Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nathasnajperowa

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2016
This screen vibrations are caused by Taptic Engine feedback and really like it. Nice impression when playing games or listening to podcasts. You can disable it in settings-sounds&vibration. Last item listed is haptic feedback.

Reactions: Gathomblipoob

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
This screen vibrations are caused by Taptic Engine feedback and really like it. Nice impression when playing games or listening to podcasts. You can disable it in settings-sounds&vibration. Last item listed is haptic feedback.

I have no problem with the screen vibrating, either. It's what happens when a speaker is in close proximity to a planar surface. My car door panels do it all the time. :)

Reactions: 44267547

Liamster

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2016
Just to add my experience -
I replaced my 7+ screen at the Apple Store at the weekend and now it vibrates as described above when it never did before.

whitegrizzly

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2017
Easy fix - Just go into :

Settings -> accessibility-> noise cancellation

Slide the slider all the way left or right

• That disables the top speaker causing the vibration to the screen / case

• don't forget to centre it when using your headphones

My new iPhone 7 Plus 128GB matte black has a screen vibration issue when I'm playing audio.

When I am listening to a podcast, or playing a song, there seems to be excessive screen vibrations when I place my finger on the screen. It's like the audio vibrates the entire screen. I often like to put my phone in my front shirt pocket and play music / podcasts when I'm walking. Now it feels like i'm receiving vibrating text messages the whole time.

I don't have this issue with my 6 Plus and 6s Plus screens. Those screens are solid. I'm not sure if this is due to the new stereo speakers being much louder on the phone. Or maybe the screen is not glued on tight enough?

Anyone else notice this issue? Play some music or a podcast on your phone. Place finger on the screen. Does it vibrate excessively?

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
Mine doesn't do this that I can notice. I do like that the sound is stereo now. Thought it was a stupid marketing "feature" but I find it pretty dang useful. Good work Apple (now replace the battery in my iPhone 6)

Reactions: Gathomblipoob

Nikolaijones

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2018
My new iPhone 7 Plus 128GB matte black has a screen vibration issue when I'm playing audio.

When I am listening to a podcast, or playing a song, there seems to be excessive screen vibrations when I place my finger on the screen. It's like the audio vibrates the entire screen. I often like to put my phone in my front shirt pocket and play music / podcasts when I'm walking. Now it feels like i'm receiving vibrating text messages the whole time.

I don't have this issue with my 6 Plus and 6s Plus screens. Those screens are solid. I'm not sure if this is due to the new stereo speakers being much louder on the phone. Or maybe the screen is not glued on tight enough?

Anyone else notice this issue? Play some music or a podcast on your phone. Place finger on the screen. Does it vibrate excessively?
It is the top speaker causing it, and the screen almost acts as a resonator for the bass produced by the top speaker. You might not have anticipated this because the top earpiece speaker in the 7+ does sound tinny and like a tweeter, but it indeed has bass and trouble, but it is very lacking in the mids. If you put your ear up to the earpiece speaker when playing a song with bass, you will hear the bass and it is quite punchy for such a tiny speaker. In the final months i had my 7+ before i got the X, i think i must have gotten some dirt in my earpiece speaker or water that never got out because it became crackly-sounding. The X, however, as well as the 8, claim to have more bass, which the speakers may have but it is not nearly as punching as on the 7+ because the glass panel is more solid perhaps a slight increase in waterproofing and the panel is smaller so it has less area to reverberate the sound in. I miss the bass that my 7+ speakers had over my X. I am not sure if the 8+ screen is more solid than the 7+’s. Apple may or may not have tried to fix it, if they even saw it as an issue or not.

Reactions: yOyOYoo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.