Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stlcheer

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
Question mine says Eligible For at&t next upgrade but the contract expires on the 22 of this month I know there no more contracts should I order from At&t or Apple. At&t rep says to order via there site will it come on launch date if I order from At&t
I ordered from AT&T last year and they were quoting October ship dates as soon as preorders went live for certain models. This year I'm playing it safe and upgrading on NEXT via Apple app or website.

Reactions: Alexrat1996

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
In the UK, we don't usually get the pick up from a Apple store option for a week or so, at least in by area. I will be pre-ordering online this year! i have Apple Pay on my iPad Pro, i was wondering if it would be faster to use that on the Apple App? i have not used Apple Pay yet since I've had it set up.
We got the pick up on store option last year. On launch day.
[doublepost=1473058202][/doublepost]
Really wish they would offer store pick up here in the UK, it would be much handier for so many people.

I've been fairly fortunate in previous years that I've been able to either be at home for delivery myself, or at least have somebody else at my home.

However, if delivery is on the 16th this year, we are away at a family thing that day. Would be much happier ordering to pick up in store early that day, rather than knowing I'm ordering, going to be away on delivery day, and my new phone is at the mercy of some courier until I can organise redelivery or pick it up from their depot.
They had instore pick up on launch day for the 6S/6S plus last year. I used it and got my phone on launch day without any issues.

Stlcheer

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
Did you ever get the phone on launch date or did you get on October
I went to the Apple Store the day the phone actually launched and picked one up after canceling my preorder. It was a pain. I don't remember if anyone else in my boat got theirs on launch day. We had a separate thread just for 6s+ people who ordered through ATT. They were all showing October dates. I think a few received them on launch day or shortly after.

bigscotal

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
UK
We got the pick up on store option last year. On launch day.
[doublepost=1473058202][/doublepost]
They had instore pick up on launch day for the 6S/6S plus last year. I used it and got my phone on launch day without any issues.

Be great if this is the case again this year for the 7.

The last phone I preordered was my 6, so would have missed that they had started doing in-store collection last year.

Do you know if the in-store option was available via the Apple Store app, or only on the full website?

Last edited:

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
We got the pick up on store option last year. On launch day

Not round by where I live unfortunately, I looked. I didn't get the 6s anyway but I did check if they had the instore pick up. Is the option there when pre-ordering or just in release date? This year I plan to pre-order using the app, some people have said it's faster! I'm also going to try using Apple Pay, that should make it easier and faster as well, especially if the demand is high and pre-orders sell out quick!

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Not round by where I live unfortunately, I looked. I didn't get the 6s anyway but I did check if they had the instore pick up. Is the option there when pre-ordering or just in release date? This year I plan to pre-order using the app, some people have said it's faster! I'm also going to try using Apple Pay, that should make it easier and faster as well, especially if the demand is high and pre-orders sell out quick!
Option is there when pre ordering. I picked up in the London area so maybe it's just for big cities.
[doublepost=1473063991][/doublepost]
Be great if this is the case again this year for the 7.

The last phone I preordered was my 6, so would have missed that they had started doing in-store collection last year.

Do you know if the in-store option was available via the Apple Store app, or only on the full website?
I think it was via the App Store. I was on holiday (Corfu) when the pre-orders went live and I had awful Internet. I had to go to a place with good internet to do the pre order. I remember having the webpage open on my iPad and the Apple app on my phone. I think I got through on my phone.

I know I used the App Store to pre order my Apple Watch.

Reactions: bigscotal

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
I went to the Apple Store the day the phone actually launched and picked one up after canceling my preorder. It was a pain. I don't remember if anyone else in my boat got theirs on launch day. We had a separate thread just for 6s+ people who ordered through ATT. They were all showing October dates. I think a few received them on launch day or shortly after.
You recommend I order from Apple

kybldmstr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Don't they usually not allow pre order pick up at stores? Thats how I remember it anyway..
Apple started doing this a couple years ago. I picked up my pre ordered iPhone 6 in store on launch day.
[doublepost=1473100853][/doublepost]
how will preorder work with upgrade program?
We don't really know. Last year you reserved a phone to purchase in store with the upgrade program. Application process all happened in store. But now you can order and apply for the program online. As for this year with the iPhone 7 we don't know. I would assume we can apply for the program online this year.

bigscotal

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Don't they usually not allow pre order pick up at stores? Thats how I remember it anyway..

In the UK, this was how it was last time I pre-ordered, which was for my 6. I guess they know the stores will be busy enough without folk walking in to just collect items that Apple basically have already taken their money. Better to have folk coming through the door that still want to part with their hard-earned cash.

However, another member has suggested that they were able to collect their 6S in store last year, so perhaps they have changed it. Would be interested to hear of any similar stories from UK folk. :)

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Apple started doing this a couple years ago. I picked up my pre ordered iPhone 6 in store on launch day.
[doublepost=1473100853][/doublepost]
We don't really know. Last year you reserved a phone to purchase in store with the upgrade program. Application process all happened in store. But now you can order and apply for the program online. As for this year with the iPhone 7 we don't know. I would assume we can apply for the program online this year.
yeah i have a trade in though so I don't think I can do it online. Of course when I ask apple they are clueless

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
In the UK, we don't usually get the pick up from a Apple store option for a week or so, at least in by area. I will be pre-ordering online this year! i have Apple Pay on my iPad Pro, i was wondering if it would be faster to use that on the Apple App? i have not used Apple Pay yet since I've had it set up.
for the 6s it was far quicker via the apple app than online. was instant

DeanAU

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2016
I'm visiting NYC in early Nov - If I purchase the iPhone 7 there I could save up to $250.. and the support is global..right?

brianric

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2011
You can pick up OR have delivered.

The devices usually go on sale via the Apple Store at 12 midnight pacific time. I get up at 3:30 eastern so I just set the alarm early and it takes like a few minutes to order and it is delivered to my office. No way I want to be around an Apple store but some enjoy the mass of people.
I pick mine up in sales tax free Delaware. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.