iPhone 7 warm

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alexrat1996, Sep 21, 2016.

?

Does your iPhone 7 get warm during normal use

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    79.3%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  1. Alexrat1996 Suspended

can you respond ?

Mine got warm today I felt with my otter box on I let the iphone rest for 1hr with no use and it was not warm is this expected and can you vote in the poll ?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Common sense dictates that the iPhone will get warm under power-intensive tasks.

3. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

So there nothing I should worry about this point since the phone will get warm during use

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Correct, and you already have a thread on this.

5. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

I see now I should added on to that one
    I thought I was really having an issue

6. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

What were you doing when it got warm? That is the key. If it was not being used or charged and was heating up by itself on idle, then you got something to look at. If you were using it heavily, cradling it in your palms etc, then it is to be expected.

7. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

When it was idle it does not get warm but when I have facebook,messenger ,Youtube on it gets a little warm and I did went to the genius last Sunday and no issues in diagnostic .

8. Paul830 macrumors newbie

I was using my iPhone 7plus in the car today. It was charging and running waze (nav program). The outside temp. was 81 and air was on in the car. The iPhone 7 plus overheated and turned off giving overheating message. Before powering off the display got progressively darker until the phone completely powered down. I held the phone near the AC vent and it did finally "cool off" I have used every other iPhone in this same manner and have never had one power down due to overheating. The outside temp wasn't even that hot 81F. The phone did recover however I am somewhat concerned because I use my iPhones everyday for navigation in the car. I really can't have a phone that powered down at moderate temperature. I have an apt. with Apple tomorrow. Will let you know what they have to say.

9. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

Mine does not do anything of that
    --- Post Merged, Sep 21, 2016 ---
    Update my Mom iPhone 6 64GB gets warm also seems normal for my iPhone 7 and my mom iPhone 6 to get warm

10. Videomanmac macrumors 6502

Otterbox's, in my experience, cause the heat. They trap the heat inside the case. And is the otterbox black? Black absorbs heat.

11. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

I can feel it hot on the sides of the phone maybe it's the case I need to find another one. But it does get warm while using facebook,messenger,YouTube

12. Videomanmac macrumors 6502

Using the phone, with the otterbox on, and then removing the case, will cause the phone to be hot.

It is sad, but Messenger is likely causing the power intensive cores to fire up.

13. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

Messenger causing my phone to be slightly warm

14. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

Seems to be normal for the iPhone to get warm idk why 5 people vote no

15. rmeadejr macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

mine got very warm to the touch and that was with me not doing anything. i called AppleCare and they ran tests on my iPhone while i was still home. the engineers told me to not use the iPhone and take it to the nearest apple store. they gave me a new one and everything is good now. i have a 32gb gold iPhone 7 plus.

16. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

How did you find in stock and getting warm is normal with daily use without use getting warm that's not normal

17. Paul830 macrumors newbie

Just got back from the Apple store. The phone heated up again while using WAZE and charging in the car. Outside temp. was 83F. Phone screen dimmed so dark that I was unable to see anything tried to close the app. but the screen touch was unresponsive. The screen remained dark for about 10 minutes...lucky I was at Apple and they were able to see how dark it had become. They ran diagnostics on the phone and did see that the heat sensor had triggered. They had no explanation for what was happening. They seem to feel that the phone is operating normally... I've never had any other iPhone perform like that. Bottom line, they are ordering a one time warranty replacement under my apple care. If it continues to happen they will try a software reload.

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

Shouldn't it just be regular exchange since your new iPhone 7 should still be under the usual exchange/return period?

19. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

How many days till you get a new one

20. tbaer macrumors member

Mine is getting very warm now. Uncomfortable so. 20% battery drain in an hour with the screen mostly off. Unfortunately nothing showing that no battery monitor that would indicate what app is causing this.

21. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

Is it software isssue