iPhone 7 Stereo Speakers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frenchie0101, Sep 16, 2016.

1. frenchie0101 macrumors 6502

Whats everyones thoughts on the stereo speakers?
    For me they are a little annoying, when holding the phone and listening to music you can feel the bass vibrating the phone, so I am not entirely convinced by them. Games too you get the same effect so after a while your hands get fed up.

2. I_am_a_loser macrumors regular

I'm sure anything is better than the speakers on the 6s. Though I can see the phone slightly shaking while using it being annoying.

3. RyanL93 macrumors newbie

Maybe they will include software later in iOS 10 to adjust the audio levels.

4. Razor Time macrumors member

Razor Time

The iPad Air 2 also vibrated when the volume went past 40%. Annoying.

5. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

Yeah it does vibrate like the iPad does. BUT I really love the sound quality/volume.

6. frenchie0101 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah sounds a lot better, I will get used to it no doubt.

7. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

The phone shakes on a table or in the hand???

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

:D

9. iosuser macrumors 6502a

Sound is created by moving air. You want bigger fuller sound, it's gotta move more air :D

10. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

From the keynote and the marketing materials, I got the impression it would be much more "stereo-like," but with my 7, the bottom speaker is MUCH louder than the top. Most of the time, I can't even hear the top speaker because it's drowned out by the bottom (even if I cup the top one).

Is this everyone else's experience as well or is there something amiss with mine?

11. CjonesHouston macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

The speakers are a great upgrade but until they replicate the iPad Pro quad speakers. It won't be that amazing.

12. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

I've only had the chance to test them out at the Apple Store, but I was very very impressed. I went in there not expecting to be able to even hear them due to the chaos that is launch day, and was surprised I could even hear them. Played a game and I was impressed to not only be able to hear it, but to hear it very well, and to be able to feel the bass of every explosion and gunshot in this game. The front facing speaker makes a huge difference, felt like I was playing an arcade game with one of those controllers that rumbles.

So I'm surprised to hear complaints about the sound quality, I found it to be better than I thought t would be by far. Can't wait until there's more than 1 or 2 plus models in the state of California so I can buy one..

13. EezyE macrumors regular

I've been pleasantly surprised and happy with the speakers.

14. michael31986 macrumors 68030

Are both speakers always used? when playing any videos on fb/instagram? or how does it work?

15. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

Is the top as loud as the bottom for you?

16. EezyE macrumors regular

Seems that way

17. J4B3 macrumors regular

J4B3

Sorry to hijack this thread, but is anyone having an issue with the top/front speaker?

I can barely hear it at all, especially if I cover the bottom speaker. I could have sworn it was louder -- I just put a glass screen protector on and I'm wondering if that could be the issue.

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I didn't receive my iphone 7 yet but I thought both speakers were on the bottom of the phone. No?

19. J4B3 macrumors regular

J4B3

This is interesting, I decided to remove the glass screen protector (bad idea anyway) and the front facing speaker seems to have improved dramatically.

Maybe I'm crazy (highly likely) but it seems like Apple might be using some sort of resonance with the glass to increase the volume of the top speaker. I guess that could explain why people are saying their phone 'vibrates' when music is playing.

20. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Yes.

21. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

2015: Can't believe Apple STILL doesn't have stereo on the iPhone 6s. Apple is doomed.

Now: These stereo speakers are TOO loud. Apple is doomed.

Oy vey people!!!

22. ddkkpp macrumors 6502

ddkkpp

I only used them a little on my desk at work today, but damn Siri sounds a lot closer to my ears, with more detail in her voice. My ringtone is way louder too, and speakerphone calls are also louder/clearer. Interesting upgrade that I didn't think I'd even notice. Was pleasantly surprised. (Especially by Siri's voice!!)

23. willmtaylor, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016

willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

Nope. (When in portrait) One on top and one on bottom.
    IMG_0610.JPG
    --- Post Merged, Sep 21, 2016 ---
    Not sure what you're on about. You're the only alarmist I see--trying to troll others.

The rest in the thread are trying to figure out what's working and what isn't and whether their phone's behavior's are normal.

24. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Sounds great. Very well optimized for voices. Deep and clear.

25. BenderSWZ macrumors newbie

Got exactly the same problem.. Maybe a software update will fix the poor balance between the 2 speakers... still haven't found a solution yet...
    And no my speaker id not obstructed. It s clean and like this since the first day...
    Maybe I ll ask Apple to change my phone.