Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hello.. somebody knows when will be available iPhone 7 plus on apple. com?

• Total voters

reniero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2016
Hello.. somebody knows when will be available iPhone 7 plus on apple. com?

Florida Gator

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2004
Available from launch in the UK (he says typing on his sim free iPhone 7+ 128gb black).
I wonder why they don't do that in the US.

Historically, 99.99% of people bought cell phones on carrier-subsidized, two-year contracts. They now do payment plans, but it's essentially the same thing. Since 99.99% of US customers still get their phone through a carrier or seemingly tied to a carrier, Apple funnels all their early production to there. When they catch up to the demand, then they can sell SIM-free ones.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I want to buy on the apple site, because I live outside Us.
How are you going to buy a sim-free model when you live outside the US? Do you plan on visiting US or hoping that by the time you visit the US that the Sim-free model will be available?

rainafterthesun

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
If you get the sprint or Verizon version and pop out the sim, it's essentially sim free

Ironically enough SE sim free version doesn't work in Asia and they'd have to buy the sprint one and pop out the sim.

mikezmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2014
NH
Most countries in Europe have GSM. In the US Verizon (and I believe sprint ) are CDMA. They do not mix. You need the right technology for your carrier.

Apple will sell an unlocked carrier free phone later on after the initial release sales. They will have both versions. CDMA and GSM. (if the CDMA is sim free I don't know. I do see that someone mentioned that you can remove the sim)

As to when, I personally have never known Apple to release a date on the unlocked phones but they could.

mikezmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2014
NH
FYI if you buy an iPhone outright in full you do get an unlocked phone the same as they will sell later. I did this with my 6s plus

rainafterthesun

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Most countries in Europe have GSM. In the US Verizon (and I believe sprint ) are CDMA. They do not mix.

You believe wrong.

See model numbers in attached file.

See both cdma and gsm.

See sprint and Verizon on the right hand side for corresponding carriers.

Attachments

• IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: mikezmac

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Apple will sell an unlocked carrier free phone later on after the initial release sales.

Poor your souls who MUST be the first one in the block, check every 5 minutes on UPS status, u get a locked phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.