iPhone 7 plus FaceTime static sound

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by supernet33, Nov 6, 2016.

1. supernet33, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016

supernet33 macrumors regular

I noticed that there is static popping sound when I try to FaceTime with my iPhone 7 plus. If I turn off the phone and back on it goes away for a little bit but comes back.

Anyone else noticed this?

2. petbird macrumors newbie

petbird

you will want to go ahead and take advantage of your 1 year warranty and get it replaced for free. Heard from a bird a lot of new iPhone 7s experiencing this.

3. supernet33 thread starter macrumors regular

Does a replacement fix this? It isn't a software issue? Thanks

4. petbird macrumors newbie

petbird

I recommend backing up and restoring via iTunes. Yes the warranty would cover the issue if their is no major signs of physical damage. https://support.apple.com/kb/ph12521?locale=en_US check out this article maybe search around for a 'iTunes iphone back up and restore'

5. supernet33 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I know how to do a restore... this iPhone is only 1 week old and I didn't do a restore of my back up.

Am I the only one having this issue? it is only when I do FaceTime and it is 5 times out of 10

6. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

The static noise appears to be a recurring problem with iPhone 7 units whenever the camera is in use, or if the processor is being taxed.

7. supernet33 thread starter macrumors regular

Do you have any forums or websites I can see? I just want to make sure I am not the only one... would an exchange fix this issue?

8. anonymous guy macrumors 6502