iPhone Addiction

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Croatian, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Croatian macrumors 6502

on the radio today i was listening to this guy talk about iPhone

he was saying how iPhone is becoming new CrackBerry ...

CrackBerry sold over 10 million copies since it's existence and so far iPhone has sold 1.5 million and it is fast approaching the CrackBerries numbers

do u think once iPhone matches CrackBerry .. there will be an iPhone Addiction camps like once for CrackBerry users .. (Sheraton Chicago has one)

whats you input :)

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

The thing about Blackberry is non-users often don't see the appeal, but with iPhone, pretty much everyone would like one...

3. tonywob, Dec 6, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011

tonywob macrumors regular

4. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I have never owned a blackberry, but I have used a few and I use my sisters blackberry regularly, they aren't addictive like an iPhone. Going on the web with a blackberry is anything but addicting, the web on the iPhone is completely different. Music and video on the iPhone are also fantastic. In my opinion, the only place a blackberry may be more addictive is in the email. If I had a blackberry I am guessing that I would be on it about half the time that I spend on my iPhone.

5. tonywob, Dec 6, 2007
  6. memesmith macrumors regular

'Cos it is as addictive as crack cocaine, apparently.

7. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

People I know with the Crackberry can't seem to be anywhere without it. You're talking with them and they pull the thing out the second a mail message comes in (annoying) and like every 5 minutes throughout the day. They are doing that everywhere (I saw a guy do it at the movies, and it was a great movie, at least I thought).

That's a Crackberry.

My iPhone I use as a cell phone, an iPod, and a PDA. I'm not pulling it out every 5 minutes.

I'm not addicted to it, despite the fact that I will never use another PDA or cell phone other than an iPhone the rest of my life.... :eek:

8. tonywob, Dec 6, 2007
  9. snook911 macrumors 6502a

Thats not addictive. A little obssesive, yes.:rolleyes:

10. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

Perfectly stated.

And notice how much more "fun" the BB has become with slimmer models in multiple colors and plenty of media capabilities and apps? As soon as the iPhone gets push email, watch out!

11. hobo macrumors regular

... and corporate discounts.

12. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Another Success Story

Well, a friend a mine was a CrackBerry Head. Then he saw my iPhone. He wanted to check it out every time I was using it.

He finally went and got one, and has been freed from his CrackBerry addiction. No more "pulling it out to check the new e-mail" in the middle of our conversations, no more websites turned into "BlackBerry" text which looks pathetic.

He is now a full fledged iPhone user and he says he will never go back. He's more than comfortable with simply "checking his e-mail now and then..."

He's so into it, he wants me to re-lock the phone and switch over to AT&T at the end of his T-Mobile contract mid next year so that he gets the latest updates from Apple (I wish Steve would figure out how unlocked phones are generating more iPhone and, in some instances, AT&T customers).

Just thought I'd throw this out there for thought...

13. rayward macrumors 65816

I had a client chastise me recently for not responding immediately to an email that she knows I saw because I have a Blackberry. I simply asked her if she would mind if I pulled out my 'Berry while talking to her to answer an email from another client. "Oh..."

As for addiction, I use my iPhone a lot, but I don't think I'm addicted. I simply does so much that it gets a lot of use. A Blackberry is quite annoying to use, especially once you've used an iPhone, so I don't see the charm of it. I have to have the BB for work, so I use it on those occasions when I'm working but removed from my desk. It stays at home in the evenings and on weekends, and only gets picked up when I've run out of things to do on my iPhone.

My iPhone is never far away, however...

14. slffl macrumors 65816

slffl

Yes I'm addicted. The iPhone is with me pretty much all the time. I even keep it under a pillow at night. I use the sleep timer to fall asleep to a podcast or audiobook, and then use the alarm to wake up. I love it!

15. zakee00 macrumors regular

zakee00

My friend just got a Blackberry because until Sunday, it was probably the "hippest" phone you could buy in Alaska. He is on it every second of his life. He definitely looks for things to talk about with people just so he can use it. It bugs the hell out of me. Push email+4 IM clients+text messaging+Myspace=too many different ways to get ahold of someone :rolleyes: I went to a movie with him a week ago and he was on his Blackberry the whole time- what the hell?!

He also bashes on everyone else's phones constantly...hopefully when I get my iPhone I can change that :D

16. iphoneannoyed22 macrumors newbie

Is it just me or do you know people who have an iphone and in the middle of your conversation pull it out to text there e-mail or text others? While you are trying to continue the conversation they ignore you. Would you call someone who pulls out their iphone in a movie theater an iphone addict? Or when you go out to dinner at a restaurant and instead of having a conversation with you they only hear bits and pieces of what you say or ignore you all together, would you say they have an addiction? My friend is a member of all these community organizations and says he is constantly doing stuff for the various groups, but I kinda find that hard to believe. What do you think?

17. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Yes I am addicted....I use it to check my email...sent over 5,000 text messages, I used it as a phone, as a PDA, as a mobile gaming platform, to surf the net for useless facts while I am at the bar with my friends, to find out what song is currently playing(shazam) to check sport scores, youtube, camera, video camera.....yeah I'm addicted:D

18. axxo08 macrumors newbie

19. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

20. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I believe these numbers are incorrect. Apple has sold well over 17 million iPhones.

</sarcasm>

21. Entertainment72 macrumors member

Entertainment72

iPhone has push email with Exchange Active Sync (sub folders) (much more cost effective than BES) or MobileMe.

MobileMe is beyond quick! :) Yes it cost $ but $69 a year.. I'll take a mobile OTA HD, push Gallery, OTA push calendar with Outlook sync, OTA Push contacts.. love it! Push push push

iPhone is beyond addicting.. think Crack, Smokers, Alcoholics all in one.. Try "Word With Friends" App.. awesome!

Even without push, even IMAP email on the iPhone is fantastic..!

22. Entertainment72 macrumors member

Entertainment72

That post was from 2007. ;)

23. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I'm truely an addict. I have my 2G iPhone running Police Scanner, I use my 3G S to check emails while listening to the 2G and sometimes I mess with the 3G too. A girls got her needs ya know.

24. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Classics never die.

25. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Few more iPhones sold now eh?