It's the aggressive noise reduction from the stock camera app. Try Microsoft Pix app and compare.