Resolved iPhone 7 Plus - AirDrop stuck on "Receiving..."

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by geekonthepc, Oct 20, 2016.

1. geekonthepc macrumors member

geekonthepc

Hi all

I've got a small (but annoying) problem with my iPhone 7 Plus and wondered if anyone else has seen the same.

Essentially, if I pull up my Control Centre, the AirDrop button constantly says "AirDrop: Receiving..." even though I know it isn't! I can switch it on or off by clicking on the button, but it always reverts to the above when off. I've tried disabling AirDrop in Restrictions, and sending/receiving AirDrop files to/from my Mac with no avail. Tried a reboot too. This has been happening since I got it and restored it from my iCloud backup.

Has anyone else seen this and better still got a fix?

Cheers all.

Attached Files:

2. lolitsDanny macrumors newbie

lolitsDanny

Yes I had this problem when going from my 6+ to an SE and it would actually say sent on the other persons phone, but I would receive nothing. I ended up wiping the phone and starting from scratch and no issues since then. Seems a little extreme but it worked and hope this helps.

3. geekonthepc thread starter macrumors member

geekonthepc

Yeah I just can't seem to get it to stop saying "Receiving...". Don't understand it.

Don't really want to restore it if I can avoid it but I might not have any choice.

Any other thoughts anyone?

Cheers

4. itsmefudge macrumors regular

itsmefudge

What does it say when you have BT and wifi turned on- mine says "receiving Off" when those radios are turned off

5. geekonthepc thread starter macrumors member

geekonthepc

Still having grief with this sadly. I tried re-restoring from a backup but no luck. Don't really want to do a clean restore as I'll loose all my texts, call logs, app data etc. Might see if iOS 10.1 fixes it - hopefully that's out shortly.

Also, if I try and update my phone number in Phone settings, it says "Phone number could not be saved". Is this also a known issue?

Seems buggy as hell at the moment :(

6. Galacticos macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

7. recklesslife85 macrumors 6502

recklesslife85

It's not receiving it's just short for receiving off, apple need to change the wording. It's off so don't worry about it

8. geekonthepc thread starter macrumors member

geekonthepc

Ohh yeah so it is! Thank you for that clarification! Just put my device and landscape and saw. You're a lifesaver, thank you for taking that off my mind!

9. Aadiscifi macrumors newbie

I was Facing Same Issue Then My Mind suddenly Strikes on Turning Off Restrictions
    Go to Setting - general- restrictions
    Then turn of the restriction pf Airdrop
    IMG_0109.PNG