iPhone 7 iOS 10 Bluetooth disconnect/reconnect.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dreamliner330, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Dreamliner330, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016

Dreamliner330 macrumors 6502a

Anyone getting disconnect/reconnect issues with their 7/iOS 10?

For the second time today, without touching my phone, I've hear my Bluetooth say "disconnected" followed immediately by "connected ."

I've had ZERO problems with this Bluetooth on my 6.

What's going on?

2. Dreamliner330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. mdlyen macrumors newbie

I have noticed that Bluetooth seems a little flakey. The Bluetooth in my Toyota and my BT headphones started having audio dropouts. My 6S+ was fine as well, but this is starting to get annoying. I haven't had any actual disconnections, but I wonder if they changed the location of the BT antenna and that is contributing to the issue. If I pull my phone off my dashboard holder and place it on the center console, the problem goes away.

4. Ngamtns706 macrumors regular

On CarPlay sometimes it does it but it did it before. Usually when it wants to tell me how far to work or home or something that I didn't request.

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yes I have had this but I haver also had it before the update too.

6. TurboPGT! Suspended

Are you using QY8's?

7. iJcaP macrumors 6502

Same here. It randomly disconnects. iPhone 7 Plus

8. elfxmilhouse macrumors 6502a

i have the same issue.
    bluetooth audio disconnects with my car and my headphones.
    I also use Tile and that app keeps resetting the bluetooth every few seconds.

only happens with iphone 7 and ios 10. I have an ipad mini 4 and a 5s with the same ios and they don;'t have the issue. I've seen the issue on two iphone 7s so far.

9. Dreamliner330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm. Seems like most are having this issue. I wonder if it's a 7 thing or an iOS 10 thing...

I've got a Plantronics BT.

10. TurboPGT! Suspended

It is very common for Bluetooth audio to have issues with new version of iOS and new firmware. Most are resolved over time, but the lack of consistency in bluetooth hardware and driver support is the issue.

11. Dreamliner330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

In general, and more things than just Bluetooth, I fail to understand how Apple consistently manages to break things that have worked perfectly fine in previous version of iOS. They're not reinventing the wheel.

12. TurboPGT! Suspended

Yes, that much is clear.

As I said, it is very common for some bluetooth hardware to have issues with newly released versions of iOS, and new firmware editions.

Not all bluetooth hardware. You're free to maintain your position that "Apple broke it" but that's not the way things are in the real world. In some cases Apple makes necessary changes to bluetooth driver support. In other cases, certain bluetooth hardware requires its own firmware update for improved compatibility.

Believe it or not, the rather cheaply made (but not cheaply sold) Plantronics hardware probably lacks proper support. However in some cases, iOS maintenance updates will improve support for some hardware.

13. Dreamliner330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bluetooth works perfectly.
    Apple updates iOS.
    Bluetooth now has issues.
    Bluetooth's fault.

Got it.

#getreal.

14. TurboPGT! Suspended

Yes that is what I expect from a typical end user who wants no part of troubleshooting or reality of updates.

15. Dreamliner330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

#holdingitwrong

16. daijholt macrumors 65816

daijholt

I'm noticing dodgy Bluetooth connection when using low power mode. My power beats will randomly cut out mid song every few seconds, but won't completely disconnect. I turn low power off and everything works fine again. Seem a like a bug.

17. Dreamliner330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is low power mode something with Beats? I didn't see any Bluetooth options on the phone, other than on/off.

18. tuukka87 macrumors regular

tuukka87

Having this issue as well. 7+. Keeps disconnecting and connecting to my apple watch. Wont connect to my car bluetooth no matter what I try.

19. elfxmilhouse macrumors 6502a

I think its a iphone 7 thing. I
    you said the bluetooth worked fine on your 6.

i think this issue is specific to the 7. i've tested two iphone 7s and they both have the bluetooth issues.
    on a 5s and the 6 i had good bluetooth performance on ios 9 and on ios 10. the update didn't change anything on the older phones in my experience.

the 7 always came with ios 10 so theres no real before and after situation with it.

20. jtwlbz macrumors 6502a

Connection to my car has no problem initially then the audio stops and lose connection. This is ridiculus.

21. jtwlbz macrumors 6502a

I just tried 10.1 beta same problem. I have to return my 7+ for this

22. Dreamliner330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was being sarcastic. TurboPGT! is trying to say the Bluetooth issues that started with iOS10/iP7 is the headsets fault. lol.

23. Stinsle macrumors member

Stinsle

I have had the same problem. I have to say, though, that I had the same problem with my 6+. I have been using a Plantronics Edge. I even bought a new one while using my 6+. The new one has the same problem. I sometimes have to take it out of my ear because it gets annoying connecting and disconnecting.

24. TitsLegendary macrumors 6502

Yeah? Going that far? Not going to try and wait for a software update?

25. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Same problem in my BMW. My 7+ works fine in my pocket or near the center console. But put it closer to the dash in the cup holder and forget it. Connection very intermittent. My 6s+ never had a problem. Aaaargh....