iPhone addiction

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nicoboss, Jul 5, 2007.

1. nicoboss macrumors member

It's been only six days, but I have to say it - I am completely addicted to this thing.
    I went out for lunch today without it and I felt so naked - I already got used to use any free time and browse the internet/email/utube with it - waiting online, in the car, for the train.

I converted much of my movies, spend my time building playlists (I used to just drop music in my ipod).

My internet browing is now very focused: yahoo keyword iphone, macrumors/iphone, engadget/iphone, apple.com/iphone. All my browsing has /iphone in it....

I have also to admit that I am looking again got those white headphones (lost the habit 3 years ago when ipod took off) and look for the microphone, only to realize with EXTREME delight that I am sooooo the only one in my neighborhood to have it.

Feels good to be the one of the only one million to have it :)

Go on and admit it also, it feels good to write about THE IPHONE

2. jphaberman macrumors newbie

Only six days?! Does anyone else feel like it's been a lot longer? Thinking about like before iPhone (i.e. Treo 680) gives me nightmares, like going back to the stone age.

I am too, and it's even worse than my addiction to nicotine. My laptop has been within arm's reach since getting the iPhone, but I haven't used it for more than a couple minutes.

3. gr8ful macrumors member

I believe it is time to form Gadgets Anonymous for those struggling with an addiction to electronic gadgets where one of the symptoms is new-thing euphoria.

Check out this link. It may actually become a disorder some day.

http://english.pravda.ru/main/18/90/359/14535_gadget.html

(Excerpt)
    The new up-to-date form of psychological dependence has not been studied thoroughly yet. Western scientists call it the “gadget addiction.” Psychologists determined that over-indulgence to technical devices may lead to mental disorder. The uncontrollable desire to buy all new appliances without any reasons is the most explicit symptom of this sickness. In addition, some individuals spend hours and days examining a new purchase, trying to sort out all of its functions and buttons. The process makes such people forget about everything else, including food and sex. Gadget addiction can bring a lot of trouble to family couples: a gadget-addicted spouse – usually a man - stops paying enough attention to his wife and even tries to avoid intimacy with her.

Enjoy your iPhone while you can, one day you may be institutionalized for using it. :D

4. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I'm on my MBP right now and I have finger prints all over the screen as I forget this thing does not have multi-touch. Errr, total addiction. :D

5. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

I am totally addicted as well, but sadly to the iPhone threads on this forum. :rolleyes:

I'll have to wait until the UK release at the end of the year for the real thing. :(

6. dannyallen34 macrumors regular

I have to agree that it is very addicting. I'm even typing this on my iphone. I have bursts of time where I can type fast and i'm impressed with how easy it is to type after only 3 hours. I'm sure that my speed will increase to be even greater.

I've been using my iPhone mainly for youtube so far but I also really enjoy the iPod features.

7. GSV macrumors member

I too am addicted to reading these forums because I don't have one yet. My friend bought one on Saturday then left town on Sunday, so I got a major tease! I've been having withdrawal pains all week. I may have to start going to the Apple store on a semi daily basis to get my fix with the demo phones until my iPhone enabled buddy comes back in town.

8. digimidi macrumors newbie

Smart Scroll X

If you want more of an iPhone page scrolling experience on a Mac, get Smart Scroll X. Very cool.

Gil

9. David R macrumors 6502

I'm really enjoying it.

Today our Internet connection at work went down for about an hour and since I usually listen to XM Online it felt weird not to have any music playing.

Then it hit me, I had my iPhone with all of my songs! I plugged in the headphones to the iPhone and listend to my own music for a few hours.

Now if it only had a game or two, I'd be in heaven.

10. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

Count me as yet another addicted NON-iPhone-owner.

I don't know what I get from reading the iPhone forums every 5 minutes, other than more and more depressed I don't have one. :(

11. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

I'm not addicted to the iphone.
    deny everything! they'll NEVER know. you're not typing on the iphone right now, you don't use 24/7, you wouldn't give up food for a week for the iphone. no... not at all. denial is the key to salvation!

12. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Have you seen and tried one though?

Edit: Forget the question, I've just noticed your signature and "location".

Perhaps I should ask: 'Why not?'

13. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

14. SetterP macrumors newbie

Totally addicted and I'm only 3 hours into ownership

I love my iphone :cool: :)

15. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

16. junkyardmessiah macrumors newbie

Hi my name is D, and I'm an Iphone addict! *waves*

I am almost sad that I am done setting up all my contacts, calendars, songs etc...because I have less reason to fiddle around with everything! :D

Luckily (heh!) I still haven't figured out how to send email from WiFi yet (it was working this morning. Now...not so much.) So I still have reason to play around with it.

I'm sure this is a sign of insanity. Oh well. Hopefully they'll let me take my iphone into the nuthouse when they finally cart me off.:eek:

17. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

highlight my post, then you'll get it ;)

18. Passante macrumors 6502a

Passante

Totally addicted

I live 5 minutes from an Apple store and I've been there 4 times to play with the iPhone. Today I had to force myself to turn away from the store.

Why haven't purchased one yet? My cell phone contract expires in Dec. :mad:

Hoping version 2 is released in time for Christmas or by MacWorld Expo in January.

19. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

version two software update? def. :cool:

version two iphone? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:p

20. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Now, that is clever.

How do you do it, or is it some sort of wizardry only available on the iPhone! ;)

Invisible ink eh.

21. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

or maybe my iphone is an invisible wizard. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

22. woodbutcher macrumors regular

woodbutcher

I still have my treo 755p, I just tried to scroll down an email by flicking my finger...... I guess I am addicted

someone please make the iphone do a little more, so i can ditch this thing

23. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

what features are you looking for?

24. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

I had it today for the first full day, and I had a hard time keeping it out of my hands,

I saw my old cell phone today. It was a sad comparison...although that old phone was a workhorse...

25. kalafalas macrumors regular

OMG i do the EXACT same thing! i was readin this article, and as i was going to reply i flick the screen to scroll down and go, what the hell? LOL