iPhone 8+ takes 4 hours to wirelessly charge from 1-100%

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ssrij, Oct 6, 2017.

1. barkomatic macrumors 601

Ok, I misunderstood what you were getting at and I agree that wireless charging in general tends to be slower. However, there are fast wireless chargers out there as well and I wonder how the test might go using one.

2. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Wireless charging isn’t fast charging. People need to understand that it’s not and never has been about the speed. Even on Samsung with their “fast” wireless charging it’s still fairly slow.

3. Bane-Thunder macrumors 6502

I'm getting an iPhone X but have no plans for any wireless charger same with the S8 i had. Its just easier to plug it in and be done with it.

Why spend more money on a very pointless peripheral.

4. CasuallyDressed macrumors 6502

CasuallyDressed

Except its not, is it? How could picking the cable up, finding the Lightning socket on your phone and plugging it in possibly be easier than just placing your phone down?

5. Bane-Thunder macrumors 6502

It's easier as in the wire comes with your phone and you don't need to fork out extra money to order one separately.

6. barkomatic macrumors 601

To reduce wear and tear on the lightning port, which is a common point of failure. Though fast charging using a wall charger is *extremely* convenient and once you have it it's hard to go back to the old sluggish speeds.

Outside the home, wireless charging is bigger deal, since you can set your phone down on the counter in many places and your phone tops off while you eat or drink. It's by no means common, but the iPhone will drive adoption and make it standard in places like coffee shops and trendy bars even.

7. Bane-Thunder macrumors 6502

Ahh see that sounds nice. However where i live in the UK (Or maybe its just the places i visit?) there aren't any wireless charge points that im aware of. Maybe i'm missing something... who knows lol

But that sounds good, and in that case I would use wireless charging.

8. CasuallyDressed macrumors 6502

CasuallyDressed

It’s not easier then, is it. It’s cheaper. You pay for the convenience. If its a convenience that you’re not interested in, then fair enough. Nobody is making you buy a wireless charger.

9. HolyGrail macrumors 6502

HolyGrail

Don't know why you're quoting me, but ok.

10. DaveOP macrumors 65816

I am sorry for you that you do not understand.

11. HolyGrail, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017

HolyGrail macrumors 6502

HolyGrail

No problem. I'm am sorry for you that you are unable to read or write objectively.

12. Jacoblee23 macrumors 65816

My Belkin wireless charger already quit I guess. It shows a red might when I place my 8plus on there and won’t charge.

13. tarsins macrumors 6502a

tarsins

Since I plan on putting the phone on a charging mat on my bedside table every night I'm perfectly happy with this. I shouldn't need to charge during the day but if I do I'll use the 27w adaptor & USC-C to lighting cable.

14. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

You realise fast charging = additional heat and heat = quicker battery degradation?

You should really only use fast charging when absolutely necessary...

15. DaveOP macrumors 65816

I am sorry that you misunderstand my post, and are interpreting it this way. Have an excellent day, sir.

16. dominiongamma macrumors 68000

Thought I went crazy when I saw that lol
    --- Post Merged, Oct 10, 2017 ---
    No evidence of this, unless you can back that up

17. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

You’ve seriously never heard that heat is bad for batteries?

As you’re apparently unaware of a newish site called Google I’ll help with a few links for you.

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep12967

http://www.plugincars.com/lithium-ion-batteries-can’t-stand-heat-122447.html

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/discharging_at_high_and_low_temperatures

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/everyday-tech/lithium-ion-battery2.htm

http://www.mpoweruk.com/life.htm

That’s only from a single page of results from that new site called Google :rolleyes:

Feel free to try it yourself sometime, it’s available 24/7 at www.google.com

18. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

Defective Qi charger, Apple will launch their product in the next few months. Stay tuned.

19. Zune55 macrumors 6502a

Zune55

Biased video, reviwer not using any case on note 8 but using it on iphone. Case makes charging slow. Also for note 8 the thug using newest samsung charger but for iphone the lame quality one. I am using samsung 1st gen fast charger with iphone 8 without case and the iphone 8 is charging rapidly.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 11, 2017 ---
    Biased video also poster need to up his standards
    As per my experience don’t buy the mat buy the stand you can watch clock or media. Plus its more convenient, but if you really want iphone to lay next to you than mat is okay.
    This video is total fruitcake, it is made to look iphone bad. Cheap tactics used by the YouTube reviewer