iPhone 7(+) iPhone 7 issues! Software or Hardware?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Uplift, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Uplift macrumors 6502

I'm having some problems with my iphone 7. I thought I would ask here first before the 80 miles round trip to the nearest Apple store.

Some of the issues I am experiencing are:

- I can't make or receive calls. My phone does ring (or rings out), when the call is answered I can't hear anything and the caller can't hear me. I've tried through loud speaker and through my watch, it's as if the call is completely dead. On some occasions I'll get 'Call Failed' after 10 seconds.

- Clicking into the camera app and selecting a different mode (ie.. from Photo to Video) will cause the viewport from the camera lens to completely freeze. The UI still works as I can switch between modes but the video image is completely dead.. after around 10 seconds it will start working.

- However, I can't record any videos.. Clicking record doesn't do anything, the time never starts counting. The red record button changes to the square for around 5 seconds, then it cancels and goes back to the circle, no video is ever recorded.

- The phone in general just seems sluggish in some areas.

I updated to the latest iOS firmware and then completed a factory reset and it worked for around 24 hours. It seemed really fast and all functions worked. I just tried it again and all the issues have come back.

The only thing that has changed in this time is that ive re-paired my Apple watch to my device this morning. I've unpaired my watch and it didn't make much difference.

Any ideas?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

If you did a factory reset and did not use your backup, I would think it is a hardware problem.

Try calling Apple to see if they can run a remote diagnostic on your device.

Let us know how it turns out.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Try doing a factory reset and setting up as new. See if that changes things. Otherwise, call/visit Apple.

4. Uplift thread starter macrumors 6502

I spoke to Apple on chat and they wanted over £300 before they even sent me a box to send it back for repair.

If thats the cost i'll probably try and live with it until my upgrade in September.