Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

morgan amato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2017
Okay so I got my iPhone 7 the like 2nd week it came out and in March my back camera and flash just randomly stopped working and it just shows a black screen and doesn't change in any apps like facetime or Snapchat so I just ignored it and now it's June and more problems keep occurring, randomly instead of connecting to my carrier it says "searching" and for a day I would just turn it off and it would be fine. But then the next day when I woke up there wasn't even words on the top screen so I turned it off and turned it back on and everything was okay. Later that night my phone died and when I plugged it back in and started charging it would turn to the white apple screen and act like its turning on but then it goes to the black screen for 5 seconds and repeats this a million times. It can last anywhere between 5 minutes to an hour. But today it still said searching and it I was so tired of it that one of my friends requested taking out my sim card and I did and my phone didn't recognize that it was without a sim card so I turned it off. It started during the turning on and off thing again for about 2 hours and it finally recognized it had no sim card so I put it in and it finally connected to my network but then it died a minute later and this was all at about 8:30/9 and now it is almost 2 am and it is still turning on and off.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Okay so I got my iPhone 7 the like 2nd week it came out and in March my back camera and flash just randomly stopped working and it just shows a black screen and doesn't change in any apps like facetime or Snapchat so I just ignored it and now it's June and more problems keep occurring, randomly instead of connecting to my carrier it says "searching" and for a day I would just turn it off and it would be fine. But then the next day when I woke up there wasn't even words on the top screen so I turned it off and turned it back on and everything was okay. Later that night my phone died and when I plugged it back in and started charging it would turn to the white apple screen and act like its turning on but then it goes to the black screen for 5 seconds and repeats this a million times. It can last anywhere between 5 minutes to an hour. But today it still said searching and it I was so tired of it that one of my friends requested taking out my sim card and I did and my phone didn't recognize that it was without a sim card so I turned it off. It started during the turning on and off thing again for about 2 hours and it finally recognized it had no sim card so I put it in and it finally connected to my network but then it died a minute later and this was all at about 8:30/9 and now it is almost 2 am and it is still turning on and off.

Sounds like hardware, but to make sure backup your phone and reset it to factory. If it is still acting up then I am betting it is hardware. If not acting up then I would bet software and would be wary about using the backup to restore.

If it still does not operate correctly after a reset, it is time to take it to the Apple Store and have them run diagnostics.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.